Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ST Electronics (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3060-st-electronics.html)

Unregistered 19-02-2021 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 156529)
Then do grading for what? Waste time waste productivity.

So no bonus means you don't need to do work ah?

Unregistered 19-02-2021 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 156530)
So no bonus means you don't need to do work ah?

im not sure if your comprehensive skills got problem. no bonus then don't spend the time do grading. time can be spent on projects instead of arguing who is in band 1, 2, 3. Everybody band 2 la..... zzz...

Unregistered 19-02-2021 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 156531)
im not sure if your comprehensive skills got problem. no bonus then don't spend the time do grading. time can be spent on projects instead of arguing who is in band 1, 2, 3. Everybody band 2 la..... zzz...

Grading is to show they are working. no? That's why still must do!

Unregistered 19-02-2021 09:51 AM

Quote:

Takes alot of time to grade meh?
Grading is done on a day to day basis on my side.
We already know who is what grade based on daily interaction at work.

Don't need to wait until one magical day to "waste time and productivity" to do grading.
You mean you can't tell who is performing and who is not performing?

Can't tell who come to work on time who come late everyday?
Can't tell who always make mistake at work or who double check their work?
Can't tell who takes 3 days to response with tai chi excuse and who actually took action to resolve the issue?
Can't tell who is professional with technical knowledge and who is just ********?

If can't tell, then my friend, your grading is just for $ and bonus and promotion and power.
So. Get back to work.

Unregistered 19-02-2021 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 156533)
Takes alot of time to grade meh?
Grading is done on a day to day basis on my side.
We already know who is what grade based on daily interaction at work.

Don't need to wait until one magical day to "waste time and productivity" to do grading.
You mean you can't tell who is performing and who is not performing?

Can't tell who come to work on time who come late everyday?
Can't tell who always make mistake at work or who double check their work?
Can't tell who takes 3 days to response with tai chi excuse and who actually took action to resolve the issue?
Can't tell who is professional with technical knowledge and who is just ********?

If can't tell, then my friend, your grading is just for $ and bonus and promotion and power.
So. Get back to work.

Yeah get back to filling paper.

How to grade those people who brrakafast until 10 am at canteen le? I still see a bunch of them sit there chit chatting...

Unregistered 19-02-2021 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 156534)
Yeah get back to filling paper.

How to grade those people who brrakafast until 10 am at canteen le? I still see a bunch of them sit there chit chatting...

TGIF bro. Chillax brah.
No bonus so don't have to act working

Unregistered 19-02-2021 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 156529)
Then do grading for what? Waste time waste productivity.

Got two kind of people in ST la.
Those who everyday slack so come to grading scared under performance... (but then should have already known it from boss feedback)
Those who worked too much scared go unnoticed or unrecognised (smart abit la, this year covid-19, pay cut, freeze, work so hard for fun ah?)

Basically just be as professional as you can everyday. In your work.
In your interaction.
In your progress.

And the rest will come.
And if you don't get the grade you want? Quit? Find another job?
You should be finding for another job on a daily basis also.

Don't wait for a grade to wake you up.

Unregistered 19-02-2021 10:15 AM

It's very hard to work in a place where there is no work.
Everyday pretend fill paper is very tiring one...

Can only use the same excuse so many times.
Then can have alot of meeting but also run out of talking point.

mr bill 19-02-2021 10:34 AM

Quote:

I think it is your comprehensive and logical skills that got problem. This kind of wayang GLC need to do grading for the sake of it, and also to weed out cuikias who jlb and eat taxpayers' hard earned dollars. Better get back to work instead of dreaming of non existent bonus.

Unregistered 19-02-2021 11:06 AM

Company got so much out of the government through JSS yet no money for bonus?
The only BUs suffering are probably Aerospace and Marine.

Unregistered 19-02-2021 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 156541)
Company got so much out of the government through JSS yet no money for bonus?
The only BUs suffering are probably Aerospace and Marine.

Let us all forgo bonus this year so our aerospace and marine colleagues still have a job!
ST must support each other.

Unregistered 19-02-2021 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr bill (Post 156540)
I think it is your comprehensive and logical skills that got problem. This kind of wayang GLC need to do grading for the sake of it, and also to weed out cuikias who jlb and eat taxpayers' hard earned dollars. Better get back to work instead of dreaming of non existent bonus.

ST is paid by tax payer money meh?
I thought ST is public company. Anyone can buy the stock and shares and invest.
Its only that temasek own more than 50% of the shares only what.

