Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ST Electronics (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3060-st-electronics.html)

Unregistered 01-11-2023 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 257087)
Hi guys, i have been with STE for 9 years. Came with as an E5 with a degree(hons). Was employed to assist the team on one system which was tendered from NEA.

Along the years, more projects were tendered and acquired. Currently, we have 8 systems on hand. From 1 system to 8 systems; I was involved in the implementation and commissioning of the systems and then maintenance of the systems doing standbys and office hours.

In these 9 years, i am not even promoted once. My manager was promoted to M1 after 13 years in service. Another colleague got promoted to E6 after his 8th year. Every year, i was given false hope by my boss thinking i might get promoted the following year.

The reasons given by him on the 'no promotion' is that, i did not take up roles that was offered by him and my pay is the highest among the team (i can imagine how low my other colleagues are getting). My reason for turning down is, i believed i did a lot after all these years, why should i do even more when i was not even offered anything in the first place, my position is merely an E6, im not even asking for a M1. I was also stupid enough to turn down an MNC who headhunted me on linkedin with a 50% pay rise. How much money have i lugi now if i had got promoted years ago.

brothers, do u feel me?

Just start taking suspicious leave. There was one time I took leave because I was just too stressed out at work and my boss immediately gave me a raise because he thought I was going for interview elsewhere.

Unregistered 02-11-2023 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 259124)
High 5k so good, I work here 10 years, E5 still only 4K :( got degree also

I joined about 2 years ago with starting salary of 4k. In July last year got salary revised to 4.8k, also E5 . You no promotion?

Unregistered 03-11-2023 12:57 AM

You need a good blessing(boss) , if you are good, asking for adjustment should be easy. I was a E5 3.9k . I am now a E6 with and got my pay adjusted. Now drawing 5k.

Unregistered 04-11-2023 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 259574)
You need a good blessing(boss) , if you are good, asking for adjustment should be easy. I was a E5 3.9k . I am now a E6 with and got my pay adjusted. Now drawing 5k.

nowadays new hire E6 drawing 6k-7k
new hire E5 drawing 5.2k

Unregistered 05-11-2023 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 259685)
nowadays new hire E6 drawing 6k-7k
new hire E5 drawing 5.2k

Diploma holder. 6YOE. This is my 3rd year in ST. I got the revision and promotion last year, this year E6 most likely C grade nia

Unregistered 07-11-2023 10:14 PM

It is a good pay for diploma holder tbh. Not everyone as lucky as you. It took me 7 years working in ST , got a 2 promotion. Now E6 as well. But 4.5k.

Unregistered 08-11-2023 10:55 AM

uol fch here, getting e5 with 5k offer, HR trying to lowball me?

Unregistered 08-11-2023 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 259996)

I’m not from STE but currently working in one of STE closest competitor. Can definitely says you had been lowball real hard. Similar fch UOL here and my start pay was 5.8k. The HR told me this amount is normally reserved for fch from prestigious institutions. You definitely deserve more than this. 5k to my company is usually reserve for those 2nd lower or 3rd class grads from Nus/ntu

Unregistered 08-11-2023 12:12 PM

Quote:

Just 6-7 years ago E5 in some divisions was only worth $3000-$3200. It's amazing how fast the salary climbs.

Unregistered 09-11-2023 02:37 PM

Salary climbs for a newcomer, not for old birds. me M1 old bird. stuck at 6k......

Unregistered 09-11-2023 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260067)
Salary climbs for a newcomer, not for old birds. me M1 old bird. stuck at 6k......

I left 6 years ago with M1 grade $6K+. Now, my salary is almost doubled with 3 hops.

Unregistered 09-11-2023 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260067)

how old is your old? 10 years there since grad?

Unregistered 09-11-2023 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260076)
I left 6 years ago with M1 grade $6K+. Now, my salary is almost doubled with 3 hops.

Congrats! Did you jump to private sector? :)

Unregistered 09-11-2023 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260079)
Congrats! Did you jump to private sector? :)

Private & semi-govt sectors. I left ST and subsequent jobs without first securing another job in advance, but I still took the risk.

