Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   GovTech (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/8982-govtech.html)

Unregistered 20-08-2022 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 228580)
how this mdr appraisal diff with the norm one?
have you done the appraisal ang got the increments?

Performance appraisal is different from mdr appraisal, in fact theres one mdr appraisal going on now so that those qualified will get theirs in october.

Those joined after the cut off date obviously wont be doing any appraisal(mdr or performance)

Unregistered 20-08-2022 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 228605)
Performance appraisal is different from mdr appraisal, in fact theres one mdr appraisal going on now so that those qualified will get theirs in october.

Those joined after the cut off date obviously wont be doing any appraisal(mdr or performance)

when is the cut off date?

Unregistered 20-08-2022 11:41 PM

Why HR nvr give such info? Very jialat.

Unregistered 21-08-2022 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 228249)
Alot from these companies try to come over but the net flow is not towards these companies.

U sure? The whole damn RBS team went to NCS….lol

Unregistered 21-08-2022 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 228671)

not sure whats RBS, but my experience is only limited to HQ and specifically cap centres/product teams.

cant speak for SVC and the rest.

Unregistered 21-08-2022 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 228671)

omg! can't believe someone will downgraded to rubbish company ncx. joke...

Unregistered 22-08-2022 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 228202)
why govtech don't have MAC?

If you go across to Alexandra Retail Center, there is a Mac's there

Unregistered 22-08-2022 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 228688)
omg! can't believe someone will downgraded to rubbish company ncx. joke...

they're paying higher than govtech tho lol

Unregistered 22-08-2022 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 228712)

what role? Director?

Unregistered 22-08-2022 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 228712)

NCS offering 4.8k to ntu/nus CS second upper fresh grads, I highly doubt they pay higher than govtech.

Unregistered 24-08-2022 02:37 PM

Keep jumping

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 228744)
NCS offering 4.8k to ntu/nus CS second upper fresh grads, I highly doubt they pay higher than govtech.

Govtech manpower ~3k
NCS manpower ~12k

You think who is the bigger player.
Govtech mass recruit in the early days come from NCS, avanade, Accenture, microsodt

Likewise many are leaving govtech to go back to their former company because promised higher pau now. My ex colleague went back to NCS as director.

You can't devote your whole tech career to one company

Unregistered 25-08-2022 01:05 AM

Applied for a role recently, and the HR mentioned that almost all offered positions are contract based, and the benefits are exactly the same as Perm. How true is this?

Also, I've read the previous pages and came across IPB/CPB and I'm assuming it stands for individual/corporate bonus, does that still exist now?

Unregistered 25-08-2022 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 228898)
Applied for a role recently, and the HR mentioned that almost all offered positions are contract based, and the benefits are exactly the same as Perm. How true is this?

Also, I've read the previous pages and came across IPB/CPB and I'm assuming it stands for individual/corporate bonus, does that still exist now?

yeap, that info given by HR is indeed quite accurate. just be sure that u are sourced by internal talent acquisition team and not as an outsource MMF and u should be good to go.

yes IPB and CPB still exist, however depending on ur contract terms u might have AWS rebased into your monthly, or not.

Unregistered 25-08-2022 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 228899)
yeap, that info given by HR is indeed quite accurate. just be sure that u are sourced by internal talent acquisition team and not as an outsource MMF and u should be good to go.

yes IPB and CPB still exist, however depending on ur contract terms u might have AWS rebased into your monthly, or not.

Thanks for the swift reply! Would you happen to know how AWS bring rebated (or not) affects the contract terms or IPB/CPB? Also, do you roughly know the ranges of the IPB/CPB for average performers?

Unregistered 25-08-2022 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 228914)
Thanks for the swift reply! Would you happen to know how AWS bring rebated (or not) affects the contract terms or IPB/CPB? Also, do you roughly know the ranges of the IPB/CPB for average performers?

AWS being rebased or not shouldnt affect your contract terms (things like contract duration, benefits etc.) but itll affect ur monthly pay la LOL

Which could be useful in case you have to show payslip in future but thats really about it. Oh and ofc that in turns affect your CPF contributions too.

I/CPB depends on job grade, for lower job grades the lesser the base quantum - ie.
For grade D: 1-4mths IPB, 0.75-1.5 mths CPB
For grade E: 1.5-4mths IPB, 0.75 -1.5 mths CPB
etc etc

I could be wrong on the quantum tho so dont take my word for it.

Unregistered 25-08-2022 07:24 PM

Contract no mdr too

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 228927)
AWS being rebased or not shouldnt affect your contract terms (things like contract duration, benefits etc.) but itll affect ur monthly pay la LOL

Which could be useful in case you have to show payslip in future but thats really about it. Oh and ofc that in turns affect your CPF contributions too.

I/CPB depends on job grade, for lower job grades the lesser the base quantum - ie.
etc etc

Unregistered 25-08-2022 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 228927)

etc etc

For grades, I understand that Manager is Grade H, correct? Interesting, for avr performer, HR mentioned 2 months for PB, my friend's friend mentioned 3 months.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 228937)
Contract no mdr too

What does MDR stand for?

Unregistered 26-08-2022 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 228944)
For grades, I understand that Manager is Grade H, correct? Interesting, for avr performer, HR mentioned 2 months for PB, my friend's friend mentioned 3 months.

