Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 04-01-2022 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 196273)
then u should be looking at exit opps. pwc deal advisory can exit to ib. pwc audit can exit to what? internal audit? accounting?

pwc audit can exit to BOD and head of audit committee. Not just for one co, but many.

Not everyone wants to work like a dog in IB. Some prefer to shake leg and draw director fees.

Unregistered 04-01-2022 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 196279)
pwc audit can exit to BOD and head of audit committee. Not just for one co, but many.

Not everyone wants to work like a dog in IB. Some prefer to shake leg and draw director fees.

I think this is quite true. Regret doing Investment Banking when I could've gone the audit route

Unregistered 04-01-2022 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 196278)
Very very few manage to move from deal advisory to BB IB. Most end up in FP&A/boutique IB. It is easier to make partner in audit as compared to M&A due to recurring audit revenue.

Well said.

Unregistered 04-01-2022 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 196278)
Very very few manage to move from deal advisory to BB IB. Most end up in FP&A/boutique IB. It is easier to make partner in audit as compared to M&A due to recurring audit revenue.

Why bother with partnership probability.

For SG context, I don't think people go to deal advisory or advisory in general with the idea of making partner. It is about doing something that may offer exit ops to consulting, in house corp strategy and others.

For audit, I personally dunno anyone who went in with the idea of making partners. In fact, I don't know anyone who went in aiming to stay at least until SM. It is more of natural progression if they stay until SM

Unregistered 04-01-2022 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 196279)

this one is if u survive for many many many years in audit right?

Unregistered 04-01-2022 12:15 AM

What’s the salary for a big 4 manager in deals advisory (m&a)?

Is it very different from audit?

Unregistered 04-01-2022 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 196283)
Why bother with partnership probability.

For SG context, I don't think people go to deal advisory or advisory in general with the idea of making partner. It is about doing something that may offer exit ops to consulting, in house corp strategy and others.

For audit, I personally dunno anyone who went in with the idea of making partners. In fact, I don't know anyone who went in aiming to stay at least until SM. It is more of natural progression if they stay until SM

yeah same... all wanna work 3 years until senior and zhao.. if 3 years and zhao then the exit opps also not that good ma right? usually do accounting/ IA / fp&a. if go fp&a still nid downgrade rank somemore

Unregistered 04-01-2022 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 196285)
What’s the salary for a big 4 manager in deals advisory (m&a)?

Is it very different from audit?

12k+ excluding bonus

Unregistered 04-01-2022 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 196288)
12k+ excluding bonus

LOL 12k my ass. It's around 8k, close to KPMG audit manager after the 20% increment. Don't believe check mcf

Unregistered 04-01-2022 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 196286)
yeah same... all wanna work 3 years until senior and zhao.. if 3 years and zhao then the exit opps also not that good ma right? usually do accounting/ IA / fp&a. if go fp&a still nid downgrade rank somemore

Why need to downgrade to go fp&a?