Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 30-12-2021 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 195870)
How you know its paid out of pocket? Hello, management gives funds to SMs to use for team dinners as part of welfare. Last time had overseas trips, now funding converted for team bonding. I am not from big 4 but not yellow

You don’t buy your associate drinks meh?

Unregistered 30-12-2021 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 195881)
As my senior said - be the senior you wanted your senior to be. Give your juniors the experience you wish you had, and so your juniors will take after you in the future too.

Agree but only partially. We can do our small part (sending drinks to colleagues places and random surprises - cause I see my teams as friends and this is what I do for my cliques too) but the bulk of the firm culture/experience should be coming from the firm. We are also just employees.

Unregistered 30-12-2021 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 195867)
Thats why i said depends on team NOT FIRM

nope. when i was with yellow, there is no coaching culture exist. there were no real learning involved because you were there just to finish the job without understanding the basis of each task lol. based of my experience, one hand where a team was full togetherness, willing to offer a helping hand without a second. on other hand was a team of circus play, no direction no planning at all, and like to say "refer to pyp for more info".

working culture is so important and crucial as it pushes you up or breaks you down

Unregistered 30-12-2021 08:47 PM

Then what about you? Did you coach your juniors?

Unregistered 30-12-2021 08:52 PM

Not from yellow but from another big 4.

Yes we have coaching culture and it’s awesome.

Unregistered 30-12-2021 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 195881)
As my senior said - be the senior you wanted your senior to be. Give your juniors the experience you wish you had, and so your juniors will take after you in the future too.

hmm ur senior officer last time in army?
something a CO would say

Unregistered 30-12-2021 09:10 PM

Left yellow not long ago. People were generally nice, but the team size keeps shrinking evey year due to lack of manpower, and people were too busy juggling multiple engagements to have any real team bonding. Just my experience.

Unregistered 30-12-2021 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 195894)
Then what about you? Did you coach your juniors?

yes i did. i saw someone posted this "be the senior you wanted your senior to be. Give your juniors the experience you wish you had, and so your juniors will take after you in the future too." one of my lead seniors said something like this and I will always remember this quote.

just remember that those who are unwilling to help those newcomers are the ones digging their graves deeper as those newcomers might not understand the working paper anytime soon. i don't understand why some people out there don't take the time to teach/ guide and make the newcomers learn all the tasks/ working procedures correctly one step at a time?

these people are not building the next generation's foundation properly no wonder audit quality dimishes over the time as well for yellow

Unregistered 30-12-2021 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 195901)
yes i did. i saw someone posted this "be the senior you wanted your senior to be. Give your juniors the experience you wish you had, and so your juniors will take after you in the future too." one of my lead seniors said something like this and I will always remember this quote.

just remember that those who are unwilling to help those newcomers are the ones digging their graves deeper as those newcomers might not understand the working paper anytime soon. i don't understand why some people out there don't take the time to teach/ guide and make the newcomers learn all the tasks/ working procedures correctly one step at a time?

these people are not building the next generation's foundation properly no wonder audit quality dimishes over the time as well for yellow

Same goes to everywhere, I am in a new team but one of my teammate is like two faced ****. Ask few more questions not happy to answer already. When bosses around totally different. I haven’t even competed probation and already thinking of leaving. Hehe

Unregistered 30-12-2021 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 195907)
Same goes to everywhere, I am in a new team but one of my teammate is like two faced ****. Ask few more questions not happy to answer already. When bosses around totally different. I haven’t even competed probation and already thinking of leaving. Hehe

same here, some of my seniors busy sucking up to sm lorh. during lunch you could see the segregation between juniors and seniors LOL. still not toxic enough for work culture?