Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 29-12-2021 11:04 PM

I just feel that my partner doesnt bring in any sales. All his big clients are existing global clients. Actually not just my partner but most partners as well, they just hold and maintain the client portfolios. They dont really " BRING IN NEW MONEY OR CLIENTS"

Unregistered 29-12-2021 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 195723)
At manager level, you are doing more of sales and client relationship management than accounting.

Real accounting accounting is not found in Big4.

============
wrong, you clean up **** work that people below u did

Unregistered 29-12-2021 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 195743)
============
wrong, you clean up **** work that people below u did

Rly meh, not just give review point only ah?

Unregistered 30-12-2021 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 195735)
I just feel that my partner doesnt bring in any sales. All his big clients are existing global clients. Actually not just my partner but most partners as well, they just hold and maintain the client portfolios. They dont really " BRING IN NEW MONEY OR CLIENTS"

Hello, may I know which firm u referring to?

Unregistered 30-12-2021 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 195758)
Hello, may I know which firm u referring to?

No you may not

Unregistered 30-12-2021 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 195723)
At manager level, you are doing more of sales and client relationship management than accounting.

Real accounting accounting is not found in Big4.

The “promotion” to manager just feels weird to me. It sounds like a very drastic change in job scope, duties and responsibilities to the point it’s like changing jobs, and not what I signed up for to begin with.

I would prefer to remain a team member just doing my role and not be the leader who has additional responsibilities.

But I know this is an issue in other industries as well. When you go high up, your days are spend in board rooms and meetings and facing clients, instead of doing what you really enjoy on the ground.

Unregistered 30-12-2021 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 195776)
The “promotion” to manager just feels weird to me. It sounds like a very drastic change in job scope, duties and responsibilities to the point it’s like changing jobs, and not what I signed up for to begin with.

I would prefer to remain a team member just doing my role and not be the leader who has additional responsibilities.

But I know this is an issue in other industries as well. When you go high up, your days are spend in board rooms and meetings and facing clients, instead of doing what you really enjoy on the ground.

AM and senior level will already be abit involved in that already. Makes you wonder if your job is to audit or make clients happy

Unregistered 30-12-2021 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 195578)
What was the work culture like? :o

work, work and more work. I see other companies got tea breaks, lunch gathering, sports. We have none of those. Sometimes lunch also no time to eat, just dabao.

EY= big 4 with SME boss mentality

Unregistered 30-12-2021 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 195735)

Big4 is a mafia lah, especially audit

In Other business lines and professional services, people come to you when they have am actual problem to solve, like consultants, lawyers and agents/brokers.

In audit, clients come to you because they have no choice. Audit is an industry kept alive purely due to mandatory regulatory requirements. It is a relic of an earlier era with zero value add.

What sales development do u expect in audit? Why do u think Big4 tries so hard to cross-sell their advisory lines to clients?

Unregistered 30-12-2021 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 195700)
In big 4 can see quite a number of SMs from tunku abdul uni lol... Do you think they can make it if they go outside?

A few of my Malaysian friends make more than 10k a month outside big 4. Most of them left at M/SM lvl.