Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ST Electronics (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3060-st-electronics.html)

Unregistered 12-09-2023 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 255584)
This is so true! My side hired two sales managers from Land and Aero as Senior Engineers. They have 6-15 working experience. Both of them only know how to talk loudly (just to get attention) and paste a lot of engineering drawings on the walls and yet,they don't know the actual engineering stuff. 100% wayang gao gao. Always talking on the surface level and beat around the bush. Doing engineering works without using formulas and physics. Learnt everything from and always wear suit and tie to work.

Your side underpaid sia. My side the sales manager is either AVP or senior manager.
Senior engineer is not sales manager role. Even some division is assistant principal engineer.

Unregistered 13-09-2023 04:05 PM

Yes

Fresh grad E5. Earning 6.5k.

So sad going to hit the cpf ceiling in my first job.. Take home pay will be lower soon

Unregistered 14-09-2023 11:48 AM

Will st be more chill than ncs or more or less the same?

Unregistered 15-09-2023 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 255584)
This is so true! My side hired two sales managers from Land and Aero as Senior Engineers. They have 6-15 working experience. Both of them only know how to talk loudly (just to get attention) and paste a lot of engineering drawings on the walls and yet,they don't know the actual engineering stuff. 100% wayang gao gao. Always talking on the surface level and beat around the bush. Doing engineering works without using formulas and physics. Learnt everything from and always wear suit and tie to work.

Exactly. The culture there is to work loud, not work hard. The louder one is and the more complaints one has, probability of promotion is way higher.

Unregistered 15-09-2023 06:30 PM

Got the offer as M2 manager @9k

Hows the bonus?

The environment seems very toxic.

Unregistered 16-09-2023 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 255956)

Hows the bonus?

wow me getting almost 2k lesser with M2 despite 15 years exp with ST.........need MAJOR salary adjustment to existing staff man....-_-"

Unregistered 16-09-2023 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 255976)
wow me getting almost 2k lesser with M2 despite 15 years exp with ST.........need MAJOR salary adjustment to existing staff man....-_-"

what to do toxic workplace.

Unregistered 16-09-2023 09:32 PM

Anyone know is it ok to bring personal laptop for interview?

Unregistered 18-09-2023 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 255956)

Hows the bonus?

You how many YOE? M2 is principal engineer?

Unregistered 24-09-2023 11:47 PM

anyone know when does the appraisal cycle start this year? 1st week of Oct?

Unregistered 26-09-2023 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 256668)
anyone know when does the appraisal cycle start this year? 1st week of Oct?

Self assessment from 25 Sep onwards

Unregistered 29-09-2023 05:06 PM

unappreciated.

Hi guys, i have been with STE for 9 years. Came with as an E5 with a degree(hons). Was employed to assist the team on one system which was tendered from NEA.

Along the years, more projects were tendered and acquired. Currently, we have 8 systems on hand. From 1 system to 8 systems; I was involved in the implementation and commissioning of the systems and then maintenance of the systems doing standbys and office hours.

In these 9 years, i am not even promoted once. My manager was promoted to M1 after 13 years in service. Another colleague got promoted to E6 after his 8th year. Every year, i was given false hope by my boss thinking i might get promoted the following year.

The reasons given by him on the 'no promotion' is that, i did not take up roles that was offered by him and my pay is the highest among the team (i can imagine how low my other colleagues are getting). My reason for turning down is, i believed i did a lot after all these years, why should i do even more when i was not even offered anything in the first place, my position is merely an E6, im not even asking for a M1. I was also stupid enough to turn down an MNC who headhunted me on linkedin with a 50% pay rise. How much money have i lugi now if i had got promoted years ago.

brothers, do u feel me?

Unregistered 30-09-2023 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 257087)
Hi guys, i have been with STE for 9 years. Came with as an E5 with a degree(hons). Was employed to assist the team on one system which was tendered from NEA.

Along the years, more projects were tendered and acquired. Currently, we have 8 systems on hand. From 1 system to 8 systems; I was involved in the implementation and commissioning of the systems and then maintenance of the systems doing standbys and office hours.

In these 9 years, i am not even promoted once. My manager was promoted to M1 after 13 years in service. Another colleague got promoted to E6 after his 8th year. Every year, i was given false hope by my boss thinking i might get promoted the following year.

The reasons given by him on the 'no promotion' is that, i did not take up roles that was offered by him and my pay is the highest among the team (i can imagine how low my other colleagues are getting). My reason for turning down is, i believed i did a lot after all these years, why should i do even more when i was not even offered anything in the first place, my position is merely an E6, im not even asking for a M1. I was also stupid enough to turn down an MNC who headhunted me on linkedin with a 50% pay rise. How much money have i lugi now if i had got promoted years ago.

brothers, do u feel me?

then those scholars got promoted swiftly by sharing your credit 🐵

Unregistered 30-09-2023 01:06 PM

Quote:

brothers, do u feel me?

Feels for u.. maybe now u might want to keep a look out for other jobs

Unregistered 05-10-2023 06:08 PM

What grade does a diploma holder start with and how long will it take to go to the next grade?

Unregistered 05-10-2023 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 257565)
What grade does a diploma holder start with and how long will it take to go to the next grade?

Should be E4

Unregistered 06-10-2023 02:21 PM

Thanks. Can i know the pay range for E4?

