Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ST Electronics (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3060-st-electronics.html)

Unregistered 07-07-2023 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 251793)
Which will not solve the issues of insufficient engineers.

There are no engineers working here. Just managers. During a recent townhall one of our engineer asked the senior management what is his advice for engineers to excel in this company. He said something along the line of don't be afraid to take risk. When opportunity comes, seize it.

Alot of our engineers resigned after that to seize better opportunity out there.
I guess our senior management are just as tone deaf as clueless.

No wonder alot of managers here have the same zombie yes sir attitude in front of boss and talk **** behind their back. It's so ugly.

Unregistered 10-07-2023 10:27 AM

Whats the expected increment for e5 to e6 this year?

Average increment this year is said to be 4 to 5 percent according to the news so 5 to 7 percent for the promotion?

Unregistered 10-07-2023 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 251943)
Whats the expected increment for e5 to e6 this year?

Average increment this year is said to be 4 to 5 percent according to the news so 5 to 7 percent for the promotion?

Band 2 - 2.5% increment nia, last year 2.7/2.8 for the same Band...lei.....drop...

Unregistered 10-07-2023 08:59 PM

Lai lai, share increments and promotions

Unregistered 11-07-2023 09:25 AM

Band 2, 2.5%. Chui to the max. Don't know what this company is doing. Earn money but cut increment.

Unregistered 11-07-2023 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 252003)
Band 2, 2.5%. Chui to the max. Don't know what this company is doing. Earn money but cut increment.

2.5% not bad liao lo

next door only 1%

Unregistered 11-07-2023 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 251826)
There are no engineers working here. Just managers. During a recent townhall one of our engineer asked the senior management what is his advice for engineers to excel in this company. He said something along the line of don't be afraid to take risk. When opportunity comes, seize it.

Alot of our engineers resigned after that to seize better opportunity out there.
I guess our senior management are just as tone deaf as clueless.

No wonder alot of managers here have the same zombie yes sir attitude in front of boss and talk **** behind their back. It's so ugly.

You are right. My former division had a team that quit entirely. The management simply pass the workload to another already stretched out team. Then they questioned why so many people left.

Unregistered 11-07-2023 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 252003)

So can post more profits for shareholders or expand their acquisitions.

Unregistered 12-07-2023 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 251980)
Band 2 - 2.5% increment nia, last year 2.7/2.8 for the same Band...lei.....drop...

Fixed increment % for everyone in the same band? I thought within the same band also got a spread

Unregistered 13-07-2023 09:47 PM

E5 4.5% increment for band 2 grading

Unregistered 13-07-2023 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 252013)
2.5% not bad liao lo

next door only 1%

Next door = Apple? /s

Unregistered 15-07-2023 09:09 AM

Is it good to stay in STE for promotion ?

How soon does one get promoted anyways ?
Do they value past work experience and take that into consideration?

How’s the increment like?

Unregistered 15-07-2023 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 252214)

ProMotion from E5 to E6 usually within 2-4 years.
Subsequent performance depends on pre-sales ability. Winning tenders and participating in tenders have better recognition than successfully delivering projects. There are a lot of engineers stucked at E6 at 50 years old.

The only work experience they would pay above market rate is experience in leading a uniform service unit. ST in general pays below market rate, below the 25th percentile. Your only hope of getting a salary increment from job hopping is that your previous company pays similar scale or even lower than ST.

Increment usually 1-5%, unless your dept boss willing to write in for recommendation for merit increment which can range between 3-10%. Bonus also between 1 to 3.5 months. Those whom are on contract, has 1 month less bonus than perm staff. Those switching from contract to perm will usually have 0 increment on their new contract.

Unregistered 15-07-2023 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 252214)

previous poster talking about hardware roles? software roles typically promote e5 to e6 in 2-3 years nowdays and e6 to m1 in about 4 years? top performers have more than 5% of increment and double digit percent for promotions.

What I said is true for being a good performer from e5. It is true HR counts wearing a uniform daily to work as relevant experience though, especially for m2 and above roles. defence contracts are cash cows and they do it so often to mask kickbacks

Unregistered 16-07-2023 02:18 PM

What is the increment % for the different bands?

