Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ST Electronics (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3060-st-electronics.html)

Unregistered 05-05-2023 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 247654)
This is the biggest problem with ST. Apart from discounting contract staff from various benefits (not sure about now), the problem is there is no salary adjustment for existing staff, contract or perm. The last "adjustment" was to roll AWS and basic into one afaik.

Use brain please. If adjust your salary then the division can't make profit then the fivision manager, AVP, VP all cannot get big bonus and fund their condo, car. Ofc must low ball the engineers. How else will the management earn money by sitting in their office and playing politics??

Unregistered 05-05-2023 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 247704)
Use brain please. If adjust your salary then the division can't make profit then the fivision manager, AVP, VP all cannot get big bonus and fund their condo, car. Ofc must low ball the engineers. How else will the management earn money by sitting in their office and playing politics??

Not that I'm not using my brain. It's more like the management can't think properly. They are always wondering why the turnover rate for new engineers is so high.

Unregistered 09-05-2023 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 247714)
Not that I'm not using my brain. It's more like the management can't think properly. They are always wondering why the turnover rate for new engineers is so high.

You do realised alot of the senior management don't have uni level right?
degree? You also do realised that most senior management are given the position because they are from dsta or from navy or army before right? You know alot of people are retiree right? Aka come to work just for fun, chit chat go long lunch, tea break, meeting to gossip then go home... For many many years? Unt a new management come in and question each person roles?

And then those people exodus and mass leave... To another division... Invited by their friend...
Seen it so many times... And you wonder why the talents leave. Cause the untalented doesn't..

Unregistered 10-05-2023 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 247652)
No. This is the problem with salary adjustment only applies to fresh grad new hire.
For example fresh grad 2022 - 4.2k
But if you join fresh grad 2020 - 3.5k

But when you're 2 years exp in 2022 your salary didn't get adjusted.
Its wrong that fresh grad earn high pay with nothing to show for.

And best is fresh grad come to work at 930 am and leave at 530 pm.
While senior come at 730 am and leave at 630 pm.

So I encourage everyone to overload fresh grad so they can resign willingly. More room for promotion.
If fresh grad stay, means only more competition.

See a fresh grad. Abuse a fresh grad.

Lol, think kind of thinking no wonder ST got a glut of unproductive "laojiao" E5- M1 people. All day KPKB about low pay but no win-win growth mindset and attitude consperm reflected in your own work as well.

Unregistered 10-05-2023 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 248049)
Lol, think kind of thinking no wonder ST got a glut of unproductive "laojiao" E5- M1 people. All day KPKB about low pay but no win-win growth mindset and attitude consperm reflected in your own work as well.

I disagree with u. dude.
to ensure fair salary to all staff, as long as there is a salary adjustment for new hire/fresh grad,
HR should also ensure those existing staff are being adjusted too.

let say fresh grad are adjusted from 4000 to 4200, then the rest of the employee should be adjusted by 200 also.

Unregistered 10-05-2023 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 248057)
I disagree with u. dude.
to ensure fair salary to all staff, as long as there is a salary adjustment for new hire/fresh grad,

let say fresh grad are adjusted from 4000 to 4200, then the rest of the employee should be adjusted by 200 also.

You wait long long, was there for a year and ran away from ST

Unregistered 10-05-2023 03:12 PM

Quote:

I disagree with u. dude.

End of the day, if you can't accept what the company is doing, you always have the option to leave and find something better.

Unregistered 10-05-2023 03:33 PM

The only regular salary adjustment is that your CEO salary is always in the top 10 of Singapore based private companies.

Unregistered 10-05-2023 03:34 PM

Lol conpany

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 248061)
End of the day, if you can't accept what the company is doing, you always have the option to leave and find something better.

That's why laojiao exists. Company don't reimburse equal fair pay. So let the fresh grad do all the saikang work while we withhold domain knowledge lo. Come work late. Eat breakfast until 10 am. Go office check email until 11 am. Reply email with vague response.

1130 am go out eat lunch. Chit chat long long at lunch. Come back 130 pm.
Go toilet pangsai until 2 pm.
Then 230 pm go meeting with friend at canteen... Meet up 3 pm. Just nice for tea time break.

Oh **** boss coming for tea break also. Time to head back office 4pm. See fresh grad playing games on their phone. Chit chat with them. Break ice. 430 pm toilet break again. 5 pm disappeared for meeting again.

Accidentally went home...oops. Don't worry. Director level also leave office at 5 pm. I have seen it many times.

