Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ST Electronics (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3060-st-electronics.html)

Unregistered 16-10-2022 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 232715)
Different BU different law.

Plus it Possible ar, there is alway the ITE and poly hire, which their rank might cap at senior engineer. So the company just give them annual increment lor.

But whether go 9k, I dun really believe. If you join 15 year ago, even a degree holder is around 2.5-2.9k. That mean you had a 6k plus increment for 15 yr. Normally st traditional increment is 2 digit lain the past. How you get that 6 k increment.

Cfm talk cock lah. E6 9K? only gullible people will believe. ST increment is v v slow, even with promotion.

Unregistered 17-10-2022 07:48 AM

Happy

Why cannot?
I have a M1 colleague in 2019.
Promoted to M2 in 2020 during Covid-19 pay salary freeze. He complained that getting promotion that year sucks.
Then 2022 this Oct he was promoted to M3 senior manager, complained that he is promoted too fast so the salary range is very low.

Me and my other colleagues E6 (for 6 years +++ no promotion) is so sick and tired of listening to people who promoted complain that their promotion doesn't feel like promotion.

We all have either started to go lunch super early or super late to avoid him.
Basically my colleague said. E6 eat cheap canteen lunch, can't afford to eat with M3 drive outside shopping centre price lunch la..

Unregistered 17-10-2022 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 232790)
Why cannot?
I have a M1 colleague in 2019.
Promoted to M2 in 2020 during Covid-19 pay salary freeze. He complained that getting promotion that year sucks.
Then 2022 this Oct he was promoted to M3 senior manager, complained that he is promoted too fast so the salary range is very low.

Me and my other colleagues E6 (for 6 years +++ no promotion) is so sick and tired of listening to people who promoted complain that their promotion doesn't feel like promotion.

We all have either started to go lunch super early or super late to avoid him.
Basically my colleague said. E6 eat cheap canteen lunch, can't afford to eat with M3 drive outside shopping centre price lunch la..

M-graders in ST like to say that they are poorly paid or just plain poor.

Unregistered 17-10-2022 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 232810)
M-graders in ST like to say that they are poorly paid or just plain poor.

whats the range for m3

Unregistered 17-10-2022 01:57 PM

Management lousy

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 232815)
whats the range for m3

12k to 15k.
There is only 1 or 2 M3 per division if I'm not wrong.

Unregistered 17-10-2022 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 232817)
12k to 15k.
There is only 1 or 2 M3 per division if I'm not wrong.

my friend recent go M3 only high 7k nia. my boss M3 low 8k nia...

Unregistered 18-10-2022 11:55 AM

Sad company

Don't join this company, the staff all one kind attitude one.

Example. Contractor come to renovate office.
Department admin purposely lock the door don't let the contractor come in.

Contractor sit outside call the person in charge. The person in charge call another department admin.
The other department admin come tell the admin to unlock the door, she has to let the contractor go in.

The admin said something like "if anything happens, will you be responsible?"

Alot of push here push there. All cannot work together.
All just care about their own pathetic kpi.
Like this is the only job they can work at.

Its sad really seeing the old worker here.
Desperate. Underpaid.
Admin also can have so many office politics. Engineers also. Managers also.
Everyone look after themselves only.

Unregistered 19-10-2022 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 232877)
Don't join this company, the staff all one kind attitude one.

Example. Contractor come to renovate office.
Department admin purposely lock the door don't let the contractor come in.

Contractor sit outside call the person in charge. The person in charge call another department admin.
The other department admin come tell the admin to unlock the door, she has to let the contractor go in.

The admin said something like "if anything happens, will you be responsible?"

Alot of push here push there. All cannot work together.
All just care about their own pathetic kpi.
Like this is the only job they can work at.

Its sad really seeing the old worker here.
Desperate. Underpaid.
Admin also can have so many office politics. Engineers also. Managers also.
Everyone look after themselves only.

Some admins their power seemingly bigger than the managers around, especially those working directly under division heads and higher.

Unregistered 27-10-2022 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 232839)
my friend recent go M3 only high 7k nia. my boss M3 low 8k nia...

E6 already 9k
What weed you smoking?the Work culture is very good. I think the competence level is high. I get guidance.

Unregistered 29-10-2022 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 233557)
E6 already 9k
What weed you smoking?the Work culture is very good. I think the competence level is high. I get guidance.

u which company? ST as in Singtel ah?

Unregistered 30-10-2022 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 233697)
u which company? ST as in Singtel ah?

