Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ST Electronics (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3060-st-electronics.html)

Unregistered 10-01-2024 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 265005)
Not everyone work for the money, ok? The higher pay means more workload (OT & Fast-peace)

ST is famous for its slavery culture for engineers, force OT and low pay. The work life balance is for jlb management. Eventually you will have to work day and night due to your incompetent diploma colleagues that could not complete his work on time. Or SIM graduate :(

Unregistered 10-01-2024 10:00 PM

Bonus and Increment

When payout for increment and bonus for st?

Unregistered 11-01-2024 11:06 AM

Bonus and increment 2024

Bonus is always paid out in March , increment or pay adjustment is done in July.

Anybody got info of how much will bonus be this year ?

Unregistered 11-01-2024 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 265297)
ST is famous for its slavery culture for engineers, force OT and low pay. The work life balance is for jlb management. Eventually you will have to work day and night due to your incompetent diploma colleagues that could not complete his work on time. Or SIM graduate :(

of cuz I don't wanna do work, your rank is lower than mine, but your fresh graduate pay offered is higher than mine. you can jolly well do the work that I pass to you. It's my lao jiao privilege.

Unregistered 11-01-2024 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 265297)

All the newbie engineers that go into ST are all from the second or third-tier unis. No one from NUS/NTU.

When it comes to hardcore math, science and engineering, all fail. But they are not all that useless. Writing end user "x for dummies" kind of documentation still can barely make it.

Actually it's a very sad thing. China can do a lot better than us, including systems integration. We are only translator and sticker paster nia. And some of the better 'translators' are PRCs or Taiwanese.

Unregistered 12-01-2024 01:15 PM

Depends on your department ba... mine got MIT grad and NTU grad fresh hired

Jlb dept attracts Jlbs

Unregistered 12-01-2024 04:54 PM

Anyone tio salary review for this yr yet?

Unregistered 12-01-2024 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 265424)

Jlb dept attracts Jlbs

the mit grad will quit within 3 months, the ntu grad will quit within a year... unless the fellow really got some thing wrong.

happened in ST and many other stat boards before. then the PM no choice have to 面对现实 and choose the person who is not that beh kan but not that good either. most important is that he will stay long enough to close project and not give him extra headaches with turnover.

all the depts are the same lar.

Unregistered 13-01-2024 12:12 PM

Quote:

Jlb dept attracts Jlbs

Can’t agree more on jlb attract more jlb.

Really no end to retirees coming in each year. Because of MINDEF over hiring and selling their awesome leadership propaganda, so many stat boards and GLCs now have to bear their hiring mistakes made 30 years ago.

Unregistered 13-01-2024 01:19 PM

Quote:

Jlb dept attracts Jlbs

Every year so many NTU grads, some are good some are bad, so nothing special about it. The MIT grad probably is bonded for 6 years, so no choice.

Unregistered 13-01-2024 01:37 PM

Tiagong lower ranked employees getting a few percent special increment due to gst

Unregistered 13-01-2024 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 265498)
Every year so many NTU grads, some are good some are bad, so nothing special about it. The MIT grad probably is bonded for 6 years, so no choice.

want to bet he or she will join some banking/investment firm that will buy out the bond + additional sign on bonus?

then someone in parliament will complain about bond breakers again.

Unregistered 14-01-2024 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 265512)
want to bet he or she will join some banking/investment firm that will buy out the bond + additional sign on bonus?

then someone in parliament will complain about bond breakers again.

Paste his or her LinkedIn.

Unregistered 14-01-2024 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 265572)
Paste his or her LinkedIn.

Oh please, you want to follow PY's example to name and shame and demand MP resignation issit?

They think they won a great moral battle but instead accelerated the brain drain within govt. but of course, never admit mistake, always think ownself always right. ya ya ya...

Unregistered 15-01-2024 03:22 PM

Performance grade out already.
Comments all good one. But grade lower than usual.
Is this normal? I ask my boss he say don't worry because the grade is streamlined across the board so he had no final say?

Got such thing one meh? But he got promoted last year.

Work so hard for what? Everyday OT but this kind of grade.
Means another year or low increment and no chance of promotion.

Unregistered 15-01-2024 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 265623)
Is this normal? I ask my boss he say don't worry because the grade is streamlined across the board so he had no final say?

Those colleagues who don't OT, come late also same grade.
Then work so hard for what? Perform for what?

Unregistered 15-01-2024 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 265591)
Oh please, you want to follow PY's example to name and shame and demand MP resignation issit?

They think they won a great moral battle but instead accelerated the brain drain within govt. but of course, never admit mistake, always think ownself always right. ya ya ya...

ST is not government board at all. There are certainly few MIT grad in ST as there are around 20k employees, however, the ratio is just extremely low and doesn't seem there is any "fresh" MIT graduate at the moment.

Unregistered 15-01-2024 05:12 PM

The second or third tier university students , even though a tad lower than nus ntu are still outperforming their managers. My department has a SIT grad that is more knowledgeable than his manager who is there for the past 10 years being parachuted in.

Unregistered 15-01-2024 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 265632)
The second or third tier university students , even though a tad lower than nus ntu are still outperforming their managers. My department has a SIT grad that is more knowledgeable than his manager who is there for the past 10 years being parachuted in.

Your manager will still earn more than you.
And do less than you.

Enjoy being the smartest and lowest paid. *smiley face*

Unregistered 16-01-2024 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 265623)

you can work very hard and OT every day, but how much did you really contribute to the end result? I had ST colleagues who OT for a whole week stuck on a problem that I solved in half a day. You can say maybe the management recognise the effort of the people who spend more time on the problem, but if you are the talented one do you really want to stay? some more these people seldom acknowledge the help that I give. maybe plagarism and copy homework culture? who knows.

anyway promotion like your acad grades are also subject to the bell curve in large organizations. and because they are tied to promotions (eg. like have to have certain good grades in a row before promotion they are strictly rationed). stat board and glcs follows a rather conservative seniority and connections based glass ceiling.

