Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 01-06-2021 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 171862)
Don’t get mad. Aint my fault that you’re in Big 4.

Next time just make sure you’re prepared before you pretend to be in FO. It’s really embarrassing.

I see your english has improved dramatically. But you need to come up with more adjectives other than "embarrassing".

Oh before I forget, remember to cancel your free trial for WSO/WSP/CFI - but kudos to you, seriously quite impressed with how quickly you managed to download all the above info from the quick IB guide from WSO/WSP/CFI.

Unregistered 01-06-2021 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 171869)
I see your english has improved dramatically. But you need to come up with more adjectives other than "embarrassing".

Oh before I forget, remember to cancel your free trial for WSO/WSP/CFI - but kudos to you, seriously quite impressed with how quickly you managed to download all the above info from the quick IB guide from WSO/WSP/CFI.

Just stop. You’re honestly making this worse for yourself. Don’t dream too much about roles in BB and start working your way up in Big 4.

Unregistered 01-06-2021 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 171867)
Not sure why this thread became bashing big 4 thread. Did the poster get rejected by some girls in big 4 or what. If not, it must be some ex-big4 guys that had a really unpleasant stay there. I cant believe someone from big consulting firms or banks with no experience in big 4 would spend so much time bashing them here.

I am an ex-big 4 here. Its definitely a decent platform for you to grow your career. Lets be professional here. You can be a high flyer and earning big money but i really dont see why we should put down others on their career choices.

Finally someone that makes sense. I leave the sour grape poster who kept bashing Big 4 people in your good hands.

Unregistered 01-06-2021 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 171871)
Finally someone that makes sense. I leave the sour grape poster who kept bashing Big 4 people in your good hands.

Yes, leave and save some face please.

🤷 Aint the one who posted twice/thrice today mentioning MO/BO in a big 4 thread lol. Seems like you’re the one who’s sour mate.

Unregistered 01-06-2021 07:00 PM

This is some funny **** HAHA

Guy literally came in trying to defend b4 but got rekt so hard and so fast. Big 4 rly produce one of a kind leh legit.

Unregistered 01-06-2021 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 171857)
Here goes. Take notes alright, wannabe IBD.

The M&A division typically focuses on cash/stock-based acquisitions. LBO models are primarily (and almost exclusively) referring to PE transactions as it typically involves a huge amount of leverage (this is covered by the Sponsors/LevFin groups depending on the type of transaction).

Pro-forma essentially means an estimate of how the end-product (either a merger or an acquisition) would look like on paper. Pro-forma BS is definitely needed for M&A modelling, but clients sometimes wish to see the combined forecasted IS and CFS as well. Thus, when you went from a S&T banker to an M&A Banker, it’s extremely funny for you to think that LBO modelling is your core deliverable and only LBOs require pro-forma modelling rofl

Have fun in Big 4 alright, & stop acting like you’re in BB FO. It’s really, really embarrassing.

Well, the dude is not entirely wrong. For e.g. Deutsche Bank has a general pool of bankers who do levfin/ M&A transactions. Nobody calls it pro forma modelling btw - it's typically called merger or M&A models. And in M&A, as an analyst, you're mainly churning pitchbooks, buyer lists, comps, financial models. But hey, all that for 10-12k? Sure.

Unregistered 01-06-2021 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 171808)
LOL, market open? MDW pls. I have no beef with Big 4 people, yea pay is **** but at least they make an honest living. What I can't put up with is you MO/BO shitting on others whom you feel are below you (not necessarily) and flaunt your 8-9k base as if you are gold standard. You won't even have a job or bonus or promotion if the FO guys don't bust their ass to support your cost centre. The truth hurts man.

Who says FO has to be S&T? I'm in M&A. Ever heard of DCF, comps, merger model? hahaha

Yes, markets were opened. And yes, it is pretty obvious that BBs in Singapore cover Asia, not the US market. And again yes, the US market is actually open today, so take your ‘MDW’ and shove it up your WSO lurker ass. Pathetic srsly.

In your own words, ‘the truth hurts man’.

Unregistered 01-06-2021 07:10 PM

How come most threads here always involve bashing / ridiculing ?

A platform to see/ask/share information always get hijacked by these kind of negative people.

Unregistered 01-06-2021 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 171882)
Well, the dude is not entirely wrong. For e.g. Deutsche Bank has a general pool of bankers who do levfin/ M&A transactions. Nobody calls it pro forma modelling btw - it's typically called merger or M&A models. And in M&A, as an analyst, you're mainly churning pitchbooks, buyer lists, comps, financial models. But hey, all that for 10-12k? Sure.

Are you the dude? LOL

Unregistered 01-06-2021 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 171880)
This is some funny **** HAHA

Guy literally came in trying to defend b4 but got rekt so hard and so fast. Big 4 rly produce one of a kind leh legit.

step one bulge bracket m&a also, hilarious lol