Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 01-06-2021 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 171849)
So are you changing your vocation again? From BB S&T to M&A to LevFin/Sponsors doing primarily LBOs?

Just answer the question lol

Nobody said S&T or Levfin - I said M&A. Scroll up and read carefully, it will slowly come to you. And yes, we in M&A do merger model to see if the acquisition is accretive or dilutive. I brought up LBO as an example to let you know that you have to create pro forma statements in LBO. There's a key difference between saying the former and actually doing it - maybe your small back office brain can't process it.

Unregistered 01-06-2021 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 171852)
Just from this post alone I can tell that you know nothing about M&A. Ok ok you win. From BB S&T to M&A to LevFin/Sponsors.

Big 4 monkey rofl

and you know all about it? Please educate the rest of us then since we clearly are missing something. Mr Know-BO-MO-M&A-LevFin-Fin Sponsors

Unregistered 01-06-2021 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 171851)
What you just described is literally called modelling.

You’re honestly embarrassing, what a waste of my time.

Exactly - it's called financial modelling. NOT pro forma modelling you imbecile.

Unregistered 01-06-2021 06:09 PM

Here goes. Take notes alright, wannabe IBD.

The M&A division typically focuses on cash/stock-based acquisitions. LBO models are primarily (and almost exclusively) referring to PE transactions as it typically involves a huge amount of leverage (this is covered by the Sponsors/LevFin groups depending on the type of transaction).

Pro-forma essentially means an estimate of how the end-product (either a merger or an acquisition) would look like on paper. Pro-forma BS is definitely needed for M&A modelling, but clients sometimes wish to see the combined forecasted IS and CFS as well. Thus, when you went from a S&T banker to an M&A Banker, it’s extremely funny for you to think that LBO modelling is your core deliverable and only LBOs require pro-forma modelling rofl

Have fun in Big 4 alright, & stop acting like you’re in BB FO. It’s really, really embarrassing.

Unregistered 01-06-2021 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 171855)
Exactly - it's called financial modelling. NOT pro forma modelling you imbecile.

Aren’t you in M&A? Getting really sad Big 4 monkey…

Unregistered 01-06-2021 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 171857)

The M&A division typically focuses on cash/stock-based acquisitions. LBO models are primarily (and almost exclusively) referring to PE transactions as it typically involves a huge amount of leverage (this is covered by the Sponsors/LevFin groups depending on the type of transaction).

Pro-forma essentially means an estimate of how the end-product (either a merger or an acquisition) would look like on paper. Pro-forma BS is definitely needed for M&A modelling, but clients sometimes wish to see the combined forecasted IS and CFS as well. Thus, when you went from a S&T banker to an M&A Banker, it’s extremely funny for you to think that LBO modelling is your core deliverable and only LBOs require pro-forma modelling rofl

Have fun in Big 4 alright, & stop acting like you’re in BB FO. It’s really, really embarrassing.

Wait, where did you see that my main deliverable is LBO? I clearly didn't say that I'm in S&T either. Neither did I say ONLY LBOs require pro-forma statements - I said Pro forma statements (hint: LBO - nothing here mentioned anything about only LBO requiring pro forma statements). You may know the above, but you seriously need to read more carefully.

"clients sometimes wish to see the combined forecasted" Please just stop pretending you have any clients, your stakeholders are only FO who give **** to you.

Unregistered 01-06-2021 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 171860)
Wait, where did you see that my main deliverable is LBO? I clearly didn't say that I'm in S&T either. Neither did I say ONLY LBOs require pro-forma statements - I said Pro forma statements (hint: LBO - nothing here mentioned anything about only LBO requiring pro forma statements). You may know the above, but you seriously need to read more carefully.

"clients sometimes wish to see the combined forecasted" Please just stop pretending you have any clients, your stakeholders are only FO who give **** to you.

Don’t get mad. Aint my fault that you’re in Big 4.

Next time just make sure you’re prepared before you pretend to be in FO. It’s really embarrassing.

Unregistered 01-06-2021 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 171857)

And yourself? You went from BO/MO to FO banker wanker in 2 hrs? What are you smoking? Have fun languishing in the Big 4 thread and talking down to others. Parents must be so proud of you.

Unregistered 01-06-2021 06:27 PM

Not sure why this thread became bashing big 4 thread. Did the poster get rejected by some girls in big 4 or what. If not, it must be some ex-big4 guys that had a really unpleasant stay there. I cant believe someone from big consulting firms or banks with no experience in big 4 would spend so much time bashing them here.

I am an ex-big 4 here. Its definitely a decent platform for you to grow your career. Lets be professional here. You can be a high flyer and earning big money but i really dont see why we should put down others on their career choices.

Unregistered 01-06-2021 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 171865)
And yourself? You went from BO/MO to FO banker wanker in 2 hrs? What are you smoking? Have fun languishing in the Big 4 thread and talking down to others. Parents must be so proud of you.

Unlike you, I have never pretended to be in FO. Funny that you brought this up though. As someone who claims to be in M&A - your knowledge of IB is virtually nil despite having so much free time in BB FO!

Just stick to Big 4 alright (if you are even in B4). Honestly think you’re way too dumb and cringe even for that lmao