Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 17-10-2018 09:32 PM

Tax

Can someone shed some light on the future prospects of having a tax advisory background? And also which Big 4 does it the best?

Unregistered 22-10-2018 04:25 PM

Hi guys, many valuable information in this thread, would like to seek for advice here.

I have an oversea degree and currently pursuing CPA Australia on a part-time basis, left with 2 more papers, expecting to complete the program next year.

Been working as an auditor in small local firms for the past 4 years, currently a senior auditor in a small local firm.

I aspire to make a jump to advance my career, wondering will the Big 4 be accepting candidate like me, CPA + degree with 4-5 years of audit experience in small firms?

Or, is moving to mid-tier a better option for me?

Many thanks!

Unregistered 25-10-2018 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 111060)
Hi guys, many valuable information in this thread, would like to seek for advice here.

I have an oversea degree and currently pursuing CPA Australia on a part-time basis, left with 2 more papers, expecting to complete the program next year.

Been working as an auditor in small local firms for the past 4 years, currently a senior auditor in a small local firm.

I aspire to make a jump to advance my career, wondering will the Big 4 be accepting candidate like me, CPA + degree with 4-5 years of audit experience in small firms?

Or, is moving to mid-tier a better option for me?

Many thanks!

I guess you may have to move to a mid tier for a year before jumping to big 4. have not heard of anyone moving from small firms to big4.

do note of the bond when applying at mid tier and good luck

auditboy 26-10-2018 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 111151)
I guess you may have to move to a mid tier for a year before jumping to big 4. have not heard of anyone moving from small firms to big4.

Hi thank you so much for taking the time to reply.

1 more question, do the Big 4 have any special preference over the mid-tier international firm? Like do they prefer candidates from BDO, RSM as compared to Mazaars, Baker Tilly? Or they treat all intentional mid-tier candidates equally?

Unregistered 26-10-2018 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by auditboy (Post 111176)
Hi thank you so much for taking the time to reply.

1 more question, do the Big 4 have any special preference over the mid-tier international firm? Like do they prefer candidates from BDO, RSM as compared to Mazaars, Baker Tilly? Or they treat all intentional mid-tier candidates equally?

Yes, they are all treated equally by HR as second tier.

Unregistered 26-10-2018 10:13 PM

what's the typical annual increment rate for big 4?

Unregistered 22-11-2018 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 111151)

I just accepted a job offer in KPMG Tax, worked 2 years+ in a small audit firm in accounts, & I graduated from SIM-UOL with second lower honours.

Anything is possible, no harm sending in your resume to try. Especially when you have working experience & ace your interview, where your Uni degree is from does not matter.

Unregistered 21-12-2018 06:43 PM

what is the salary range for a associate director in Big 4?

Unregistered 22-12-2018 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 112577)
what is the salary range for a associate director in Big 4?

Get your grammar sorted out first. We don't need any more third world country leeches.

Unregistered 22-12-2018 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 112584)
Get your grammar sorted out first. We don't need any more third world country leeches.

What is the salary range of an associate director in big 4?