Unregistered 11-05-2023 11:00 AM

Not a place for brains. Just old retirees including admin

Very toxic environment.
Example we hired a PhD graduate for data analytics with few years of experience.
The guy is quite humble etc. Didn't want to brag his education level etc.

But the admin keep putting the title Dr in the email la, in the fire drill attendance sheet la.
The employee was like there is no need to put the Dr title, he is not a doctor...

But the admin won't stop. Keep spreading to non related staff that this employee is PhD....
To the point of abuse already.

And as expected the employee tendered to join a better govtech and my team now have to restart the whole hiring process. Project deadline is approaching and it's all manipulated by some Karen admin...

Now we asking her to own up her mistake and keep pestering her for the new interview for new staff.
She just said... No candidate....

Very very toxic.

Unregistered 11-05-2023 11:29 PM

So many negative comments about ST...
But hard truths.. sad to be here but after working for 10 over years in private companies they are not any better. As average grade performer annual income still surpass other companies. Stay in retirement village and grow old together lah. Most important every 20th ka-ching money in the bank, don't want to care about politics among management, time to go tea break carry on, work smart, focus to be positive and stay healthy more important.

Unregistered 17-05-2023 11:47 AM

Lol

If anyone wanna experience how toxic the environment is, please visit Electronics Hub canteen at B5 during lunch time around 1130 am to 12 pm.

Choose the window seats cause there will be a group of Karen.
Exec / admin who will have daily drama session about their colleague. It's usually 2 or 3 depending on the crowd but it's always just that one Karen who provide the content.

And they very purposely loud so everyone nearby can hear.
Last week was about her boss rushing her. And that she can be nice and vindicative. Rush me la.
Today is about a new colleague who throw tantrum.

I am pretty sure the new colleague didn't offend them la. Probably just new or doing work. But they drama like the new colleague temper tantrum..
And they spend the whole lunch talking about other people than themselves.

Visitors, urge u to come for lunch and witness the toxicity.
I pity the new colleague who had to work with this Karen.

Unregistered 19-05-2023 08:00 PM

Fair

Must bring the kids come here see how these adults behave.

Unregistered 30-05-2023 07:48 AM

Any news of how much pay increment will be in July?? 3%-4%+??

Unregistered 03-06-2023 08:12 AM

Made the decision go left ST, start a new beginning.

Unregistered 03-06-2023 10:05 PM

Will contract staff increment be the same as perm staff and bonus also?

xiaopangbronco 03-06-2023 10:08 PM

now ste offer perm for all liao in some BU, no longer outsource contract. pay getting better also not like last time. E5 around 4.4k, E6 around 5k+. M1 6k+.

Unregistered 03-06-2023 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 249405)
Will contract staff increment be the same as perm staff and bonus also?

Bonus generally 1 month less than perm staff. There is increment but if u are transiting from contract to perm, 0% increment.

Unregistered 04-06-2023 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xiaopangbronco (Post 249406)
now ste offer perm for all liao in some BU, no longer outsource contract. pay getting better also not like last time. E5 around 4.4k, E6 around 5k+. M1 6k+.

Any idea of the M3 & M4 pay scale?

Unregistered 05-06-2023 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xiaopangbronco (Post 249406)

Lugi for those e5 joined few years ago get 3k plus how sia

Unregistered 05-06-2023 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 249461)

Lan lan suck thumb lo.
Don't work so hard. Come late. Go long lunch. Leave early.
That's what alot of "senior" do. Throw everything to the new guy so they will resign or quit...

Unregistered 05-06-2023 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 249461)

New fresh grad already asking 5k but offered only 4.5k they already feel underpaid...

Then joined liao, seniors throw everything to them..
So new guy feel underpaid and overworked.
Senior feel underpaid and refused to work. Lol.

Managenent overpaid and nothing to work.

Unregistered 06-06-2023 11:48 AM

Quote:

I disagree with u. dude.

What is fair? Decrease your pay can? Or is it only if pay increase then is fair?

Hand to heart. I'd take a fresh grad swe in my office for my project anyday. You see so many people complaining that people up in the hierarchy buay kan and complain E5 earn so much.

But then hor, you think these people are E5? Probably not but some E6-M1 earning below market wage. They are part of the buay kan problem. Ownself joke and say that they can quit and rejoin for pay raise, but be honest to yourself, you think you're as competitive as the kids in uni now? If so, then like many suggested, go interview for another job instead to have a taste of how 'easy' it is to be a fresh hire now.

Unregistered 07-06-2023 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 249511)
What is fair? Decrease your pay can? Or is it only if pay increase then is fair?

Hand to heart. I'd take a fresh grad swe in my office for my project anyday. You see so many people complaining that people up in the hierarchy buay kan and complain E5 earn so much.

