Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 31-10-2021 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188654)
This is the problem. Audit industry in SG still stuck in the 90s thanks to the boomer partners. Yellow is very slow in adopting automation and digitalization. They only started automation and digital audit in 2020 then the partner think it is a very big thing. Audit industry is still a sweatshop and starting pay still stuck in 2000s civil service starting pay. Like that how to attract local grads?

Hmm Big4 are structured as partnerships, so the partners are basically owners of the firm and can potentially “stay in power” all the way until retirement. So the senior members would likely be much older.

Is that why you think they are “boomers”?

Unregistered 31-10-2021 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188633)
Yes. You are right. I'm from NTU and i grad with 2nd lowers. majority of my classmates who get the same grades or worst than me come here.

I failed to compete with the people in my school thats why i come audit, no other places want me.

I studied all my life the hardest I could. And end up taking 3k a month for years. hais

I have not see a First class honours in big 4 so far.

You sure you studied the hardest you could when you only got a second lower?

Then I’m sorry to say, you’re not very smart…

Unregistered 31-10-2021 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188633)
Yes. You are right. I'm from NTU and i grad with 2nd lowers. majority of my classmates who get the same grades or worst than me come here.

I failed to compete with the people in my school thats why i come audit, no other places want me.

I studied all my life the hardest I could. And end up taking 3k a month for years. hais

I have not see a First class honours in big 4 so far.

I never study hard so ended up in yellow audit. Life is hell but it is time to repent for not studying hard. I treat it like punishment for not studying hard.... something like go jail lah

Unregistered 31-10-2021 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188671)
I never study hard so ended up in yellow audit. Life is hell but it is time to repent for not studying hard. I treat it like punishment for not studying hard.... something like go jail lah

Is yellow the easiest to get in?

Unregistered 31-10-2021 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188676)
Is yellow the easiest to get in?

They have many new hires from tengku Abdul ramen uni, university of Malaya, SIM. What do you think?

Unregistered 31-10-2021 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188677)
They have many new hires from tengku Abdul ramen uni, university of Malaya, SIM. What do you think?

Then which one is harder to get in???

Unregistered 31-10-2021 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188677)

Other big 4 same issue. No?

Unregistered 31-10-2021 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188678)
Then which one is harder to get in???

SiM. They prefer to hire work permit holders from Malaysia as these wp holders will slog and tolerate nonsense just to get PR and enjoy the 1 to 3 exchange rate.

Unregistered 31-10-2021 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188671)

what did I just read

Is there anyone who think like this

Unregistered 31-10-2021 05:21 PM

already say B4 is for mediocre graduates who cannot get into banks or MAS or other grad programmes, etc.

they're still conning uni students into joining because of the supposed brand name that was built up over the decades. no reason too when there're so many other more attractive industries out there.

whether yellow blue or whatever, is all the same. essentially fungible from a quality of life and exit options POV.

if you're smart, you will clock your time there and leave for better FIs and companies. the longer you spend in B4, the worse your options become.