Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 09-12-2021 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192985)
Full of sexist and xenophobic comments.

No wonder you guys ended up in big 4 audit.

Agree. Bunch of people just came here and di siao siao. This forum itself is also a catalyst because it does not require any form of registration.

To those who wants to smear nonsense and act ai-zai, take note that police can still track you if you say offensive materials or untruths. You think no one can catch you? Wait for POFMA and maybe you will lim kopi at cantonment ok.

Unregistered 09-12-2021 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192997)
Seems like EY is worst out of all b4? But nice office and reputable client

Don't know about other big 4 but EY expects seniors to handle more than one engagement simultaneously. One MNC engagement already need to OT like siao how to handle another? Assistants also need to solo some engagements or be acting seniors as too many seniors have resigned already. Management is still clueless why so many seniors resigned

Unregistered 09-12-2021 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192983)
Well deserved

Ntu grads who go mid tier is really damn sad leh. Starting salary less than 3k, frequent OT, 2 year bond. Meanwhile, civil servants everyday shake leg, go home at 5pm, starting salary 3.6k, 3 months bonus,AWS Go bedok reservoir better than go mid tier

Unregistered 09-12-2021 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192881)
It is embedded in the contract, so its legally-binding

It is embedded in the contract, but sounds like it is a clause with no legal standing? Don't think modern slavery is actually allowed. It is not like they sponsor you an university scholarship or what not right.

Unregistered 09-12-2021 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192958)
You ownself kumgong don't know how to set boundaries end up kena arrow day and night. I always set boundaries one and nobody disturb me. Rating same as the rest who OT during weekends. Never kena blacklisted or anything. Never received any complaints but praise from managers lol. I know how to play the system

Receiving praise from managers? Lol. So you are just a low level minion.The workload will just keep increasing as you progress and with the turnover, it is impossible you can clear the deadlines without OT. This is big 4, not civil service.

Don’t understand what you meant by set boundaries when we go by workload. Unless you say you can set boundaries by refusing new workloads and still get praises? Yeah i believe, childish strawberry.

Unregistered 09-12-2021 10:06 AM

I am not from mid tier, and have graduated from Blue. But below are some links if there are any mid tier buddies following this thread.

The 2 year bond (without any incentive in exchange) is unlikely to have legal standing.

s://blog.moneysmart.sg/career/3-ministry-of-manpower-laws-to-know/

s://singaporelegaladvice.com/law-articles/pay-liquidated-damages-terminate-contract/

s://legalsmart.com.sg/employment-bonds/

Unregistered 09-12-2021 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 193012)
Receiving praise from managers? Lol. So you are just a low level minion.The workload will just keep increasing as you progress and with the turnover, it is impossible you can clear the deadlines without OT. This is big 4, not civil service.

Don’t understand what you meant by set boundaries when we go by workload. Unless you say you can set boundaries by refusing new workloads and still get praises? Yeah i believe, childish strawberry.

You can continue sucking up to your partners and be a big 4 wage slave. There are many ways to play the system lah. Deadlines for non listed companies are all arbitrary and can be postponed so can OTOT. Of course cannot slack for all engagements lah. Must put in 100% for those engagements with nice managers and get good reviews. Those engagements with lousy managers just heck care

Unregistered 09-12-2021 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 193006)
It is embedded in the contract, but sounds like it is a clause with no legal standing? Don't think modern slavery is actually allowed. It is not like they sponsor you an university scholarship or what not right.

someone paid attention during biz law

Unregistered 09-12-2021 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192949)
Because the client can reply them in the early morning when they started work while your colleagues are asleep. Not like they wrote that you need to reply immediately.

Same for your leave/weekends. If it is really urgent, they will call you instead and there is no way you can siam.

You sounds immature. Good luck to you.

i dont think setting boundaries are immature. and if people want to siam, they will siam, i know managers who carry two phones and just leave one in the office.

what's an example of very urgent? from the get go you already know all significant risks of the engagement and the FS timeline, what's going to suddenly popup thats "urgent"? sounds like the outcome of poor planning

Unregistered 09-12-2021 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192979)
Just to let you know, I am achieved 2x MDRT in 2020 and 2019 which is largely attributed to my client services and ability to deliver more than what client expects from me. The reason why I am here is to help poor overworked auditors to sort out their investment portfolio (iirc auditors cant invest in shares on certain companies that they audit, which is why I am here to offer my investment linked products to avoid such situations from happening as well as to achieve astronomical returns) and health insurance coverage (auditors are poor overworked souls where I am very concerned about their health in future). I am here to offer an advice as a financial consultant, not to sell. Please get your facts right

Well i guess you must be the kind that got scammed by your best friend aka insurance agent in the past, which explains why you are so salty and looking down on qualified CHFc Financial Consultants like us :)

ok. i guess you say means i must believe. your reply shows great character also btw!

my best friend aka insurance agent told me to buy $100 worth of ADA and BTC back in 2017. Never tried to sell me ILP (or to anyone in fact). made MDRT and COT ( i didn't even know until those thank you letters came in), never once told me what qualifications he has.

once again if you never read clearly or you only like to select parts of my statement to address, i never look down on certifications, just people who use it as a measure of qualification/expertise.

keep making assumptions, if theres anything i've learnt so far you are great at it. also everyone here is looking at the way you respond, good luck achieving whatever you are trying to achieve cause at this point i'm no longer certain.