Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Service Performance Bonus (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1235-civil-service-performance-bonus.html)

Unregistered 21-03-2016 09:30 PM

Anyone knows how many mths of bonus for MX12 C-?

Unregistered 21-03-2016 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 81828)
Anyone knows how many mths of bonus for MX12 C-?

probably 1 mth.

Unregistered 21-03-2016 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 81813)
Whose pb u trying to kaypoh?

We'll both of us can register and I can PM you if you are equally inquisitive to know. (Btw I hope you know this forum by itself serves in information exchanges)!

Unregistered 21-03-2016 09:42 PM

Anyone knows how many mths of bonus for MX12 C?

Unregistered 21-03-2016 09:52 PM

1.5 months

Unregistered 21-03-2016 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 81816)
Got a B+. Surprised by the additional +. Feeling thankful

For that, how much additional pb?

Unregistered 21-03-2016 11:10 PM

Grade 12, C, got $360 merit increment, PB 1.5

Unregistered 21-03-2016 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 81840)
Grade 12, C, got $360 merit increment, PB 1.5

Hi,
Where did u get the info for merit increment?

Unregistered 21-03-2016 11:37 PM

Merit increment ? C ? Now? Maybe there's something you know that most of us in cs don't.

Unregistered 22-03-2016 10:20 AM

guys, your PB does not perfectly map back to your grade. everyone can be right, because there's no fixed formula. some people whose grades are lower can still get higher PBs than what is being guessed at. it's all based on the amount available to the department to distribute, dept heads get the leeway to adjust.

source: personal experience.

but of course if everyone wants to fight and insist there's a magic formula, go ahead

Unregistered 22-03-2016 11:45 AM

PB is grade(both MX level and performance level) determined. It's quite transparent - no negotiation required. Anyway the matter of contention is not in this, rather, that someone mentioned he/she has high MI ($360 for MX12) C grade, info available now.(that's what he /she claims).

Unregistered 22-03-2016 02:26 PM

PB grades
 
Any idea what is the minimum grade for MX13 to promote to MX12?

Unregistered 22-03-2016 02:38 PM

Usually B. So far three of my colleagues promoted with a B. Must say they are competent. Now 28,29,30-all grade 11.

Unregistered 22-03-2016 02:51 PM

Sorry, it is based on one year tenure, akin to probationary period. So if capacity is low, might not get the auto-promotion after one year. But all three colleagues got them. And they are consistent B-graders

mhakkinen 22-03-2016 03:26 PM

When someone changes ministry (not secondment), could someone shed some light on whether 1. the CEP and 2. performance grades from the old ministry is visible to the new ministry when ranking a candidate?

Unregistered 22-03-2016 04:36 PM

It is transparent. The two Ministries will collaborate in any case, current ministry will seek appraisal from ex-ministry of incumbent. One colleague joined 1st May, for appraisal, her RO sought her performance from her ex-Ro.

mhakkinen 22-03-2016 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 81907)
It is transparent. The two Ministries will collaborate in any case, current ministry will seek appraisal from ex-ministry of incumbent. One colleague joined 1st May, for appraisal, her RO sought her performance from her ex-Ro.

I believe you're referring to a case of transfer here and the new ministry is trying to get inputs for the work done from Jan to May at the old ministry?

What if we're talking about a stint where I rejoin the civil service after 5 years? Don't get me wrong - this is not a case of having something to hide; rather, I am trying to get a sense of the impartiality since CEP and perf grades are - in theory - supposed to be independently evaluated.

Unregistered 22-03-2016 06:41 PM

I see. Sorry, I do not have hard facts for you. To me, without any reinstatement of services or benefits, it will start from scrap, square 1. Views from someone in HR?

Unregistered 22-03-2016 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 81867)
guys, your PB does not perfectly map back to your grade. everyone can be right, because there's no fixed formula. some people whose grades are lower can still get higher PBs than what is being guessed at. it's all based on the amount available to the department to distribute, dept heads get the leeway to adjust.

source: personal experience.

but of course if everyone wants to fight and insist there's a magic formula, go ahead

Agree. Finally someone who knows the insider story. MOF allocates each Ministry a certain amount of PB bonus budget based on headcount. Each Ministry has the freedom to decide how they want to allocate the budget across the various grades and PB i.e. An MX12 B grader at Ministry A may get lesser PB quantum than an MX12 C+ grader in Ministry B, ceteris paribus. It really depends on whether the Minsitry values top talent more or equitable distribution more.