Unregistered 07-10-2023 02:22 PM

fch getting high 5k for swe role, am I getting low balled?

Unregistered 07-10-2023 07:26 PM

Quote:

brothers, do u feel me?

You left out critical detail.....no promotion, but were there salary adjustments regularly?.....if promotion comes like once in 10 years, hard to believe people will stay without salary advancements...

Unregistered 09-10-2023 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 257658)
You left out critical detail.....no promotion, but were there salary adjustments regularly?.....if promotion comes like once in 10 years, hard to believe people will stay without salary advancements...

adjusted once. My increment is abt 2% yearly, thats ard $100. I stayed on bcos i love my job n work life balance. Partly also due to false hope given by my boss every year

Unregistered 09-10-2023 01:24 PM

Quote:

brothers, do u feel me?

M1 is hardly a manager, a team lead at best. On average ST promotion comes every 5-7 years unless you are already at M3 and above, or your superiors really like you.

ST increment is a joke these days. You should start looking for new opportunities. No need to rush but to start looking around.

Another thing to look out for. If your team is top-heavy (aka many M1/2 engineers) who are there for a long time, you can forget about promotion without exemplary performance.

Unregistered 09-10-2023 03:23 PM

Quote:

brothers, do u feel me?

I was E5 but doing some job scopes meant for M1 and M2 for years. That was not enough to justify my promotion back then. This showed how little the management knew about the ground situation. They were also reluctant to invest in technology and I took some of the blame for the status quo.

Unregistered 09-10-2023 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 257739)
adjusted once. My increment is abt 2% yearly, thats ard $100. I stayed on bcos i love my job n work life balance. Partly also due to false hope given by my boss every year

Adjusted once with increment....plus the covid years (i am not even from same industry, but i assume that you should feel fortunate to at least have a job)....then it is not so bad. IMHO, there is nothing wrong with being happy about your job, or always looking for the next best opportunity....it all depends on your values and priorities...

but since you are here, probably part of you might be reconsidering....anyway, you should take the time to think what you wanna do about the situation.....good luck to finding your path!

Unregistered 16-10-2023 08:00 AM

Performace Bonus how many months?

How many months bonus for band 2 and 1 for ST MSS and ST ANS

STE STAFF 24-10-2023 03:18 PM

Quote:

brothers, do u feel me?

Yeah bros, I think u r very "bodoh" not to take more role and also MNC offer you for 50% increment. I believe you are someone that only hang out in WBC or O2.

9 years no promotion and you still believe company? So naive..

Unregistered 24-10-2023 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 258243)
How many months bonus for band 2 and 1 for ST MSS and ST ANS

2.5-2.8x 11 chars

Unregistered 24-10-2023 07:31 PM

What is the maximum E5 salary for ST MSS now?

Unregistered 25-10-2023 10:48 PM

Do newbies get Increment in 2024?

Hi I joined in Janaury 2023, and did not receive any pay increment this year. Based on HR sharing is I will get my increment in January 2024. According to my boss is, will get agar 3%? Any advise?

feel free to brutally harsh

Unregistered 27-10-2023 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 258923)
Hi I joined in Janaury 2023, and did not receive any pay increment this year. Based on HR sharing is I will get my increment in January 2024. According to my boss is, will get agar 3%? Any advise?

feel free to brutally harsh

Are you on contract or perm? if on contract is 3% therabout

Unregistered 27-10-2023 06:40 PM

after the recent salary review, is ST still giving 14 months as standard? 12+AWS+bonus?

Unregistered 27-10-2023 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 259029)
Are you on contract or perm? if on contract is 3% therabout

Perm Staff, is it perm staff no increment :(

Unregistered 28-10-2023 08:18 AM

Fresh E5 pay

Got an offer of high 5k as a fresh grad, NUS second class, is it above market rate?

Unregistered 28-10-2023 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 259115)
Got an offer of high 5k as a fresh grad, NUS second class, is it above market rate?

High 5k so good, I work here 10 years, E5 still only 4K :( got degree also

Unregistered 28-10-2023 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 259124)
High 5k so good, I work here 10 years, E5 still only 4K :( got degree also

Is your degree local? If it is, they seriously need to do a major revamp on salary structure for executives with more than 1 YOE , based on the recent starting salary hike

Unregistered 28-10-2023 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 259115)

This E5 is what position?

Aviation?
Software?
??

Unregistered 29-10-2023 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 259140)
This E5 is what position?

Aviation?
Software?
??

Software developer.

xiaopangbronco 29-10-2023 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 259132)
Is your degree local? If it is, they seriously need to do a major revamp on salary structure for executives with more than 1 YOE , based on the recent starting salary hike

You can resign liao. Nowadays ste offer e5 for fresh grad starting pay 4.8k. If take into average 3pct increment just do one year already hit near 5k

Unregistered 30-10-2023 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xiaopangbronco (Post 259215)
You can resign liao. Nowadays ste offer e5 for fresh grad starting pay 4.8k. If take into average 3pct increment just do one year already hit near 5k

Can go out and come in again?

Unregistered 31-10-2023 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 259258)
Can go out and come in again?

Because cannot survive outside world ?

Unregistered 31-10-2023 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 259341)
Because cannot survive outside world ?

Can survive, but where to get incompetent people to compete with?