Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 08-04-2024 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 274245)
s://.accaglobal.com/sg/en/student/support-for-students-and-affiliates-in-singapore/ca-singapore-support.html

What’s the impact of this? Lower barrier of entry to CA SG?
More CA SG holders? More global recognition?

Unregistered 08-04-2024 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 274071)
I'm an audit senior and currently an auditor-in-charge

I feel the associates that were assigned to me sabo me and affect my career progression.

Dont blame others when you are useless yourself. Work deliverables are only a small portion of your career progression. Networking, making your boss likes you and your staff working hard for you are more important attributes. There are even people who tendered in december right before peak and joined back in May just in time for promotion cycle and skipped the whole peak. Thats how the system can work in your favour if you know how to play the game.

Unregistered 08-04-2024 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 274267)
Dont blame others when you are useless yourself. Work deliverables are only a small portion of your career progression. Networking, making your boss likes you and your staff working hard for you are more important attributes. There are even people who tendered in december right before peak and joined back in May just in time for promotion cycle and skipped the whole peak. Thats how the system can work in your favour if you know how to play the game.

Appraisal in aug how joining in may help. Lol

Unregistered 08-04-2024 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 274273)
Appraisal in aug how joining in may help. Lol

You can bypass all these appraisals if you know how to play the game.

Unregistered 08-04-2024 10:21 AM

I'm an audit senior with ACCA. I feel the associate assigned to me care more about her SCAQ exam than the list of sections assigned to her. A lot of things not done, end up I have to help her to clear. She say cannot OT and need to go home revise for SCAQ exam.

What u guys think? ACCA guy helping associates to achieve their SCAQ by doing their work for them?

Unregistered 08-04-2024 11:33 AM

I purpose keep a few indians in my department to follow up with stakeholders who are rude to my guys even when I put chinese people as client facing to them.

Unregistered 08-04-2024 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 274275)
I'm an audit senior with ACCA. I feel the associate assigned to me care more about her SCAQ exam than the list of sections assigned to her. A lot of things not done, end up I have to help her to clear. She say cannot OT and need to go home revise for SCAQ exam.

What u guys think? ACCA guy helping associates to achieve their SCAQ by doing their work for them?

which big 4. If kpmg, there’s 10 days of study leave.
All of us have peak all the way to exam. What makes her so special lol

Unregistered 08-04-2024 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 274274)
You can bypass all these appraisals if you know how to play the game.

For example? Otherwise I can also say you can get 24 months bonus as an audit senior if you know how to play the game and refuse to elaborate.

Unregistered 08-04-2024 12:16 PM

Anyone can share if getting a CA is really that important? A1 in orange firm now. I don't intend to stay until manager so don't really see the point in getting CA but the firm keeps pushing for us to pursue it. Is it really worth the effort?

Unregistered 08-04-2024 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 274290)
Anyone can share if getting a CA is really that important? A1 in orange firm now. I don't intend to stay until manager so don't really see the point in getting CA but the firm keeps pushing for us to pursue it. Is it really worth the effort?

Erm the whole point of joining a B4 in the first place is for CA.

If it worth taking a degree if you go to Uni?