Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 25-09-2018 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 110475)
How much to expect as a year 1 Senior Manager in big 4? Would 8.5k be a fair ask?

How many does it take for you to get to year 1 senior manager?

Unregistered 28-09-2018 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 110475)
How much to expect as a year 1 Senior Manager in big 4? Would 8.5k be a fair ask?

Very fair and kind of low an ask to make.

Unregistered 30-09-2018 11:01 AM

Hi guys. Went for interview with PWC for a SA position with IT risk/audit under the CSAT technologist(mid career) programme. Currently on 72k last annum. The interview with the SM went well and he replied to my thank you email asking me to prepare for the next step.

I am thinking that the HR will call me up soon next week as I did not indicate my expected in the application. For a SA position in PWC, is 80-85k/annum asking for too much? Seems like alot from research in glassdoor.

Hope to hear from you guys soon!

Unregistered 30-09-2018 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 110553)
Hi guys. Went for interview with PWC for a SA position with IT risk/audit under the CSAT technologist(mid career) programme. Currently on 72k last annum. The interview with the SM went well and he replied to my thank you email asking me to prepare for the next step.

I am thinking that the HR will call me up soon next week as I did not indicate my expected in the application. For a SA position in PWC, is 80-85k/annum asking for too much? Seems like alot from research in glassdoor.

Hope to hear from you guys soon!

Is 72k your annual base or with bonus?

Unregistered 01-10-2018 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 110555)
Is 72k your annual base or with bonus?

Hi, with bonus. What is the bonus like in big4 anyways.

Unregistered 01-10-2018 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 110572)
Hi, with bonus. What is the bonus like in big4 anyways.

Do read the previous posts. Your new annual package for SA is likely to be around 65-70k. Yes, it will be a pay cut. The SM will tell you it's worth it for the "valuable experience" you can gain. You have to make your own decision whether it is true or not.

Unregistered 03-10-2018 10:32 AM

Am currently a local uni accounting student, with prior internship in audit in a mid tier firm. Is it possible for me to get into any big 4 advisory if i grad with only a second lower honours?

LucioPeanuts 05-10-2018 02:36 PM

Reading up on big 4 threads, I’ve noticed they don’t really take in private degrees unless you have additional certs/qualifications (ACCA etc.) I’m not sure how true this information may be.

Nonetheless, can anyone very this? As I’m currently taking my degree in Accounting & Finance from Kaplan - Murdoch, as well as sitting for ACCA-SBR paper, I would expect to complete all ACCA papers by the end of my course at Kaplan. (Exempted from F1-9). Also have a few years of Payroll experience (part time job while studying).

Hope someone could advise if I stand any chance at getting into the big 4 after I grad? Or would I be better off applying to mid-tiers?

Unregistered 06-10-2018 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LucioPeanuts (Post 110684)
Reading up on big 4 threads, I’ve noticed they don’t really take in private degrees unless you have additional certs/qualifications (ACCA etc.) I’m not sure how true this information may be.

Nonetheless, can anyone very this? As I’m currently taking my degree in Accounting & Finance from Kaplan - Murdoch, as well as sitting for ACCA-SBR paper, I would expect to complete all ACCA papers by the end of my course at Kaplan. (Exempted from F1-9). Also have a few years of Payroll experience (part time job while studying).

Hope someone could advise if I stand any chance at getting into the big 4 after I grad? Or would I be better off applying to mid-tiers?

you'd be better off working somewhere else for a short while before trying for the big 4s. look at this guy for example, pvte uni and then big 4:
linkedin.com/in/joshua-choong-yong-keong-212b12b4

Unregistered 08-10-2018 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LucioPeanuts (Post 110684)

You should try to work in mid-tier audit firms to gain experience first. I used to work in KPMG as HR so i know it is really competitive as we usually shortlist/offer local uni grads first. I heard from my colleague from experienced hire that they do take in those from RSM and BDO for SA1 or SA2 roles. It would be good if you have 3 to 4 years of exp.