Unregistered 11-11-2023 01:00 AM

Quote:

Low if compared to other new E5, but high if compared to lao jiao. Prepare to do all the job as the disgruntled lao jiao m1 m2 with nowhere to go will just push all the job to you.

Unregistered 11-11-2023 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260166)
Low if compared to other new E5, but high if compared to lao jiao. Prepare to do all the job as the disgruntled lao jiao m1 m2 with nowhere to go will just push all the job to you.

then we just die tgt, i dm. the lan jiao mostly from priv unis. they got no place to go and will hum ji one.

Unregistered 12-11-2023 08:47 PM

Is my Division Manager useless?

My division manager keeps talking about his experience in STE and kept sharing his "valuable experience". Share about division finances say that we are in a good shape to expand, got headcount to hire more people etc. When I asked about my pay increment, he straight say pay and salary is considered Private and Confidential.

If your division is doing so well, what's so difficult about increasing your employees pay.

Someone had bronchitis, and you offered them division funds to buy air purifier.

Pay increment in STE is like never happening.

xiaopangbronco 12-11-2023 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260269)
My division manager keeps talking about his experience in STE and kept sharing his "valuable experience". Share about division finances say that we are in a good shape to expand, got headcount to hire more people etc. When I asked about my pay increment, he straight say pay and salary is considered Private and Confidential.

If your division is doing so well, what's so difficult about increasing your employees pay.

Someone had bronchitis, and you offered them division funds to buy air purifier.

Pay increment in STE is like never happening.

I was once in a lift with 2 SVP. They were talking about how reliable this old lift we are taking hardly breaks down and complaint, willing to work the extra mile without asking for pay increment and bonuses every time. After coming out of the lift, I know then this company is all about the top getting their high pay cheque and letting the bottom die for themselves. I remember my division manager saying no one is unreplacable. You want to go you can go. And when some m1 resigns, they even say out in the division meeting they could easily find a replacement.

Unregistered 13-11-2023 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xiaopangbronco (Post 260272)
I was once in a lift with 2 SVP. They were talking about how reliable this old lift we are taking hardly breaks down and complaint, willing to work the extra mile without asking for pay increment and bonuses every time. After coming out of the lift, I know then this company is all about the top getting their high pay cheque and letting the bottom die for themselves. I remember my division manager saying no one is unreplacable. You want to go you can go. And when some m1 resigns, they even say out in the division meeting they could easily find a replacement.

they can say this is because quality is not important to them.

Unregistered 13-11-2023 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260305)
they can say this is because quality is not important to them.

Yeah, I think STE is missing out that valuable employees tend to leave because they are not rewarded for their good quality.

Currently looking at new job opportunities since I am not given my increment.

Unregistered 13-11-2023 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260314)
Yeah, I think STE is missing out that valuable employees tend to leave because they are not rewarded for their good quality.

Currently looking at new job opportunities since I am not given my increment.

It is always an irony when a new guy could join as E6 with 1-2 years experience but old employee needs to achieve band 2 for consecutive 3 years for promotion :)

Unregistered 14-11-2023 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260076)

I joined ST 6 years ago with M1 grade 6k+ Now my salary also more than doubled. ST IS DA BEST!

Unregistered 14-11-2023 11:25 PM

Good luck to STE. A company that was once shining so brightly, but dying off slowly right now.
The only way to improve it is to start from the top. Change all at once. All those VP,AVP,SVP,Directors must go.

Unregistered 16-11-2023 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260413)
Good luck to STE. A company that was once shining so brightly, but dying off slowly right now.
The only way to improve it is to start from the top. Change all at once. All those VP,AVP,SVP,Directors must go.

why do it the hard way? you can simply set up your own company and make sure you don’t hire deadweight can already right?

Unregistered 16-11-2023 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260413)

You are mistaken. All the VPs, AVPs, SVP, EVPs are the outcome indicators of their most successful product delivered to the govt, which is known as the retirement package.

Unregistered 16-11-2023 10:40 AM

Is there anything ST developed is successful?