But then hor, you think these people are E5? Probably not but some E6-M1 earning below market wage. They are part of the buay kan problem. Ownself joke and say that they can quit and rejoin for pay raise, but be honest to yourself, you think you're as competitive as the kids in uni now? If so, then like many suggested, go interview for another job instead to have a taste of how 'easy' it is to be a fresh hire now.

It goes both ways actually. Many new hires feel that they are underappreciated and underpaid so they leave even before a year is up.

Unregistered 22-06-2023 12:21 PM

Nothing is fair. But is even more pronounced in this company.

Unregistered 24-06-2023 11:23 AM

Bonus

How the pro-rated bonus calculated in ST? By service till December 2023 or March 2024?

NoMoney 24-06-2023 11:41 AM

STE Pay Range ?

Hi,

July is coming and I’m wondering if anyone has the latest salary package numbers for STE ?

Eg)
E4:
E5:
E6:
M1:
M2:
M3:

doubt I’ll stay in STE long enough to hear about M4 rates so nvm

Unregistered 25-06-2023 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoMoney (Post 250497)
Hi,

July is coming and I’m wondering if anyone has the latest salary package numbers for STE ?

Eg)
E4:
E5:
E6:
M1:
M2:
M3:

doubt I’ll stay in STE long enough to hear about M4 rates so nvm

E4: $3.6k - $4.5k depending on years of work exp.
E5: $4k - $5.2k ( $4k for those E4 promoted to E5 or old bird E5 with the yearly slow increment. $5.2k for some fresh grad new software engineers )
E6: $4.5k - $6.8k ( depending on new hire or old bird )
M1: $4.8k - $7.5k
M2: $5.2k - $8k
M3: $5.5k - $9k++

Unregistered 02-07-2023 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 250593)
E4: $3.6k - $4.5k depending on years of work exp.
E5: $4k - $5.2k ( $4k for those E4 promoted to E5 or old bird E5 with the yearly slow increment. $5.2k for some fresh grad new software engineers )
E6: $4.5k - $6.8k ( depending on new hire or old bird )
M1: $4.8k - $7.5k
M2: $5.2k - $8k
M3: $5.5k - $9k++

How many years of experience does each tier tally with?

Unregistered 04-07-2023 08:42 PM

I am offered 8.1k. Project manager.

Is this acceptable? Am i low balled?

Unregistered 04-07-2023 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 251587)

Certainly one of the higher pay I have seen for a civilian project manager. But definitely not as high as those gifted men whom come from uniform service.

Unregistered 04-07-2023 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 251587)

M1 or M2 rank? if it's for an M2 role for new hire it's about that range

Unregistered 05-07-2023 02:50 PM

Any word on when July increment will be announced?

Unregistered 05-07-2023 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 251603)
M1 or M2 rank? if it's for an M2 role for new hire it's about that range

M2 so high? I thought it was more in line with M3 Pay Range.

Unregistered 05-07-2023 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 251666)

one of the new hire M2 early this year is already 8.2k

Unregistered 05-07-2023 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 251662)
Any word on when July increment will be announced?

for my case it drop from 2.78%(in 2022) to 2.5%(2023) for Band 2, annual increment...cannot even cover inflation

Unregistered 06-07-2023 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 251693)
for my case it drop from 2.78%(in 2022) to 2.5%(2023) for Band 2, annual increment...cannot even cover inflation

2023 increment out?

Unregistered 07-07-2023 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 251666)

Yes, it's very high for M2 compared to pre-COVID. Maybe this is on a higher tier of M2 towards M3 already.

Unregistered 07-07-2023 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 251781)
Yes, it's very high for M2 compared to pre-COVID. Maybe this is on a higher tier of M2 towards M3 already.

Yes. There are some news of the company undergoing some salary revision to ensure that the managers pay gap for each grade to be reduced. A lot of M3 and above from a particular uniform service are drawing obscene salary compared to other civilian managers. For engineering, the wage discrepancy is not so obvious as talented uniformed service men do not come to ST to become engineers. Hence engineers salary review will be of lower priority because real talented engineers do not go to ST.

Unregistered 07-07-2023 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 251782)
Yes. There are some news of the company undergoing some salary revision to ensure that the managers pay gap for each grade to be reduced. A lot of M3 and above from a particular uniform service are drawing obscene salary compared to other civilian managers. For engineering, the wage discrepancy is not so obvious as talented uniformed service men do not come to ST to become engineers. Hence engineers salary review will be of lower priority because real talented engineers do not go to ST.

Which will not solve the issues of insufficient engineers.