Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 22-01-2022 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 198789)
Not auditor but reading all these stories...man...Speechless sia.

Teams meeting at 1am, wayang until 2am, all for $3k starting pay? Fraction of what other industries are paying. Jin sad man. Ur industry is like some horror show.

Heng I didn't put accounting as my first choice when selecting uni course, otherwise wouldve likely been suckered into Big 4. Xie tian xie di!!!!!!

wayang at home already good liao cause you can just pretend to be online. some people have to OT mon-fri at the office until 2am. i heard of horror stories where some teams go home at 4am then 10am go back office. The A1 and A2 earning 3k must be damn sian

Don't ask me how they exercise professional skepticism when they have 3 hours of sleep

Unregistered 22-01-2022 04:26 AM

People in big 4 like to talk abt promotion blah blah
Please lah u promote 1 year 1 time Other people promote 1 time 3 year shake leg still got higher pay

Nowadays seniors and juniors same number as managers stuck in big 4 don’t know where to go, you think promotion to M then zao to industry is guaranteed?

Think again lor

So many big 4 auditors trying to jump out each year industry where got so many positions for u to ask x2 pay one

For advisory and consulting arms no comment

Unregistered 22-01-2022 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 198812)
Please lah u promote 1 year 1 time Other people promote 1 time 3 year shake leg still got higher pay

Nowadays seniors and juniors same number as managers stuck in big 4 don’t know where to go, you think promotion to M then zao to industry is guaranteed?

Think again lor

So many big 4 auditors trying to jump out each year industry where got so many positions for u to ask x2 pay one

promote 1 year 1 time but work like dog got what use? worse is A1 to S2 salary is pathetic for the amount of workload and the pathetic salary is unable to buy back your time and youth. Why waste your life working 18 hours everyday?

Nowadays even SM and M also quitting big 4 like seniors and associates. The Great Resignation is real.

People are just sick of this meaningless industry.

Unregistered 22-01-2022 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 198823)
promote 1 year 1 time but work like dog got what use? worse is A1 to S2 salary is pathetic for the amount of workload and the pathetic salary is unable to buy back your time and youth. Why waste your life working 18 hours everyday?

Nowadays even SM and M also quitting big 4 like seniors and associates. The Great Resignation is real.

People are just sick of this meaningless industry.

times have indeed change and this industry can longer meet the ideals of the people joining the workforce

Unregistered 22-01-2022 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 198827)
times have indeed change and this industry can longer meet the ideals of the people joining the workforce

I fully agree that the structure of the industry is not appealing to young graduates.

And it’s not that we are strawberry either, it’s that I hardly think 2am is an appealing job description even if it’s for a limited period.

Unregistered 22-01-2022 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 198831)
I fully agree that the structure of the industry is not appealing to young graduates.

And it’s not that we are strawberry either, it’s that I hardly think 2am is an appealing job description even if it’s for a limited period.

Really kanna pawn gao gao to work till 2am. Can complain to MOM or not? Inhumane lor no wonder birth rate so low in SG lah..

Unregistered 22-01-2022 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 198812)

Think again lor

Hahha the "steady promotion" and "steady pay increase" fallacy. This has been brought up multiple times in this thread. Probably B4 auditors trying to comfort themselves.

As though other industries don't promote and don't get pay increases. I don't think the B4 pay increase trajectory is particularly spectacular in the private sector.

Joining B4 means you're starting from a very low base while average people in other commercial sectors are out earning you by a large amount. That means they're already collecting this larger amount beforehand which can be utilized for investments, etc. Principle of present value of money.

The promise of SM and thereafter partnership is the pot of gold that's employed to trick people into shortchanging their youth for a meaningless industry. If it was so compelling, why do so little people make it? The sector relies on attrition model to work, and statistically, you're not going to be one of the people remaining at the end.

Even then, I question whether attaining partnership is worth it - if you have what it takes to be one, you are likely to be able to do much better outside.

Unregistered 22-01-2022 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 198835)
Really kanna pawn gao gao to work till 2am. Can complain to MOM or not? Inhumane lor no wonder birth rate so low in SG lah..

work monday to sunday also have. SM ask whole team to come back to office during weekends and SM will be present at the office to micromanage.

Partners love this kind of SM so these toxic SMs will usually become partners. These toxic SMs are usually single females, dinobu or bbfa

Unregistered 22-01-2022 12:07 PM

Steady promotion and bonus is not real

See covid, when hit all cut and freeze

After 1yr 2yr not sure if everyone restored to how they will be like without cuts

Plus no back pay or increment (correct me if I wrong, increment here refers to better off compared to this so called steady path)

Unregistered 22-01-2022 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 198848)
work monday to sunday also have. SM ask whole team to come back to office during weekends and SM will be present at the office to micromanage.

Partners love this kind of SM so these toxic SMs will usually become partners. These toxic SMs are usually single females, dinobu or bbfa

If I were you I would go pump those single female SMs raw in the handicapped toilet