Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 30-12-2021 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 195838)
Once I hit SM level in yellow, I was being invited to dinners with my partner and partners places.

Never had a partner meal before cause I’m very junior.

But my team lead always bring us out for dinner, buys us bubble tea, and pays from his pocket without claiming. We have a very flat hierarchy.

Unregistered 30-12-2021 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 195840)
lol sure bo my friends in yellow, their lives like not so good de leh

==========

Depends on team lead /senior managers ,not firm. I always get treats

Unregistered 30-12-2021 05:35 PM

You shouldn’t attribute the generosity of your seniors and managers to the firm if they paid out of their pockets.

Unregistered 30-12-2021 06:23 PM

Thats why i said depends on team NOT FIRM

Unregistered 30-12-2021 06:49 PM

Hello may I know which big 3 uni to go if I want to go big 4?

Unregistered 30-12-2021 06:53 PM

How you know its paid out of pocket? Hello, management gives funds to SMs to use for team dinners as part of welfare. Last time had overseas trips, now funding converted for team bonding. I am not from big 4 but not yellow

Unregistered 30-12-2021 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 195835)
Yellow is not that bad. My manager ask me to ignore client emails as firm is closed till 1st Jan. No internal emails as well.

Who said that yellow no team breaks? We always go for 1-2 hr lunch breaks, drive out for lunch albeit it means staying back abit later and leaving later but we do enjoy that social interaction. Tea break - we have the vending machine , someone or the other is always collating orders for grab deliveries for snacks or bosses will treat.

We have team Christmast parties, We have birthday celebrations . Random acts of people sending food, coffee, presents to home when we are work from home.

How is that you have not experienced this in yellow

After reading pages and pages of horror yellow stories in this forum, it is concluded that either you are the one in a thousand lucky one or you are HR/partner fearing the lack of manpower...

Unregistered 30-12-2021 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 195877)
After reading pages and pages of horror yellow stories in this forum, it is concluded that either you are the one in a thousand lucky one or you are HR/partner fearing the lack of manpower...

They are indeed fearing, last time they used to call me almost everyday to accept their offer, cos not many ppl wanna accept lol, only those with no other choices

Unregistered 30-12-2021 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 195870)
How you know its paid out of pocket? Hello, management gives funds to SMs to use for team dinners as part of welfare. Last time had overseas trips, now funding converted for team bonding. I am not from big 4 but not yellow

Because my team lead is only SA1

Unregistered 30-12-2021 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 195877)

As my senior said - be the senior you wanted your senior to be. Give your juniors the experience you wish you had, and so your juniors will take after you in the future too.