I think both are as good

Unregistered 02-11-2022 01:13 AM

Performance Bonus next year

Can I ask when is the performance bonus next year? I just joined about 5 months as a fresh grad and am already planning to leave after getting the performance bonus... Lol

Unregistered 02-11-2022 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 233977)
Can I ask when is the performance bonus next year? I just joined about 5 months as a fresh grad and am already planning to leave after getting the performance bonus... Lol

Why thinking of leaving? Which st are u working in? St electronic or land systems?

Unregistered 02-11-2022 09:50 AM

Quote:

Why do you want to leave? Easy life, so relax everyday canteen break do nothing and collect pay.

Unregistered 02-11-2022 11:51 AM

Quote:

Not sure about now, but for perm staff it used to be around end of FY, for outsourced staff it's end of contract.

Unregistered 02-11-2022 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 233999)
Why do you want to leave? Easy life, so relax everyday canteen break do nothing and collect pay.

Lolll maybe for other older workers or people at the right positions.. But mine isn't thaat easy.. I was supposed to do maintenance for 2 mobile apps while my other colleague do it for a web frontend n backend, but now my colleague got dragged into another proj to save fire and I'm left alone to man all 4 codes and deployment until next year march?? Like wtf. That's not fair man.
Idk how other companies are like out there, maybe cus I'm new I dunno if this is the norm, but I just feel like this is a bit too much to throw to a newbie no?
Tempted to just fk it and leave now, but there's really no backups for me and I dw to be a dick and leave my clients n senior to die, because they are nice to work with, but I just really feel damn sian here after this.

Unregistered 02-11-2022 02:54 PM

Haha

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 234027)
Lolll maybe for other older workers or people at the right positions.. But mine isn't thaat easy.. I was supposed to do maintenance for 2 mobile apps while my other colleague do it for a web frontend n backend, but now my colleague got dragged into another proj to save fire and I'm left alone to man all 4 codes and deployment until next year march?? Like wtf. That's not fair man.
Idk how other companies are like out there, maybe cus I'm new I dunno if this is the norm, but I just feel like this is a bit too much to throw to a newbie no?
Tempted to just fk it and leave now, but there's really no backups for me and I dw to be a dick and leave my clients n senior to die, because they are nice to work with, but I just really feel damn sian here after this.

Software fresh grad ask high pay 5k but can't do ****
That's the reality here. So seniors just throw everything to you while the seniors promoted to "managerial" role. Easy life. Say a few words done. Get out quick. ST is full of managers who don't really do much.

People who do work all quit left and right. So the one who left behind are those useless one.
Your RO etc are probably clueless about software. I think I know which team you are. The head is not from software one right... Some old timer who been with ST for quite sometime high flyer one right...

I know already.

Unregistered 02-11-2022 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 234027)

Haha then when you tell your RO you need help... They will hire a M1 to help you by asking you what is the progress update every month....... When you ask the M1 for some technical guidance, he dunno.

Unregistered 02-11-2022 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 234029)
Software fresh grad ask high pay 5k but can't do ****
That's the reality here. So seniors just throw everything to you while the seniors promoted to "managerial" role. Easy life. Say a few words done. Get out quick. ST is full of managers who don't really do much.

People who do work all quit left and right. So the one who left behind are those useless one.
Your RO etc are probably clueless about software. I think I know which team you are. The head is not from software one right... Some old timer who been with ST for quite sometime high flyer one right...

I know already.

Oooof ****, first time posting here. What is said here stays here right? Haha
But tbh Idk much about them, I don't want to know also. I just want to do my job well, learn then leave next year liao. Any idea how long after getting bonus before I can tender? Lol

Unregistered 03-11-2022 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 234063)
Oooof ****, first time posting here. What is said here stays here right? Haha
But tbh Idk much about them, I don't want to know also. I just want to do my job well, learn then leave next year liao. Any idea how long after getting bonus before I can tender? Lol

are you a guy or a girl lolol

Unregistered 06-11-2022 05:03 PM

Quote:

Should be next year feb or mar.

Anyway i also plan on leaving after getting my PB.

If you can get a better external opportunity, don’t wait for PB. Just leave. You might feel your PB is wasted but the opportunity cost is huge compared to forsaking your PB.

Unregistered 08-11-2022 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 234328)

If you can get a better external opportunity, don’t wait for PB. Just leave. You might feel your PB is wasted but the opportunity cost is huge compared to forsaking your PB.

