Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Unregistered 31-03-2013 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 34746)
So is it pretty hard to get in, in a good way or bad way? If can get in means you are capable or?

I think the salary range is abit off.

The salary range is not off, trust me. However, salary that I depicted does NOT include something called 'appointment' allowance. Basically, rank is not equal to appointment. A person with a high DXO rank might get a low appointment and vice-versa. Additionally, higher up the ladder, some DXOs take up dual appointments due to lack of capable people. Hence, they get additional allowances too. So it all depends on which appointment and department you get. A DX10 with an appointment of nursing officer would get a lower pay than a DX10 with an appointment of senior safety officer. Both can be same rank, but in a highly safety-conscious service such as SAF, the safety officer is paid much more.

Also, experience counts for alot, a 45-yr old retired MAJ or COL who jumps to the DX line and is a DX10 would earn much more than a fresh grad who worked his way up to DX10.

Unregistered 31-03-2013 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 35064)
The salary range is not off, trust me. However, salary that I depicted does NOT include something called 'appointment' allowance. Basically, rank is not equal to appointment. A person with a high DXO rank might get a low appointment and vice-versa. Additionally, higher up the ladder, some DXOs take up dual appointments due to lack of capable people. Hence, they get additional allowances too. So it all depends on which appointment and department you get. A DX10 with an appointment of nursing officer would get a lower pay than a DX10 with an appointment of senior safety officer. Both can be same rank, but in a highly safety-conscious service such as SAF, the safety officer is paid much more.

Also, experience counts for alot, a 45-yr old retired MAJ or COL who jumps to the DX line and is a DX10 would earn much more than a fresh grad who worked his way up to DX10.

Of course same rank can have different earnings la. The issue is that the pay grade range is super larger for each grade. I disagree with high rank low appt, and low rank high appt. Rank is closely pegged to appt. You can't be a DD with grade 10, or an SO at grade 14.

Unregistered 01-04-2013 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 35065)
Of course same rank can have different earnings la. The issue is that the pay grade range is super larger for each grade. I disagree with high rank low appt, and low rank high appt. Rank is closely pegged to appt. You can't be a DD with grade 10, or an SO at grade 14.

Well I've seen it happen. In a sense, its more common for the medical corps. There is a main HQ and there are medical centres. So a nursing or dental officer can start at either side, at HQ or at a medical centre. After awhile, they will both rank up. However, the guy at HQ would probably take up a more managerial positions because thats what the HQ gears them towards. While his peer in the medical centre is still just a dental / nursing officer. They can choose to go to HQ or vice versa but being comfortable in their working environment, some choose not to switch over to HQ. Hence, you might see a high ranked Dental or Nursing officer at a medical centre and a lower/equivalent ranked one at HQ that is, by appointment, their bosses, although they are only the boss in an administrative sense.

Unregistered 04-04-2013 07:24 PM

It is off. DX9 do not hit 4K for starting pay graduates. From someone who is currently inside.

Unregistered 04-04-2013 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 35270)
It is off. DX9 do not hit 4K for starting pay graduates. From someone who is currently inside.

i got info that my friend 2nd upper NTU with NS join DXO as fresh grad getting 3.6k starting, in year 2008.....

now may be more???

Unregistered 05-04-2013 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 25393)
Hi

I also got a rejection email from DXO today....think is dunno 20++th rejection from dxo, I have been applying for dxo position for 5 years since fresh grad....attend 3x psycho test over the past 5 years, some is b4 interview, some after interview, some just take test then after that no interview follow up with rejection email....many time i just apply after 2-3 weeks without any test or interview and rejected!!! I dunno why?? I even email them if 'Fail" psyco test, then what's next? Ask them can I still apply a not, they just use a official email template to reply me, is like never answer my question?!?! 2nd lower here

Most MINDEF jobs are sensitive, so a certain level of security clearance is required. Your personal history or background may not be suitable perhaps.

Unregistered 05-04-2013 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 35273)
i got info that my friend 2nd upper NTU with NS join DXO as fresh grad getting 3.6k starting, in year 2008.....

now may be more???

of course... if he join in 2008, 3.6 + (100 x 5) = 4100. Good money.

Unregistered 05-04-2013 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 35320)
of course... if he join in 2008, 3.6 + (100 x 5) = 4100. Good money.

i mean the starting pay for the same <<2nd upper NTU with NS>> in 2013, it will be more than 3.6k in 2008 ....

if you are talking about the year increment and occasionally wage adjustment from 2008 till 2013, well, he will be getting 5k min now at least

Unregistered 06-04-2013 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 35270)

Yea just joined not long ago this year as fresh grad. Didn't hit 4k too.

Unregistered 06-04-2013 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 35324)
Yea just joined not long ago this year as fresh grad. Didn't hit 4k too.

how long to get a promotion?