Not tax payer hard earned dollars la please.

coconut 19-02-2021 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 156545)
ST is paid by tax payer money meh?
I thought ST is public company. Anyone can buy the stock and shares and invest.
Its only that temasek own more than 50% of the shares only what.

Not tax payer hard earned dollars la please.

You must be naive to think a fully privatised company with no ties to the government can operate in the manner ST does.

Unregistered 19-02-2021 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coconut (Post 156548)
You must be naive to think a fully privatised company with no ties to the government can operate in the manner ST does.

But ST is not a private company.

coconut 19-02-2021 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coconut (Post 156548)

*Public. Point still stands

Unregistered 19-02-2021 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coconut (Post 156550)
*Public. Point still stands

Public doesn't mean government.
Just like Facebook is public company its not owned by America.... Use brain please.
If a Malaysian billionaire buy up 51% of the share he will be the largest stockholder...

That's why temasek want to own the majority of the shares mah with their daily share buy back...

St is funded by investors who buy ST Engineering shares in the Singapore exchange market....
Not by tax payer money.

Unregistered 19-02-2021 12:35 PM

Singapore Technologies (ST) Engineering posted on Friday (Feb 19) a 14 per cent fall in net profit for the half year ended Dec 31 to $264.4 million from $308.6 million a year ago.

No bonus liao.

Even share drop by 1 cents.

Unregistered 19-02-2021 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 156552)
Singapore Technologies (ST) Engineering posted on Friday (Feb 19) a 14 per cent fall in net profit for the half year ended Dec 31 to $264.4 million from $308.6 million a year ago.

No bonus liao.

Even share drop by 1 cents.

On good years when they made profit, bonus is pathetic like ****.
This year profit even lower you think bonus will be higher?

ST employees abit dumb.

Unregistered 19-02-2021 12:37 PM

So really no bonus ah? Looks like need to start looking...

coconut 19-02-2021 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 156551)
Public doesn't mean government.
Just like Facebook is public company its not owned by America.... Use brain please.
If a Malaysian billionaire buy up 51% of the share he will be the largest stockholder...

That's why temasek want to own the majority of the shares mah with their daily share buy back...

St is funded by investors who buy ST Engineering shares in the Singapore exchange market....
Not by tax payer money.

Don't talk rubbish lah. You see which company with 0 ties to the government can function like ST and still be competitive. Dreaming only.

Unregistered 19-02-2021 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coconut (Post 156555)
Don't talk rubbish lah. You see which company with 0 ties to the government can function like ST and still be competitive. Dreaming only.

ST very competitive meh?
No leh I was in the loop for a few government project. It wasn't automatically awarded to ST cause it have ties to government le.

Instead it was awarded to some other companies le.
So you're naive to think connection to government gives you immunity to business world or pandemic fallout la.

Government is not God.
Government purpose to "policy" not business... If it is, then its corrupted.

Coconut 19-02-2021 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 156558)
ST very competitive meh?
No leh I was in the loop for a few government project. It wasn't automatically awarded to ST cause it have ties to government le.

Instead it was awarded to some other companies le.
So you're naive to think connection to government gives you immunity to business world or pandemic fallout la.

Government is not God.
Government purpose to "policy" not business... If it is, then its corrupted.

Lol no point arguing with a brainless buffoon like yourself, missing the point entirely. Even ST pay scheme follows civil servant pay scheme, still dare to say no ties to government.

A zuobolan dead end place like ST is where under performers like you deserve to be. Enjoy your 0 months bonus :)

Unregistered 19-02-2021 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coconut (Post 156562)
Lol no point arguing with a brainless buffoon like yourself, missing the point entirely. Even ST pay scheme follows civil servant pay scheme, still dare to say no ties to government.

A zuobolan dead end place like ST is where under performers like you deserve to be. Enjoy your 0 months bonus :)

Laugh, since when?

Unregistered 19-02-2021 01:40 PM

Quote:

Please lo civil service got so many grading.
ST only
E5
E6
M1
M2
M3
M4
M5

Job title I "think" is follow mindef of dsta I not sure la.
Also not follow civil service. No mid bonus. No year end bonus. No 13th month

Your logic doesn't stand water le.

Unregistered 19-02-2021 01:48 PM

Quote:

I think you more buffon. Please don't confuse yourself
Private sector vs public sector
Private limited company vs public listed company vs state owned company
Civil service vs public service

coconut 19-02-2021 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 156570)

Who cares, your pay is still pathetic and your job is a dead end meaningless existence. Have fun spending your bonus on nothing.

coconut 19-02-2021 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 156570)

Die die still don't want to admit your pathetic coy is government linked. Whole life living in self denial, so sad.

