Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 22-09-2021 10:34 PM

Still got ppl stay? So many ppl left liao

Unregistered 22-09-2021 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 183887)

Me lor. I love to build a better working world HAHAHAHAHA

Unregistered 22-09-2021 10:44 PM

I heard that most of the ex-big 4 auditors more to SEA to work as FP&A analyst. Care to share about the pay, culture, long-term career progression, increment in SEA for anyone who is inside?

Unregistered 22-09-2021 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 183885)
If partners can earn such big bucks shouldnt everyone gun for that role and grind their teeth and work hard and just “ tolerate “ to make it

Bear in mind that not everyone makes partner. Usually the odds is only about 2 out of every 100 fresh hire makes partner, and typically there will be ~20 to 30+ SMs fighting for these few partner slots. Also, not everyone is a "sales-person" to become a partner.

Unregistered 23-09-2021 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 183887)

Nasty ones and those who have no life outside work will stay. That is why the work culture is so toxic.

Unregistered 23-09-2021 07:19 AM

How does SM have a clients portfolio when actually its all under the partners client list

Unregistered 23-09-2021 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 183885)
If partners can earn such big bucks shouldnt everyone gun for that role and grind their teeth and work hard and just “ tolerate “ to make it

1. The chances of making Partner are extremely low. You should know your own abilities best.

2. Not everyone is so career driven and ambitious to reach the top. Some are contented with a simple life. Even making 6k salary is well above the median income in Singapore.

3. The idea of “tolerate” and “grind their teeth and work hard” for a low chance to make Partner is not well-received by Generation Z.

Unregistered 23-09-2021 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 183915)
How does SM have a clients portfolio when actually its all under the partners client list

It’s under both. There is an audit partner and an audit manager for each client assignment.

Unregistered 23-09-2021 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 183890)
Bear in mind that not everyone makes partner. Usually the odds is only about 2 out of every 100 fresh hire makes partner, and typically there will be ~20 to 30+ SMs fighting for these few partner slots. Also, not everyone is a "sales-person" to become a partner.

It’s not something I can readily quantify but it’s definitely way lesser than “2 in 100.”

Unregistered 23-09-2021 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 183888)
Me lor. I love to build a better working world HAHAHAHAHA

We need more people like you.

It’s a self sustaining cycle.

The people who can endure the harsh working environment, challenging and demanding pace, long hours and high stress tends to be the ones that stay behind.

And these people get promoted to managers who then expect the same from their associates.