HR is right. Average performers get Performance Grade C, which is 2 months. Your friend's friend exceeded expectations and got B.

Unregistered 26-08-2022 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 228898)

Perm staff have more benefits than outsource.
Whoever tells you outsource is the same as perm are lying.

Outsource is basically "we need ppl to do a job but we can't allocate a headcount so you're a service."
Alot of people cmi join govtech for the brand and resume. Firing someone is bad negative.

Don't renew a contract is normal.

Unregistered 26-08-2022 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 229016)
Perm staff have more benefits than outsource.
Whoever tells you outsource is the same as perm are lying.

Outsource is basically "we need ppl to do a job but we can't allocate a headcount so you're a service."
Alot of people cmi join govtech for the brand and resume. Firing someone is bad negative.

Don't renew a contract is normal.

There is 1)Perm estab 2)Direct contract (not outsource) 3)Outsource staff

Perm estab essentially have same benefits as DIRECT contract just that no need for renewal. In HQ side there is hardly any ever direct contract that does NOT get renewed or upgraded to perm estab.

Cant say the like for SVC and atb to you if you are outsource (u wont even be seen as staff)

Unregistered 29-08-2022 11:03 AM

Govtech offer deploy to stat board

Govtech offer deployed to stat board. Am told is infra position supporting applications. Worth to take it up?

Unregistered 29-08-2022 12:32 PM

am a Direct Contract with GVT. There's a difference between direct contract and third-party so do clarify with your HR if unsure.

As a direct contract, benefits and treatment is indeed the same as perm. I also enjoy corporate bonus and VB. And no one can tell who is perm who is Direct Contract, unlike where I came from in banking, the differentiation is v clearly shown in email outlook or staff directory.

Unregistered 29-08-2022 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 229178)
Govtech offer deployed to stat board. Am told is infra position supporting applications. Worth to take it up?

Alot of vendor management plus trying to implement new initiatives if your agency is very cloud heavy. There are opportunities to learn but not much hands on.

Unregistered 29-08-2022 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 229178)

For the above, would the stat board have direct input to the performance reviews ?

Unregistered 30-08-2022 07:23 AM

What's it like in Govtech SERVICES ? Have offering assigned to small stat board

s://.tech.gov.sg/images/our-team/GovTech%20Org%20Chart%20(Effective%208%20Aug%20201 9).pdf

Unregistered 31-08-2022 02:07 AM

Anyone knows how much to expect annually for data science role with 2 years exp?

Unregistered 01-09-2022 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 229346)
Anyone knows how much to expect annually for data science role with 2 years exp?

6k x 14.5

20char

Unregistered 01-09-2022 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 229253)
What's it like in Govtech SERVICES ? Have offering assigned to small stat board

s://.tech.gov.sg/images/our-team/GovTech%20Org%20Chart%20(Effective%208%20Aug%20201 9).pdf

PA? The interviewer was so rude lmao

Unregistered 01-09-2022 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 229421)
6k x 14.5

20char

nahhh, 0 yoe alr at 6k, depending on your skillset and assuming 2 relevant yoe should defo be more than 6k, u shld be looking at grade E/F

Unregistered 04-09-2022 07:52 PM

Does govtech still have 13th month bonus for perm staff?

Unregistered 04-09-2022 09:22 PM

13th month has been split up and passed into monthly pay.

Unregistered 04-09-2022 09:23 PM

Sorry for typo.

* Padded, not passed

Unregistered 05-09-2022 12:28 AM

How much is the yearly increment on average for normal performer?

Unregistered 05-09-2022 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 229646)
How much is the yearly increment on average for normal performer?

$100-$200

char10

Unregistered 05-09-2022 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 229661)
$100-$200

char10

That’s not a lot. :(

Unregistered 07-09-2022 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 228856)
Govtech manpower ~3k
NCS manpower ~12k

You think who is the bigger player.
Govtech mass recruit in the early days come from NCS, avanade, Accenture, microsodt

Likewise many are leaving govtech to go back to their former company because promised higher pau now. My ex colleague went back to NCS as director.

You can't devote your whole tech career to one company

bigger player doesnt mean bigger pay.
or else everyone will be fleeing to Tata or Tech Mahindra (india companies) lol.

People leaving due to low increment, but their base is still higher than NCS

Unregistered 11-09-2022 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 229465)
nahhh, 0 yoe alr at 6k, depending on your skillset and assuming 2 relevant yoe should defo be more than 6k, u shld be looking at grade E/F

Thanks for sharing. In your opinion, is 7k * 14.5 month a fair ask?

Unregistered 11-09-2022 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230065)

6.5k sound correct

Unregistered 13-09-2022 08:26 PM

Employers, staff urged to be open to flexible work arrangements, including 4-day work week

s://.straitstimes.com/singapore/jobs/employers-staff-urged-be-open-to-flexible-work-arrangements-including-4-day-work-week?

Unregistered 14-09-2022 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230065)

i mean of course its fair, but you would have to be realistic about your other alternatives. if you have none, then 7k is more than fair tbh but if you have competing offers from FAANG/FAANG Adjacent or FAANG-lite then youd probably not be happy with 7k, altho do take note the WLB is pretty good here.