Unregistered 19-02-2021 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coconut (Post 156572)
Die die still don't want to admit your pathetic coy is government linked. Whole life living in self denial, so sad.

The original buffon claims ST Engineering is paid by tax payer money la.
Which is false.

Cause temasek holdings are linked to this....
DBS Bank. Singapore Airlines. CapitaLand. ST Engineering. SP Group. Singtel. Mediacorp. PSA International

So by the buffons logic Singapore tax payer owns dbs Bank, SIA, singtel, certis, capital and, mediaCorp.
Cause if tax payer money sustains St engineering then by logic all the other entities are also public servant right? Government employee right? All pay grade are the same right?

Buffon pawn buffon

Unregistered 19-02-2021 02:33 PM

Calm down. Calm down. It's Friday already.

Unregistered 19-02-2021 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 156579)
Calm down. Calm down. It's Friday already.

No bonus. Sad. Won't work.

Wisely chung 19-02-2021 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 156577)
Which is false.

DBS Bank. Singapore Airlines. CapitaLand. ST Engineering. SP Group. Singtel. Mediacorp. PSA International

So by the buffons logic Singapore tax payer owns dbs Bank, SIA, singtel, certis, capital and, mediaCorp.
Cause if tax payer money sustains St engineering then by logic all the other entities are also public servant right? Government employee right? All pay grade are the same right?

Buffon pawn buffon

Extreme leap of logic but I guess that is to be expected of incompetent ST employee.

Most of your contracts are given to you by the government because your company is so uncompetitive and backward that nobody in the free market in their right mind would give you a deal. Faster go back to your dead end desk and finish up your grading sheet lah, later your boss see you no up and fire you then llst have to go be grab driver leow

Wisely who 19-02-2021 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 156577)
Which is false.

Buffon pawn buffon

Extreme leap of logic but I guess that is to be expected of an incompetent ST employee.

Most of your contracts are given to you by the government because your company is so uncompetitive and backward that nobody in the free market in their right mind would give you a deal. Faster go back to your dead end desk and finish up your grading sheet lah, later your boss see you no up and fire you then llst have to go be grab driver leow

Unregistered 19-02-2021 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 156580)
No bonus. Sad. Won't work.

Don't listen to fake news la.
Come I give you free bonus.

Unregistered 19-02-2021 03:22 PM

A lot of ST Staffs resigned during this period, so they might give bonuses so that they will not leave.

Unregistered 19-02-2021 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 156588)
A lot of ST Staffs resigned during this period, so they might give bonuses so that they will not leave.

Sure or not? My division different story le. Around 5 of them didn't get their contract renewed..
3 was during the CB breaker Stay home period... 2 was 2021 after phase 3...

Prospect not looking good
No new hire since 2020... But project deliverable timeline remains the same

Unregistered 19-02-2021 03:44 PM

My contract also expiring 1st April. I checked with jobline they have already send notification to company but no news. Jobline told me is usually 3 months before expiry will inform...

But I check with my RO, she can't give me answer cause she also dunno my outcome..
Seems like it's not her call, headcount or budget or something.

Oh well time to move on, work here for 4 years..
Time to start elsewhere from the bottom again.

Unregistered 19-02-2021 03:48 PM

Is it time to look for another job? Staying here doesn't look good as well, may lose my job anytime.

Unregistered 19-02-2021 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 156590)
Sure or not? My division different story le. Around 5 of them didn't get their contract renewed..
3 was during the CB breaker Stay home period... 2 was 2021 after phase 3...

Prospect not looking good
No new hire since 2020... But project deliverable timeline remains the same

Depend on the Division budget too. Your division probably not earning enough and they trying to cut cost and hence, never recontract staffs

Unregistered 19-02-2021 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 156592)
My contract also expiring 1st April. I checked with jobline they have already send notification to company but no news. Jobline told me is usually 3 months before expiry will inform...

But I check with my RO, she can't give me answer cause she also dunno my outcome..
Seems like it's not her call, headcount or budget or something.

Oh well time to move on, work here for 4 years..
Time to start elsewhere from the bottom again.

You can start looking for jobs, can try to look for senior executive roles since you already worked for 4 years.

Unregistered 19-02-2021 04:19 PM

yeah, quickly start looking for jobs