Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 09-12-2021 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 193071)
u must be kidding lol... who will be sour grapes over big4? dont make a fool of urself pls

err obviously you

Unregistered 09-12-2021 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192999)
First of all, this place allows unregistered people to talk cock sing song. For all you know, maybe there's just one guy talking to himself all along. If you were to make your judgment solely based on the feedback gathered in this forum then it's pretty f up isn't it.

Just take it with a pinch of salt - this place is probably made up of disgruntled employees who didn't get good ratings, didn't get promoted, got scolded by management etc (not referring to ALL posters but definitely the recent posters for sure). Laugh at their comments then move on with your life.

My 2 cents.

There are consistent bad experiences posted by Yellow employees though... especially for these few months. Why only yellow and not other firms? Are you HR defending yellow?

Unregistered 09-12-2021 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 193084)
There are consistent bad experiences posted by Yellow employees though... especially for these few months. Why only yellow and not other firms? Are you HR defending yellow?

Any reviews/ opinions about transactions/ deals advisory in any of the big 4?

Unregistered 09-12-2021 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 193071)
u must be kidding lol... who will be sour grapes over big4? dont make a fool of urself pls

no local uni grad will be sour grapes over big 4. big 4 is last resort. Big 4 is just slightly better than SMEs

I admit my uni results were not good so I had to endure a few years in Yellow. It was a painful experience. but what to do? never study hard so suffer in big 4 lor. Full of idiotic colleagues and managers who only know how to work and suck up to bosses and there is no such thing as fun or relaxation with colleagues

Those work permit holders from tongkat ali universities are dying to get into Big 4 to enjoy 1:3 exchange rate

Unregistered 09-12-2021 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 193087)
no local uni grad will be sour grapes over big 4. big 4 is last resort. Big 4 is just slightly better than SMEs

I admit my uni results were not good so I had to endure a few years in Yellow. It was a painful experience. but what to do? never study hard so suffer in big 4 lor. Full of idiotic colleagues and managers who only know how to work and suck up to bosses and there is no such thing as fun or relaxation with colleagues

Those work permit holders from tongkat ali universities are dying to get into Big 4 to enjoy 1:3 exchange rate

Pathetic LOSER spotted. HAHAHA

Unregistered 09-12-2021 08:28 PM

Quote:

Could it be the reason you “suffer” is due to your accounting foundation? I did well in school and breeze through the years while some of my peers had difficulty understanding what they are doing and had to OT a lot to either redo their work or clear their review points. I always had very minimum review points since I believe in doing it once and doing it right.

Unregistered 09-12-2021 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 193095)
Could it be the reason you “suffer” is due to your accounting foundation? I did well in school and breeze through the years while some of my peers had difficulty understanding what they are doing and had to OT a lot to either redo their work or clear their review points. I always had very minimum review points since I believe in doing it once and doing it right.

Weak foundation is definitely more stressful. Runs the risk of poor rating. If suaysiao, cannot consult the seniors and need to rely on helpful batchmates.

But I won't call my life a breeze even though I also don't have review points and even correct my managers. Regardless of speed and quality, both end work at same time.

Unregistered 09-12-2021 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 193086)
Any reviews/ opinions about transactions/ deals advisory in any of the big 4?

FDD = Glorified audit work but better than audit. Big 4 are major players in this area.
Valuation = Niche, have own projects but also support other divisions. Good place to build modelling skills.
M&A/CF = MM IB, smaller deals as compared to IB. Advise both sell side/buy side transactions.
Restructuring = Combination of strategy, operations and legal work. Do both IB and consulting in this part of the world.
M&A operations/OTS/TSE/Integration and separation = Post merger ops. Need good pmo and problem solving skills. Some get to interesting CDD/ODD as well.

It is also not a place for strawberries and xenophobic losers. If you can't even get above average ratings in audit, please don't apply for transfer.

Unregistered 09-12-2021 09:04 PM

Quote:

Poor grades and lousy work performance. Life must be tough.

Unregistered 09-12-2021 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 193098)
Poor grades and lousy work performance. Life must be tough.

i have pass degree and failed 1 module but yellow still hired me. I OT everyday even though i don't understand what i am doing. My managers are also clueless as well