Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 14-10-2021 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186311)
You never heard of majors before?



Majors are subject units that you can take even if it is distinct from the basic degree. Friend thats not considered a basic course.

Unregistered 14-10-2021 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186297)
Accountancy is still the most versatile course to pursue in business school. One can apply for jobs that a general degree holder wants but the same cannot be said of the latter,

lousy mindset.. its like saying idk what I want in life so I choose the degree that is more versatile in life.. open up to more jobs in general. One cant make it big being a generalist

Unregistered 14-10-2021 05:20 PM

What do you expect from a 19 years old

Unregistered 14-10-2021 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186314)
lousy mindset.. its like saying idk what I want in life so I choose the degree that is more versatile in life.. open up to more jobs in general. One cant make it big being a generalist



There you are wrong again. Accountancy is a specialised course in business unlike business administration. As a accountant, not only are you earning a salary in your chosen path, but you can move on to a general career as you move up the ladder with a strong foundation in finance you can even use it to invest in listed companies to your advantage. Thats the beauty in reading accountancy and finance.

Unregistered 14-10-2021 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186318)
There you are wrong again. Accountancy is a specialised course in business unlike business administration. As a accountant, not only are you earning a salary in your chosen path, but you can move on to a general career as you move up the ladder with a strong foundation in finance you can even use it to invest in listed companies to your advantage. Thats the beauty in reading accountancy and finance.

What Iím saying is, get an accounting degree if you know itíll help you get a job in a certain field eg accountant. Not cause it opens to more jobs in general. Afterall you working one job at a time, what for so kiasu?

Its like ppl saying I take engineering so I can hop to finance if I want. Damn retarded..might as well get finance degree more specialized in the field. Kiasu does not apply to everythinng in life.

Unregistered 14-10-2021 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186280)
Must aim for higher pay else cannot afford to get married. Big4 career not suitable for the genZ. Not forgetting must build up cpf so that no need to work at senior age.

Lol if youíre looking for instant gratification, youíre knocking up the wrong door.

You graduate with zero experience and knowledge and you expect high starting pay?

Go banks or tech if thatís what you want.

Unregistered 14-10-2021 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186281)
I donít understand why millennials love to be exploited by boomers. Nobody will help you if you do not know how to set boundaries, say no and stand up for yourself. My former manager used to tell me that she doesnít leave office before manager and senior when she was associate. What an idiot. Oh and nobody ever regrets not doing more OT when they are dying so what is the pride of working like a dog when boomer partners purposely understaff the engagement to extract more profits

I am a millennial, albeit at the tail end and just a few years away from Gen Z bracket, and must strongly disagree with this statement. I think that no amount of pay compensates for trashy work life balance and a poor boss. On the contrary, I would rather lower pay that comes with WLB and a decent boss. Even more brownie points if you boss is also a good mentor and teaches you.

I guess i'm still at the age where i prize learning and growth over compensation.

Unregistered 14-10-2021 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186322)
I am a millennial, albeit at the tail end and just a few years away from Gen Z bracket, and must strongly disagree with this statement. I think that no amount of pay compensates for trashy work life balance and a poor boss. On the contrary, I would rather lower pay that comes with WLB and a decent boss. Even more brownie points if you boss is also a good mentor and teaches you.

I guess i'm still at the age where i prize learning and growth over compensation.

Why you bother justifying yourself to this deluded and ignorant gen z?

Unregistered 14-10-2021 06:57 PM

Why is everyone working so hard to pursue a degree and aim for jobs in bank/tech/audit/consulting where you can just skip the degree/diploma route and be an insurance agent specializing in hard-selling high premium ILPs to gullible customers and achieve MDRT yearly?

Unregistered 14-10-2021 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186323)
Why you bother justifying yourself to this deluded and ignorant gen z?

Every generation has its issues. Boomers are old and rigid, they're not as flexible and not as willing to compromise and change because they've gotten set in their ways. Gen Z on the other hand, are full of youth, ideas and energy. They may be brash at times, but what they lack is experience and wisdom which tends to lead to poor outcomes as well.

I think it is more important to see where both sides are coming from, and try to take the best from both sides. Merely saying the other side is ignorant does not help achieve anything.


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 06:55 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2