Unregistered 18-07-2023 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 252217)
ProMotion from E5 to E6 usually within 2-4 years.
Subsequent performance depends on pre-sales ability. Winning tenders and participating in tenders have better recognition than successfully delivering projects. There are a lot of engineers stucked at E6 at 50 years old.

The only work experience they would pay above market rate is experience in leading a uniform service unit. ST in general pays below market rate, below the 25th percentile. Your only hope of getting a salary increment from job hopping is that your previous company pays similar scale or even lower than ST.

Increment usually 1-5%, unless your dept boss willing to write in for recommendation for merit increment which can range between 3-10%. Bonus also between 1 to 3.5 months. Those whom are on contract, has 1 month less bonus than perm staff. Those switching from contract to perm will usually have 0 increment on their new contract.

2 to 4 years for promotion is already very good. Because my former division played favourites, whoever is not in the pet team can expect a promotion between 5-7 years on average, longer if too many M1/2s around. The only exception I saw are those exceptional (clever) in solving issues.

Unregistered 21-07-2023 03:25 PM

Stone age company. Dare to offer me job with significant paycut for 'new international office'. Cannot promise any career trajectory. Hear culture inside is rotten to the core.

Unregistered 26-07-2023 10:33 PM

Just a rant post:

I really don’t like how some managers think they big shot and then go around demanding others to sacrifice their personal time to settle work because they incapable. Best joke: the manager is from a different division so should not even boss people around.

Any tricks on handling such bitches? Especially the aunties one

Unregistered 27-07-2023 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 252895)
Just a rant post:

I really don’t like how some managers think they big shot and then go around demanding others to sacrifice their personal time to settle work because they incapable. Best joke: the manager is from a different division so should not even boss people around.

Similar experience before.

PM: I don't care if the whole team needs to come back on the weekends to finish up everything. I want it by Sunday night.

Same PM: I'm not free this weekend, I'm going JB.

Unregistered 27-07-2023 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 252895)
Just a rant post:

why do u care? Just inform ur current PM and ask whether to comply lo

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 252917)
Similar experience before.

PM: I don't care if the whole team needs to come back on the weekends to finish up everything. I want it by Sunday night.

Same PM: I'm not free this weekend, I'm going JB.

What happens if whole team don't come back? Fire you?

When he depends on u to do the work so that he can keep his job, u're the one with leverage over him, not the other way round

Unregistered 28-07-2023 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 252932)
why do u care? Just inform ur current PM and ask whether to comply lo

When he depends on u to do the work so that he can keep his job, u're the one with leverage over him, not the other way round

This PM was the boss pet. His problem, even if he made the wrong strategic call, became our fault. He got promoted while the rest got nothing from clearing his mess.

Unregistered 29-07-2023 06:28 PM

ST's management staffs are outdated. Stuck in their outdated mentality. Probably just wanna squeeze them out because they are afraid for themselves being outwitted.

xiaopangbronco 31-07-2023 11:43 AM

I heard STE policy change. No more outsource contract. All direct ste employee now and salary adjustments 500-1k,2k. AMK side

Unregistered 31-07-2023 07:58 PM

It is true. Across all STE there would be an adjustment, some got it earlier some will have soon.

Unregistered 31-07-2023 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xiaopangbronco (Post 253118)
I heard STE policy change. No more outsource contract. All direct ste employee now and salary adjustments 500-1k,2k. AMK side

Wah those newly joined e5 with 5k will get adjusted again ar? Shioks

Unregistered 01-08-2023 05:01 PM

They recently revised S Grade staffs. Now they are rolling out E grade staffs.

Unregistered 01-08-2023 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xiaopangbronco (Post 253118)

If they have done so few years back, they would not have lost so much talents in the last few years.

Unregistered 02-08-2023 11:41 AM

HR probably need to buck up, need to close up the gap of salary between staffs grade to be more competitive

Unregistered 02-08-2023 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 253225)
HR probably need to buck up, need to close up the gap of salary between staffs grade to be more competitive

If the news of no more outsourced staff is accurate, it's a step in the right direction.

