Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 14-06-2021 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KKK (Post 174027)
Not only need to be a partner but need to be senior partner in order to make serious cash. Even a junior partner only makes like $14/16k per month which isn't a lot. The senior partners on the other hand can easily make $1mil a year.

It's a slogfest over at the big 4.

serious ? SM is already making near 14/16k per month

i suppose partner should be near 20k/mth, else they might as well be a senior management in other corporation

Unregistered 14-06-2021 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 174057)

i suppose partner should be near 20k/mth, else they might as well be a senior management in other corporation

SM make 14/16k? Don’t make me laugh. M starts at ~6k. Do the math yourself. Maybe for those that are stuck at SM with a lot of experience then perhaps.

KKK 14-06-2021 11:18 AM

Quote:

Yea, I am 100% sure because I have friends and family working in big 4. Partner can easily make 20k/month but not as a junior partner, need to have more ownership in the partnership then can make lots of $$$ but that usually only comes a couple of years after they make partner.

Unregistered 14-06-2021 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KKK (Post 174065)
Yea, I am 100% sure because I have friends and family working in big 4. Partner can easily make 20k/month but not as a junior partner, need to have more ownership in the partnership then can make lots of $$$ but that usually only comes a couple of years after they make partner.

Is there like a limit on the ownership/partner share they can buy ?
An analogy, if the junior partner came from a wealth family to begin with. Can he/she literally buy X amount (to max that he could affords) of ownership/partner shares and literally do the minimal but get tons of compensation due to the ownership/partner shares he/she is holding ?

Like the concept of an investor buying a company shares and get dividend from it.

KKK 14-06-2021 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 174134)
Is there like a limit on the ownership/partner share they can buy ?
An analogy, if the junior partner came from a wealth family to begin with. Can he/she literally buy X amount (to max that he could affords) of ownership/partner shares and literally do the minimal but get tons of compensation due to the ownership/partner shares he/she is holding ?

Like the concept of an investor buying a company shares and get dividend from it.

I think there is a limit and it is tied to the years of service in the partner capacity because their shares vest over time so it's not instantaneous. Even then, how much a partner takes home is also dependent on how much his business unit brings in.

Unregistered 14-06-2021 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KKK (Post 174065)

non equity partner ... maybe that amount

equity partner that buy in is way more... else not worth it la.

Unregistered 15-06-2021 05:08 AM

Quote:

Yup a new junior partner makes about 14k a month, but that's base salary. SM is around 8-10k a month typically. Those who get stuck at SM for longer might be making more, quite near junior partner level like you said.

chickpig 15-06-2021 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 174064)
SM make 14/16k? Don’t make me laugh. M starts at ~6k. Do the math yourself. Maybe for those that are stuck at SM with a lot of experience then perhaps.

Big 4 Consulting SMs do make 15/16k btw, and Ms do make 10/11k.

chickpig 15-06-2021 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 174171)
Yup a new junior partner makes about 14k a month, but that's base salary. SM is around 8-10k a month typically. Those who get stuck at SM for longer might be making more, quite near junior partner level like you said.

Wow, like that means Big 4 Consulting SM earn more than Audit junior partner, and Consulting M earn more than Audit SM then.

Unregistered 15-06-2021 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chickpig (Post 174181)
Big 4 Consulting SMs do make 15/16k btw, and Ms do make 10/11k.

They don’t start at that level.