Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 28-09-2023 01:01 AM

now big 4 still got hybrid work arrangement or not or is it 100% wfo?

I remember last time covid is 100% wfh so no need to OT in office and can pretend to work at night

Unregistered 28-09-2023 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 256888)
Alrdy M liao, can only compaint about the industry

Managers are often powerless. It’s a nice title but they are not really management like FM, FC, CFO, CEO.

They cannot increase my pay - that is decided by the leadership.

They don’t have the final say on performance evaluation - there are further rounds decided by “higher power” after their recommendation.

They can’t get me more headcount - that is decided by bosses, HR, recruitment team.

They can’t even decide on the work approach - the big boss is the one who signs, and has the judgement call to make.

They can’t push back deadlines - it’s a requirement by law, sometimes by client, sometimes by big boss.

So tell me; what can they do?

Unregistered 28-09-2023 12:07 PM

Not sure why everyone here saying Big4 no FCH. In orange now and we just took in 6 FCH, its all on linkedin for everyone to see.

Unregistered 28-09-2023 02:17 PM

You are confusing people manager and project manager.

Unregistered 28-09-2023 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 256967)
Not sure why everyone here saying Big4 no FCH. In orange now and we just took in 6 FCH, its all on linkedin for everyone to see.

It’s not meant to be taken literally lah.

Obviously nobody means it in absolutes because you only need 1 counter example to refute the claim.

Unregistered 28-09-2023 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 256967)

What’s your point?? Market is bad is it

Unregistered 28-09-2023 03:06 PM

If you graduated from a 3-year degree course and are prepared to slog and clear the CA exam then Big4 is the right place to go for long term gain. For those from NUS and SMU you need to look elsewhere for higher gains. Remember the housing prices do not wait for you.

Unregistered 28-09-2023 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 256990)
If you graduated from a 3-year degree course and are prepared to slog and clear the CA exam then Big4 is the right place to go for long term gain. For those from NUS and SMU you need to look elsewhere for higher gains. Remember the housing prices do not wait for you.

heng i jhk. i just need to join work in SG big 4 for a few years then can retire in my bungalow in bolehland while you chao sinkie peasants can continue slogging to pay for your BTO. you all ownself voted for this one. thank you very much haha

Unregistered 29-09-2023 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 257011)
heng i jhk. i just need to join work in SG big 4 for a few years then can retire in my bungalow in bolehland while you chao sinkie peasants can continue slogging to pay for your BTO. you all ownself voted for this one. thank you very much haha

Location location location

Might as well say slog for a few years can buy a huge tract of land in Swaziland with 6 wives and 100 cattle.

Who the heck wants to stay in your kampung Seremban where it floods every year and you go on holiday your bungalow possibly gets robbed, your car wheels all gone

Unregistered 29-09-2023 11:55 AM

JHK cannot think
They come and do the job Singaporeans don’t want to do
They happy can already
Don’t even know they are being exploited
Don’t tell them the truth
Ignorance is bliss