Unregistered 16-01-2024 06:02 AM

Quote:

I never said all grads from first-tier universities are all good. I have met my fair share of NUS/NTU first class honors who are a bit wonky. eg. they will get into a fight with the customer or use no EQ words to express themselves. Some believe that they are still in the army or academia and never made the transition completely. But it is a minority.

but we must always recognize the power of math and statistics, and yes - the truth of the bell curve. you might have your very dramatic and tragic lived experience because it has appeared in 联合晚报 (RIP), but it is just one point in the sample of billions.

Unregistered 16-01-2024 08:00 AM

Bonus month & increment %?

Who has any estimation for ST Eng (M&s and ANS) on VB and increment %? (Eg; band1, 2 & 3)

Unregistered 16-01-2024 08:33 AM

Young mjnd

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 265685)
you can work very hard and OT every day, but how much did you really contribute to the end result? I had ST colleagues who OT for a whole week stuck on a problem that I solved in half a day. You can say maybe the management recognise the effort of the people who spend more time on the problem, but if you are the talented one do you really want to stay? some more these people seldom acknowledge the help that I give. maybe plagarism and copy homework culture? who knows.

anyway promotion like your acad grades are also subject to the bell curve in large organizations. and because they are tied to promotions (eg. like have to have certain good grades in a row before promotion they are strictly rationed). stat board and glcs follows a rather conservative seniority and connections based glass ceiling.

You solve the problem half a day then means company don't really need to hire you fill time.
Should just pay you part time pay, hourly wage and since you finished it in 4 hours half a day... You get paid so little.

Stupid.

While your colleague milked the company for OT and "busy" at work for management so when come to performance appraisal, it's the overworked busy OT colleague who is visible. Not you..

Cause you only work half a day and spent the rest of your working hours on forums..
Hahaha

Unregistered 16-01-2024 12:05 PM

Best Division / BU for Software Fresh Grad

Any idea where in ST is the best to start as a software engineer? Any idea how the fresh grad salary is like?

Unregistered 16-01-2024 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 265700)
Any idea where in ST is the best to start as a software engineer? Any idea how the fresh grad salary is like?

Could be close to 6k.

Unregistered 16-01-2024 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 265716)
Could be close to 6k.

But no 13th month, max 1 month PB, no more RSU, 16 days AL.

Beware!

Unregistered 16-01-2024 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 265691)
You solve the problem half a day then means company don't really need to hire you fill time.
Should just pay you part time pay, hourly wage and since you finished it in 4 hours half a day... You get paid so little.

Stupid.

While your colleague milked the company for OT and "busy" at work for management so when come to performance appraisal, it's the overworked busy OT colleague who is visible. Not you..

Cause you only work half a day and spent the rest of your working hours on forums..
Hahaha

yes. that's what happened. and then that biz division sank into a new level of mediocrity.
lost all the core technologies, only can do superficial UI customization.
all attempts at copying competition failed becaue too expensive and quality lousy.

now basically surviving on one one govt legacy project.

you can't fix mediocre management with rockstar engineers. that's why I left.

Unregistered 17-01-2024 12:24 PM

At ST, OT is more valued than efficiency as the manager just want to show his power. Typical Chinaman company...

Unregistered 17-01-2024 04:08 PM

4 month pb for highest rating tier this year?

Unregistered 17-01-2024 04:18 PM

Quote:

GES don't lie that much, SIT grads are getting very high participation rates for the GES, much higher than NUS/NTU. Their pay is lower than NUS but some courses already have higher median salaries compared to NTU already. Whatever they are doing works imho.

Unregistered 17-01-2024 11:50 PM

Hell, at the rate they are going. They might struggle to even attract diploma holders. Their HR are a bunch of jokers. Even the mediocrity wins them by miles

Unregistered 18-01-2024 12:05 AM

so when is the "so called" wage adjustment?, excluding the usual July annual increment.

last wage adjustment for myself in ST Aero in Jan2023

Unregistered 18-01-2024 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 265865)
so when is the "so called" wage adjustment?, excluding the usual July annual increment.

last wage adjustment for myself in ST Aero in Jan2023

afaik, wage adjustment is not something that is mandatory across the board, unless you are those extreme low wage earners (think security guard, cleaners) whose wages are monitored by govt.

i got my wage adjustment when i just randomly took a day leave because I was too stressed out at work. my PM thought I was attending job interview outside (he didn't say outright but didn't believe that I just wanted a break) and a few days later i got my "wage adjustment".

if people don't want you and don't mind if you quit, why would they bother with it? need to do extra paperwork and justification you know.

Unregistered 19-01-2024 07:27 PM

How’s the increment for July looking ?

Also, is it a red flag if my division is hiring actively?

Unregistered 20-01-2024 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 265988)
Also, is it a red flag if my division is hiring actively?

If you're worried about job, ST won't hire people then fire people. They will fire people first then hire people.

But most likely is got big job come in and they have the justification to hire more headcount.

Unregistered 28-01-2024 06:54 AM

Hi laojiao in ST, is C+ Grader consider middle band of the bell curve?

Unregistered 28-01-2024 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 266715)
Hi laojiao in ST, is C+ Grader consider middle band of the bell curve?

C+ is Band 2 now.

Unregistered 28-01-2024 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 266723)
C+ is Band 2 now.

Left ST for quite awhile, got band 2 and band 1 through the years.

Unregistered 30-01-2024 08:32 AM

What are the bands now? 1,2 and 3 only?

Unregistered 30-01-2024 02:28 PM

What mean in band?? How about E5