Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 04-04-2024 07:19 PM

I think in Big4 cannot be humble lah

Must be proud person

E.g. my senior ask me to do the list of checklist, I say can....wait for limpeh drink finish my coffee first. You want it be done. Wait lah.

Unregistered 04-04-2024 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 273831)
Some ppl can never understand quality > quantity, but luckily my big job engagement sm understands this concept very well. My team mates all always like to ot until 3am and give me those judgmental stares when I stood up from my desk and left at 11pm. Ended up, the most shocking news to them when it comes to appraisal was I was rated above average while the 3am peeps were rated average. One of them even kena PIP.

Thankfully my sm is a result oriented person and dgaf about the process. Those 3am peeps ot until so late but their wp are full of nonsense, only know how to follow last year test and test dk what rubbish.

Will never forget how pissed off they were when we all received our appraisals hahahah.

This is true, too many ppl dunno wad they doing and waste time do meaningless stuff.

Unregistered 04-04-2024 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 273831)
Some ppl can never understand quality > quantity, but luckily my big job engagement sm understands this concept very well. My team mates all always like to ot until 3am and give me those judgmental stares when I stood up from my desk and left at 11pm. Ended up, the most shocking news to them when it comes to appraisal was I was rated above average while the 3am peeps were rated average. One of them even kena PIP.

Thankfully my sm is a result oriented person and dgaf about the process. Those 3am peeps ot until so late but their wp are full of nonsense, only know how to follow last year test and test dk what rubbish.

Will never forget how pissed off they were when we all received our appraisals hahahah.

Yes, which is more reason why we shouldn’t also take on more workload and just focus on what we currently have.

Input doesn’t necessarily translate to output. It’s dumb to work until 3-5 am but receive the same bonus as someone who doesn’t have to do as much OT. The exception to this is if you are learning something new. If you are not acquiring new skills and you’re just performing repetitive tasks, then don’t bother.

Quality is subjective. Sometimes, you write lots of BS stories and perform a lot of work on the AWP, but how much of these are seen by the higher ups? What really matters is the audited report. Just focus on completing the tasks.

Unregistered 04-04-2024 07:39 PM

There are just too many CB dog around

That's why 00s all left

Unregistered 04-04-2024 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 273830)
Seriously?

I guess it’s such a toxic culture that I work until 10pm but considered free rider because the rest of the team working until 3am.

It doesn’t bother me - my conscious is clear.

Finish your work can already. Those people we are complaining about are those who don't finish their work during working hours but also don't want to OT a single hour to complete it. If you push then they give you rubbish that anyone who reads it would want to cry.

I've been an associate before too, of course I chao keng before but not until doing nothing from 9 to 6. Have you seen how bad the attitude of the new batch is? It's nothing like the laziest bum from earlier batches, they just literally outright don't do work.

Unregistered 04-04-2024 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 273846)
Finish your work can already. Those people we are complaining about are those who don't finish their work during working hours but also don't want to OT a single hour to complete it. If you push then they give you rubbish that anyone who reads it would want to cry.

I've been an associate before too, of course I chao keng before but not until doing nothing from 9 to 6. Have you seen how bad the attitude of the new batch is? It's nothing like the laziest bum from earlier batches, they just literally outright don't do work.

How you know we never do our work after we reach home? Don't assume.

Unregistered 04-04-2024 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 273847)

Not Op but but I assume you do. The timeline is designed for staff to OT throughout the entire year.

Unregistered 04-04-2024 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 273847)

I dont think OP is talking about you...

Unregistered 04-04-2024 09:32 PM

You cannot get back the lost years

I swear it’s scary. One moment you’re 25, next moment you’re 30…

Unregistered 04-04-2024 09:50 PM

i need some advices. left b4 as s1 and currently have one offer to join smp as audit senior.
taking a pay cut of about 7.2% and after probation will be almost same as current s1 pay

I am 2+ years into audit. My long term goal is to get out of audit and join an accounting team in industry. Am I stupid in thinking of taking a paycut to join as an audit senior again?

I feel underqualified at the same time as I have no hands on experience with accountant responsibilities. I have audit experience only.

Any other suggestions/bashing welcome!