Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 29-12-2021 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 195648)
Blue is the only one with extra 20% for CA

already next level

Fun fact: many still left even before the 20% pay raise. why did they give up the 20%? For you to find out.

Unregistered 29-12-2021 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 195652)
Fun fact: many still left even before the 20% pay raise. why did they give up the 20%? For you to find out.

When they jump to commercial they can get about 20% increment with more worklife balance, so why not?

Unregistered 29-12-2021 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 195653)
When they jump to commercial they can get about 20% increment with more worklife balance, so why not?

But once you jump to commercial there is no guranteed yearly promotion anymore. You will need to factor this for the long term.

Need to see if you have interest in audit though...

If you stay in big 4 you have guaranteed promotion till SM, on top of that, there is 20% increment if you are in blue.

Unregistered 29-12-2021 07:41 PM

I suspect some people only have interest in making money instead of a specific field lol.

My story is because I failed maths in secondary school, not eligible for additional mathematics and hence took POA instead.

But I turned out surprisingly good at the subject so my teacher encourage me to join accounting.

Other than people like me, I’m not sure how other people gain a genuine interest in accounting and audit lol.

Unregistered 29-12-2021 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 195675)
I suspect some people only have interest in making money instead of a specific field lol.

My story is because I failed maths in secondary school, not eligible for additional mathematics and hence took POA instead.

But I turned out surprisingly good at the subject so my teacher encourage me to join accounting.

Other than people like me, I’m not sure how other people gain a genuine interest in accounting and audit lol.

Same bruh, maths sucks but aced POA. I ended in IT though haha!

Unregistered 29-12-2021 07:49 PM

Quote:

i was good in math and poa so i joined big 4 audit and it was one of the biggest regret in my life. The work environment sucks, pay sucks, colleagues & superiors are workaholics with no hobbies or interests.Partners are greedy who only care about cutting your pay and benefits. Now i have a poor impression of accounting profession

Unregistered 29-12-2021 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 195681)
i was good in math and poa so i joined big 4 audit and it was one of the biggest regret in my life. The work environment sucks, pay sucks, colleagues & superiors are workaholics with no hobbies or interests.Partners are greedy who only care about cutting your pay and benefits. Now i have a poor impression of accounting profession

Talk so much never mention which colour...

So what colour is it?

Unregistered 29-12-2021 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 195681)

How many years? Time to look for jobs, or a switch in big4. Last time I thought of joining the technical knowledge team, since I actually like accounting but just not how engagements are carried out or staffed.

Unregistered 29-12-2021 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 195689)
How many years? Time to look for jobs, or a switch in big4. Last time I thought of joining the technical knowledge team, since I actually like accounting but just not how engagements are carried out or staffed.

Where did you progress to? Still in b4?

Unregistered 29-12-2021 08:18 PM

Quote:

Hahaha why do people think accounting need to be good at maths

When in the first place, POA is the less preferred alternative to amaths