Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 06-05-2024 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277907)
Huhhh? They openly announce the pay rise only for 1rank? Lol r they trying to make more ppl tender?

From the previous posts, they mentioned its associate 1 pay. $4k

They just need local associates and foreign seniors. It will work

Unregistered 06-05-2024 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277880)
Non-tech and non-finance industry in SG in general is underpaid. I've attended so many interviews and every one of them offered so little for 4 years of experience. Luckily I got a referral and managed to snag an entry-level non accounting role that gave me a pay bump. No wonder the intake for accountancy is falling....

lol the gov is not doing much to save this industry. The root cause has not been eliminated: there's no work life balance and low wages. The situation won't change much in the future, even with the extra exemptions given to future accounting graduates. I guess sgp will become the “global accountancy hub” by outsourcing or relying on foreign manpower.

Unregistered 06-05-2024 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277910)

No more foreign seniors worrr. MOM don’t wanna approve work pass dyy

Unregistered 06-05-2024 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277914)
lol the gov is not doing much to save this industry. The root cause has not been eliminated: there's no work life balance and low wages. The situation won't change much in the future, even with the extra exemptions given to future accounting graduates. I guess sgp will become the “global accountancy hub” by outsourcing or relying on foreign manpower.

I started my career in this field, so I’ve never “tasted” this work life balance you speak of.

It’s like asking a blind person to visualise colours.

How do people outside spend their time, if not in office until late?

Unregistered 06-05-2024 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277910)

My firm hasn’t announced anything.

But I would imagine if they raise A1, shouldn’t the other ranks ask for a revision too?

Unregistered 06-05-2024 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277917)
No more foreign seniors worrr. MOM don’t wanna approve work pass dyy

Not an issue, seniors are getting outsourced at 2k SGD. Just let the local associate go down to client to show face and vouch, not like seniors do much paper vouching anyway.

I'm guessing they're gonna do it like this:
A1 4k
A2 4.2k
S1 4.8k
S2 5.3k

Prestige of "high-pay" entry level (which is what students care about) is maintained and they get to hire 5 foreigners for every local, win-win.

Unregistered 06-05-2024 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277922)
Not an issue, seniors are getting outsourced at 2k SGD. Just let the local associate go down to client to show face and vouch, not like seniors do much paper vouching anyway.

A1 4k
A2 4.2k
S1 4.8k
S2 5.3k

Prestige of "high-pay" entry level (which is what students care about) is maintained and they get to hire 5 foreigners for every local, win-win.

Yeap please do this. Let this be the tipping point for more resignation

Unregistered 07-05-2024 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277923)
Yeap please do this. Let this be the tipping point for more resignation

800 more for 2 YOE? Lemao better off flip prata at downstairkopitiam

Unregistered 07-05-2024 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277922)

A1 4k
A2 4.2k
S1 4.8k
S2 5.3k

Nah 4k isn’t enough. If you want to appeal fresh grads you just need to game the GES by offering high starting pay.

Imagine if they pay A1 5k but increase by $200 every year… it will still work better.

Unregistered 07-05-2024 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277942)
Nah 4k isn’t enough. If you want to appeal fresh grads you just need to game the GES by offering high starting pay.

Imagine if they pay A1 5k but increase by $200 every year… it will still work better.

Difficult bro. Recovery cannot cover. The more u progress , the thinner ur team should be. Audit is on triangle model, not inverted triangle. Cannot top heavy:)