Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 02-04-2022 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211837)
This is the same thing one of my seniors said and I feel like it is a very toxic mentality.

Because because you went through hell in the past doesn't mean you should inflict the same expectations on your juniors.

Now that you are in power, you should use that power to make the environment a better place for your juniors so that future generations need not suffer like you did.

Your senior shouldn't say that.

The thing is not even SM can change culture. To change the culture of the team, you need the buy in from the partner. To change the firm, you need collective buy in of partners.

Make the best of what you have. Idealism is dead in audit

Unregistered 02-04-2022 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211798)
Fake lo. 7k plus is m3 towards sm. M1 only 6k plus. Tested proven experienced.

With the latest revision, i am M2 (~6 years+ exp in Big 4)

Unregistered 03-04-2022 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211919)
With the latest revision, i am M2 (~6 years+ exp in Big 4)

How did you endure for 6 years?

Weekdays evening 7pm can go out meet people? Weekends need go back office?

Got suddenly need reply emails at midnight? Or got experience before 3am still at clients place?

Unregistered 03-04-2022 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211920)
How did you endure for 6 years?

Weekdays evening 7pm can go out meet people? Weekends need go back office?

Got suddenly need reply emails at midnight? Or got experience before 3am still at clients place?

Auditors do not experience suddenly need to reply emails at midnight. You are supposed to be working during that time

Unregistered 03-04-2022 12:47 AM

I really cannot understand why auditors need to work until 3am or weekends.

Audit isn't driving deals or transactions or anything like bankers or PE do. Neither is it about doing trading like S&T or commodities tradings. Or doing high level strat transformation like consulting.

Audit is essentially doing checks on financial reporting. It is at best a supportive role to the financial and corporate markets.

Something is seriously wrong with the entire industry structurally, if auditors need to work bankers' hours. At a fraction of their salary.

Unregistered 03-04-2022 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211928)

Audit isn't driving deals or transactions or anything like bankers or PE do. Neither is it about doing trading like S&T or commodities tradings. Or doing high level strat transformation like consulting.

Audit is essentially doing checks on financial reporting. It is at best a supportive role to the financial and corporate markets.

Something is seriously wrong with the entire industry structurally, if auditors need to work bankers' hours. At a fraction of their salary.

3am are for those listed Cos with hard deadlines lah. Audit is exactly the same as the rest that you mentioned. i.e professional services.

Client paid you money and ask you deliver by xxx then you need to OT to deliver lah. You order grab to deliver food at 6pm they also need to deliver right. So simple logic also dont understand.

Unregistered 03-04-2022 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211928)

I also cannot understand.

It's not like you are police, doctors, firefighters.. those who have to respond to real life incidents. If you work in Emergency Services, 3am the alarm goes off, yes you better go respond.

I feel like if you (and your bosses) manage the time and resources well, should be able to avoid working excessively long hours.

Unregistered 03-04-2022 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211929)

Client paid you money and ask you deliver by xxx then you need to OT to deliver lah. You order grab to deliver food at 6pm they also need to deliver right. So simple logic also dont understand.

You say like that you win already lor.

But grab also got surge pricing.

If you want to deliver by xxx, and that requires us to OT, you better pay us more money.

Unregistered 03-04-2022 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211931)
You say like that you win already lor.

But grab also got surge pricing.

If you want to deliver by xxx, and that requires us to OT, you better pay us more money.

It is posts like this that show your naiveness.

Did the client stop your partners/managers from asking more money? Lol.

Unregistered 03-04-2022 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211932)
It is posts like this that show your naiveness.

Did the client stop your partners/managers from asking more money? Lol.

You don't have to read 668 pages of this thread to know what I think about the money.