Unregistered 16-11-2023 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260524)

Their most successful product is known as retirement village. It’s a place where retired and uniformed folks get parachuted to lead engineering functions at a salary higher than their combat pay and risk allowance. Most of them are kept happy there as their pay package is very value for money especially for the effort they need to put in. We need to think it positively that ST is doing a good job keeping most of them there, imagine the consequences if these people end up in the private sector or some public sectors. U may take a look at IMDA thread and see why it is important for ST to do well in their most successful product.

Unregistered 16-11-2023 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260524)

ST is only a System Integrator, putting together commercial available products and call it their solution. Some Engineering Managers in certain BU focus their energy vetting documents for spelling mistakes and formatting rather than actually looking into solutions for current technical issue which the customer is already very unhappy about.

Unregistered 17-11-2023 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260559)
ST is only a System Integrator, putting together commercial available products and call it their solution. Some Engineering Managers in certain BU focus their energy vetting documents for spelling mistakes and formatting rather than actually looking into solutions for current technical issue which the customer is already very unhappy about.

it’s a better idea to learn what products ST customer is unhappy about, quit, set up your own company make and sell it back to ST for sky high margin.

also good to show end customer, they have ways to make ST heel.

Unregistered 24-11-2023 10:52 AM

Got offered 4.7k E6. Land Systems. Same line of work for 7 years. Advance Diploma. Should i take? Currently drawing 4.2

Unregistered 25-11-2023 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 261302)
Got offered 4.7k E6. Land Systems. Same line of work for 7 years. Advance Diploma. Should i take? Currently drawing 4.2

What a pity...

Unregistered 01-12-2023 11:53 AM

why pity? let him take it. then watch him complain. diploma holder stay out. increment is 100 plus a year promotion 200 plus. pathetic. come back after 50 yo. then can eat snake till retirement

Unregistered 01-12-2023 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 262012)
why pity? let him take it. then watch him complain. diploma holder stay out. increment is 100 plus a year promotion 200 plus. pathetic. come back after 50 yo. then can eat snake till retirement

simi increment $100, don't spread fake news, I usually see $1-$10 only. tech some more.

Unregistered 03-12-2023 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 262092)
simi increment $100, don't spread fake news, I usually see $1-$10 only. tech some more.

That's for those who started high. 4.7k is a low to lower decent pay. 100 plus is more or less the minimum they should give. Or pray you have a good boss who adjust your pay to your contribution if you are good enough , make sure you are not a green uniform personnel.

Unregistered 04-12-2023 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 262175)
That's for those who started high. 4.7k is a low to lower decent pay. 100 plus is more or less the minimum they should give. Or pray you have a good boss who adjust your pay to your contribution if you are good enough , make sure you are not a green uniform personnel.

uncle 4.7k is high for diploma holder already. 4.7k is then too lower for fresh graduates.
Anyway, I lao jiao also keep getting **** increment every year, no wonder ppl wanna leave.

Unregistered 08-12-2023 12:20 AM

My boss keep hiring people who can’t work, yet he keep making me do their work then he tell my team in a hush hush manner say I want to leave in April 2024 after bonus. Toxic or Is he concerned that he lose me

Unregistered 08-12-2023 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 262541)
My boss keep hiring people who can’t work, yet he keep making me do their work then he tell my team in a hush hush manner say I want to leave in April 2024 after bonus. Toxic or Is he concerned that he lose me

he's not toxic, and neither is he concerned about your well being.

he is one of those yishun siao langs. you better start looking for other jobs right now.

Unregistered 08-12-2023 10:15 PM

100 increment? Most people only get two digits increment...

Unregistered 10-12-2023 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 262569)
he's not toxic, and neither is he concerned about your well being.

he is one of those yishun siao langs. you better start looking for other jobs right now.

Thanks for the wake up call!. Can't help but agree with you

Unregistered 10-12-2023 01:14 PM

My manager works in ST for 20+ years, his salary is about 8.5K ( I saw his pay slip accidentally). He is happy with ST as he can come in at 10 AM and leave at 5 PM, spend 2 hrs for lunch, and 1 hr for tea break.