When I was there, many new hires quit within the first 2 years because they were unhappy with the blatant distinction between perm and contract staff.

xiaopangbronco 02-08-2023 12:23 PM

Now a lot want to join back ste from what I heard. Their pay now I think finally matches market rate

Unregistered 02-08-2023 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xiaopangbronco (Post 253228)
Now a lot want to join back ste from what I heard. Their pay now I think finally matches market rate

The challenge is not at this point, is whether they can keep up with the increments to match market rates in time to time.

Unregistered 02-08-2023 12:43 PM

Is this revamp pay to ST Elec only or to all LOBs?

Unregistered 02-08-2023 05:26 PM

Don't spread fake news la.
Its based on project one. Some project is signed. And on going for the next 10 years. Those getting the perm treatment cause HR under pressure to fill up those position for contractual obligation.

Almost anyone who showed up for interview got it. My boss didn't even look at anything just want a feel of the personality of the guy whether can manage him or not.

Those hired as pet for seniors. Like their secretary do their work for them. No real project kind...
Those are outsource meant to be short term.

That's how it works. Always.

Unregistered 02-08-2023 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xiaopangbronco (Post 253228)

i keep in close contact with my ex colleagues and they are still looking to leave LOL

mainly because even with the revision, there is still a huge disparity of pay and workload between other teams

only the lazy one choosing to stay and produce minimal results

Unregistered 02-08-2023 08:53 PM

What to do if Colleagues are stinking up office ?

Probably gonna get bashed up due to this post. But I seriously wonder how do some like to spray perfume and flood the whole office with their “stench”. Is there some policy in place to ensure work place safety?

Unregistered 04-08-2023 09:17 AM

When will the revamp salary be introduced

Unregistered 04-08-2023 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 253242)
i keep in close contact with my ex colleagues and they are still looking to leave LOL

mainly because even with the revision, there is still a huge disparity of pay and workload between other teams

only the lazy one choosing to stay and produce minimal results

I think this salary adjustment may still not appease everyone until it is v significant. You can have engineers working there for 4-6 years earning just slighty more than the fresh grads.

Unregistered 04-08-2023 12:30 PM

Scary stuff

Very political one working here. Got a PhD super smart. No wait. He thinks he is super smart and everyone else around him is stupid. To the point that meeting he has repeat his point multiple times like we are dumb children.

Anyway Covid-19, he got laid off from his division but they tried to make it like he was transferred to another division. He was laid off then offered a position in another division.

From day one he joined the existing division manwhement already play politics on him.
Purposely suppress his hiring abilities. Restrict his access to this and that.

Then when he said he need to form a team etc the admin purposely delay finding people with the excuse that there is no candidate. Until eventually HR just give him some random candidates who failed interview, those second interview candidates with no relevant background.

Long story short, they joined. Treated as outside and not part of the fivision.
Admin keep reminding us that he and his team is not part of our division.
Its BU level whatever that means.

Anyway his team all resigned. Today he is alone.
So sad right. But nope. This is how the organisation here worked.

On BTW he is AVP title. And the VP and SVP title here all worked like 30 years in this division.
And he come in newbie one year wanna disrupt everything.

Kena played politics also didn't know.

Anyway that guy is not good also, just always hold meeting.
And talk down on people. Or sarcastic remarks on other colleagues. To the point that ppl actively avoid him.

He even threatened to pull someone from their team into his because he like to...
Everyone avoiding him like a plague.

This is what happens when you have high qualification. Zero EQ. And zero allies.
Now it's just a waiting game for his to resign or quit willingly.

Because this is how politics are played in this company.
People in power keep getting promoted to get more power.
So they see anyone a threat is efficiently dealt with.

Unregistered 11-08-2023 11:09 PM

Any idea what’s the entry grade for fresh diploma grad

Unregistered 12-08-2023 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 253774)
Any idea what’s the entry grade for fresh diploma grad

Should be E4, Asst Engineer.