Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 01-07-2023 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 251074)
be thankful that the 'kids' are expecting changes that you oldies never bothered pushing for. It is only true dissatisfaction at the ground that will shake things up. You think big4 can get away with shitty pay reviews from now on? One wrong move and the whole bunch of seniors will just leave. Be thankful for these 'kids'

ya i feel the current gen z cannot be offended.

if they dun feel the worth of it, or being valued in the job, they will just move to the greener side of the grass.

I think anywhere is still greener than big4 lol.

Unregistered 01-07-2023 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 251096)
I am from orange, ask me anything.

What's the payscale of each rank after revision?

Unregistered 01-07-2023 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 251105)

if they dun feel the worth of it, or being valued in the job, they will just move to the greener side of the grass.

Correct, it is thanks to gen z that audit firms bother revising paygrade, that's the reason why managers don't get any pay adjustments so far and all news (even since Covid) have been for associates/1st year seniors. The gen z staff we are getting is clearly not putting up with the dinosaurs' ******** and the only ones staying are those who are too mediocre to join elsewhere. Now the bar is seriously low because they are just taking in any locals to beef up the quota to hire foreigners.

FYI they are resorting to hiring foreigners who have never studied in SG for entry-level associates now because non-clueless locals don't want to do audit. This was not a thing for years. Locals have to band together so that govt dont give in to partner lobbying. They utterly hate the upcoming EP system, which is even worse than the current one cos now a lot of Malaysian associates/seniors only get SPass now which eats into their quota. Oppo may be crazy but that's the only way you can make it clear to the govt that this stupid practice of importing foreigners en masse need to stop.

When I see payroll, I see my clients' new joiners all earn more than my fresh associates... all at a much better bonus, benefits, and WLB... So now I always tell my interns not to join audit if they can.

Unregistered 01-07-2023 03:32 PM

Quote:

what is the bonus like for the past 2-3 years?

Unregistered 01-07-2023 03:37 PM

How's the bonus at the firms? Blue only less than one month, say firm not doing well and losing money from implementing new audit software. My friends in other non-audit companies all getting minimum 2 months bonus - so auditors suck at doing business?

Unregistered 01-07-2023 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 251105)

that's why they are replacing gen z with foreigner fresh grads from non-sg uni... last time policy say cannot do that, now so desperate.

locals hire for quota only, or hire more local non-audit staff to boost the quota cos turnover lower than audit staff...

Unregistered 01-07-2023 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 250507)
Making slight tweak for PwC A1

K: 3600 (with bonus)
P: 3600 (no bonus)
E: 3600
D: 3500

A2
K: 3800
P: 4000
E: 3900
D: 4000

S1
K: 4800
P: 5000
E: 4800-5000 (depending performance)
D: 4800

S2
K: 5300
P: 5300
E: 5500
D: 5500

AM
K: 5900
P: 6100
E: 6300
D: 6200

M
K: 7200
P: 7000
E: 7000
D: 7100

Is this still relevant based on the pay scale as of July2023? For blue, orange and green?

Unregistered 01-07-2023 04:13 PM

"Task force set up to persuade more to take up accountancy, change ‘boring’ tag"
s://.straitstimes.com/business/task-force-set-up-to-persuade-more-to-take-up-accountancy-and-change-boring-tag

I feel the action towards making accountancy more attractive is wrong.
They ought to know that it is the influx of msians, low pay, high working hours making it not attractive anymore.

shame on isca and MOF

Unregistered 01-07-2023 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 251118)
that's why they are replacing gen z with foreigner fresh grads from non-sg uni... last time policy say cannot do that, now so desperate.

locals hire for quota only, or hire more local non-audit staff to boost the quota cos turnover lower than audit staff...

The main issue with gen z is because we are living in a faster pace life.
Unlike the boomer generation, they experienced the life without internet yet.

Gen z feel the stress because we cannot see the future for long term. It is so uncertain. We are living in the VUCA world right now. There is a news article on the highest suicide rate and mostly are in 20s. With a click on the internet, we can find more attractive opportunities. That being said, each position is more competitive too. This makes gen z more stress.

It is not that gen z cannot do work. Some boomers like to call us strawberry generation. But the thing is since the world is so uncertain, gen z would rather want to have bird in the hand (it is a theory). This explains why they want work life balance and higher pay with reasonable work load.

Unregistered 01-07-2023 04:48 PM

Quote:

how much is the pay now for your rank