Thank you!

Unregistered 09-11-2022 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 234328)

Wise advice.

Unregistered 10-11-2022 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 234031)
Haha then when you tell your RO you need help... They will hire a M1 to help you by asking you what is the progress update every month....... When you ask the M1 for some technical guidance, he dunno.

Seriously... what is the type of competence level in ST??

Unregistered 11-11-2022 01:30 PM

Fail

ST inverted pyramid ma.
3 E5/E6 will have 6 M1
Followed by 10 M2 and 12 M3 there

Unregistered 14-11-2022 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 234663)
ST inverted pyramid ma.
3 E5/E6 will have 6 M1
Followed by 10 M2 and 12 M3 there

That's true. The team I was in had 3 M3, 3 M2, 2 M1, 1 E6 and 2 E5.

This kind of structure how to progress?

Unregistered 14-11-2022 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 234823)
That's true. The team I was in had 3 M3, 3 M2, 2 M1, 1 E6 and 2 E5.

This kind of structure how to progress?

Why do you even want to join ST in the first place?

Unregistered 15-11-2022 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 234837)

Because they offered M3 mah. Lol. Free money why don't take?

Unregistered 17-11-2022 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 234907)
Because they offered M3 mah. Lol. Free money why don't take?

Thinking of joining ST after I graduate. Do you think your skillsets developed in ST is able to provide you a competitive edge to stay relevant in the market?

Unregistered 18-11-2022 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 235027)
Thinking of joining ST after I graduate. Do you think your skillsets developed in ST is able to provide you a competitive edge to stay relevant in the market?

Yes for sure. Intense training of Canteen skills, how to order kopi siu dai bing and char siew bao at Level 5 canteen etc. Definitely gives you an edge over others and stay relevant in this "market".

Unregistered 18-11-2022 02:42 AM

joined ST as an engineer. Rush to wait, wait to rush. Nothing to do at times. went to office for 3months without laptop already.

Unregistered 19-11-2022 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 235094)
Yes for sure. Intense training of Canteen skills, how to order kopi siu dai bing and char siew bao at Level 5 canteen etc. Definitely gives you an edge over others and stay relevant in this "market".

Please be serious don't joke.

Unregistered 21-11-2022 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 235225)
Please be serious don't joke.

Which part do I sound like joking to you? You are the joke asking this type of question in ST Electronics thread.

Unregistered 21-11-2022 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 235094)

Really ah? ST so incompetent one?

Unregistered 23-11-2022 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 234837)

Was in a worse SME. Early days of ST still bearable under the old top management. At least increment was OK. Once the top management changed, everything else becomes mostly unbearable.

Advice for those who are looking to gain new skills often, or want to become jack of all trades, this place is not for you. Because many of their projects stretch for years, your skillset will be largely limited to what you are doing and might become too niche for the open market.

Your bosses might not want to send you for upgrading (read: expensive certification) courses because of this reason. Since you will be stuck using your current skillset for at least 4-5 years, why the need to go for training?

Unregistered 23-11-2022 01:07 PM

For current 2022 rate, how much should be offer for M2 rank with 14-15years relevant exp in ST? Is considering this offer

davidtanfour 25-11-2022 06:24 PM

Hi guys, Im a SIM UOW com sci fresh grad and looking to join ST Engineering as a Software Engineer. May I know what is the culture like there, and also how is the starting pay for fresh grads over there? Is it a good place to start a career as a SWE?

Unregistered 25-11-2022 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidtanfour (Post 235752)
Hi guys, Im a SIM UOW com sci fresh grad and looking to join ST Engineering as a Software Engineer. May I know what is the culture like there, and also how is the starting pay for fresh grads over there? Is it a good place to start a career as a SWE?

I thought alot ppl already post their comment eariler? In short, everyday in ST, I felt like go back to army camp, counting down my time to ord, evading arrow and chao keng from serious work.

Unregistered 27-11-2022 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidtanfour (Post 235752)

It's pretty low, but in general, it depends on which department you join. A super inefficient company, sometimes you got nothing to do for months. While sometimes you have to OT a lot. The good thing is their inability to attract local uni grads to join them, so quite of people are from private unis.

HmmmHi 20-12-2022 07:05 AM

Want to ask about STE pay for fresh grad

Understand that STE reorganised their pay and benefits. Can I ask what is the latest pay range for e5?

Cos there’s no AWS, so I’m not sure how the new pay range is calculated