MI is based on your CEP, not so much your PB grade.

source: years of being a HR kaypoh in CS

Unregistered 22-03-2016 10:15 PM

Same person as earlier?

Unregistered 23-03-2016 09:08 PM

Date of recieving PB
 
Anyone know when the money come in? Haven't recieve mine yet, got grade c, already 1 year , first time pb

Unregistered 23-03-2016 09:41 PM

Ministry's in since 22nd. U might wish to check ur HR

Unregistered 23-03-2016 09:52 PM

PB 2.75 months, MI $400, MX11
Is that considered good?

Unregistered 23-03-2016 09:54 PM

Increment for Grade 10
 
Hi, anyone know increment amount for grade 10? Current pay 7200+

Unregistered 23-03-2016 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 82005)
PB 2.75 months, MI $400, MX11
Is that considered good?

how did u find out ur mi?

Unregistered 23-03-2016 10:14 PM

I'm the person with $360 MI. Got promoted last year from MSO to MX scheme so grade is default C. I'm personally surprised with the MI too cos it's more than double of what I usually get in MSO scheme. Just wondering if it's normal... seems like it's not. How can I tell my CEP through that? I mean, next year's MI might fall to $200 range right? Does that mean my CEP dropped?

Unregistered 23-03-2016 10:33 PM

I do not think CEP determines your increment rather it path your progression to your highest grade at retirement point. It will not drop or increase once it is set.(exceptions aside). It is right U have high MI due to high minimum salary at grade 12, compared to ceiling salary of your previous grade(div 2)

Unregistered 23-03-2016 10:37 PM

to the person with MI $400

Well that's probably 4735 salary? If you are relatively young and pay is at lower rung of grade 12. For those who hade reached ceiling 5874, increment much lower

Unregistered 23-03-2016 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 82015)
to the person with MI $400

Well that's probably 4735 salary? If you are relatively young and pay is at lower rung of grade 12. For those who hade reached ceiling 5874, increment much lower

reaching ceiling means no increment unless ur A performer. the slowdown will happen once you exit the mid point of the range.

Unregistered 23-03-2016 11:26 PM

U HV misunderstood. Read tgt with context of query, increment would be low (not 400) if already reached ceiling of 12 for promo to 11.

Unregistered 24-03-2016 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 82019)
U HV misunderstood. Read tgt with context of query, increment would be low (not 400) if already reached ceiling of 12 for promo to 11.

i think the correct term is bar, not ceiling. ceiling is on top of bar.

Unregistered 24-03-2016 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 82015)
to the person with MI $400

Well that's probably 4735 salary? If you are relatively young and pay is at lower rung of grade 12. For those who hade reached ceiling 5874, increment much lower

Nope. Already above 6k and im mx11 not 12.

Unregistered 24-03-2016 08:21 AM

Correct la, people referring to before your promotion-has to be from grade 12 to 11, right? (Iyor how u get promoted ?)

Unregistered 24-03-2016 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 82020)
i think the correct term is bar, not ceiling. ceiling is on top of bar.

Grade 12 - ceiling and bar synonymous coz this grade no bar. Even grade 11, no bar, after intro of 11a

Watatatal 24-03-2016 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 82001)
Anyone know when the money come in? Haven't recieve mine yet, got grade c, already 1 year , first time pb

my stat board received on the 22nd.

Unregistered 24-03-2016 09:04 AM

That's fast! For a SB. My friend's SB will only receive on 30th

Watatatal 24-03-2016 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 82037)
That's fast! For a SB. My friend's SB will only receive on 30th

ahah! my SB is a Development Board so more closely link to ministry, i think. or maybe the boss just want staff to happy2 and enjoy the money on good Friday.

Btw enjoy the long weekend.

Unregistered 24-03-2016 01:00 PM

When is Mindef performance bonus payout?? Anyone know?

monsterinc88 24-03-2016 01:22 PM

CPDD2 @ MOE has the most office politics, can you imagine your reporting officer does not like you since day 1. So getting super low performance bonus. Very unfair.

Unregistered 24-03-2016 03:26 PM

SB pay out
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Watatatal (Post 82042)
ahah! my SB is a Development Board so more closely link to ministry, i think. or maybe the boss just want staff to happy2 and enjoy the money on good Friday.

Btw enjoy the long weekend.

I'm in SB, so by 30th get?


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 03:51 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2