Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 19-02-2024 03:21 PM

I am ACCA member.

Even if I become FCCA and jump to ICAEW, ISCA will not accept ICAEW via this route to become CA.

Unregistered 19-02-2024 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 268823)
Think some hr and partners kena scam by jhk. Some of them from the offshore team AC KL, but come here earn 3.5x. Kena ripped off

there's offshore team in KL? i've only heard of ones from LCOL cities like Malacca etc where the english and IQ is a special level of no thank you. the regular ones from KL we deal with during group audits are 50/50, there's some genuinely good ones who'd probably be poached by their top mncs for wlb jobs and some are the kind who come to SG to continue doing audit.

that said, i dont know why we aren't even hiring seniors and managers from SG mid tier, it's not like there'd be any visa difficulties since they're locals/PR and already familiar with SG and english.

Unregistered 19-02-2024 05:00 PM

How is everyone's job search coming along? Got an offer but I'm conflicted whether I should take it or not because it's the same pay as what I'd get after progression... Is the job market that bad for auditors?

Unregistered 19-02-2024 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 268831)
there's offshore team in KL? i've only heard of ones from LCOL cities like Malacca etc where the english and IQ is a special level of no thank you. the regular ones from KL we deal with during group audits are 50/50, there's some genuinely good ones who'd probably be poached by their top mncs for wlb jobs and some are the kind who come to SG to continue doing audit.

that said, i dont know why we aren't even hiring seniors and managers from SG mid tier, it's not like there'd be any visa difficulties since they're locals/PR and already familiar with SG and english.

Yes theres one in KL orange, just search it up. I suspect most of jhk nowadays come from AC KL

Unregistered 19-02-2024 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 268832)
How is everyone's job search coming along? Got an offer but I'm conflicted whether I should take it or not because it's the same pay as what I'd get after progression... Is the job market that bad for auditors?

The only ones I know who left with a job this round got them because:
1. they went into internal audit aka nobody wanna do because it's audit again
2. went into GL accounting or conso
3. they joined their client or client's direct competitors so they managed to get nicer jobs

It's this bad because the usual pipeline of people exiting to consulting/advisory/tech from 2 years ago is no more (you know what's going on in consulting and tech right?), and lots of FP&A/BA teams got laid off so you're competing against them.

Unregistered 19-02-2024 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 268831)

Midtiers pay are comparable to big4. Why make the move?

The SMs/Ms in midtier rather chiong at their current firm for higher rank for or better wlb in midtier due to familiarity with audit methodology and also , they as as old timers have the says/can provide inputs for staffings ,job etc)

They are more willing to stay put and work with the connection/networks that they had build over the past years rather aim for big4 branding

Unregistered 19-02-2024 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 268832)

I take the paycut to jump out.

The choice is yours to be made

Unregistered 19-02-2024 08:17 PM

I really feel like any chapalang job is better than audit lo….especially for this peak. My current job is really out to destroy ppl one. Cut hours, cut manpower but increase scope. Mgr and partner giving review points like nobody business. Everyday ot until 3am, and by everyday I mean including weekends.

Unregistered 19-02-2024 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 268851)
I really feel like any chapalang job is better than audit lo….especially for this peak. My current job is really out to destroy ppl one. Cut hours, cut manpower but increase scope. Mgr and partner giving review points like nobody business. Everyday ot until 3am, and by everyday I mean including weekends.

Are you from yellow :)

Unregistered 19-02-2024 11:12 PM

Hi all i hope u all feel motivated after cny. The peak is on going. Let me have the file to review by this week.

While i stop work at 6, wfh. Lol poor auditors.