Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ST Electronics (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3060-st-electronics.html)

Unregistered 27-11-2020 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150017)
Joined ST about 11 years ago with starting pay of 1.8k for poly degree holder. Got my degree from SIM part-time and worked for 10 years to reach E6, only to draw a basic of 3.9k. Left ST and because the expertise I have is considered very niche, it didn't take long before I joined a small SME which offered me 5.1k right away.

Fresh grad in bank program starting pay already 6k.
Sorry bro you should have graduated last year instead of 11 years ago

Unregistered 27-11-2020 03:54 PM

Quote:

Joined ST about 11 years ago with starting pay of 1.8k for poly degree holder. Got my degree from SIM part-time and worked for 10 years to reach E6, only to draw a basic of 3.9k. Left ST and because the expertise I have is considered very niche, it didn't take long before I joined a small SME which offered me 5.1k right away.

Fresh grad batch 2015 to 2016 already earning 3.5k.
SORRY BRO. this means you pretty much always only on par with fresh grad.

I think our children will come out starting pay 10k

Unregistered 27-11-2020 09:12 PM

Haha what to do, thats life. There will always be somebody earning more than you. I'm just grateful that I left instead of staying in that low paying thankless job.

Unregistered 27-11-2020 10:04 PM

Quote:

Instead of mocking him/her, i think its rather commendable for a person to endure a $1.8k salary for such a long period of time. Which one of you commented earn a $1.8K salary before? I bet none of you can last a month, or even accept such a job offer.

Unregistered 28-11-2020 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150075)
Instead of mocking him/her, i think its rather commendable for a person to endure a $1.8k salary for such a long period of time. Which one of you commented earn a $1.8K salary before? I bet none of you can last a month, or even accept such a job offer.

25 years ago, fresh grad starting pay 2k.
poly 1.8k is already very good

Unregistered 28-11-2020 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150026)

10- 20 fresh grad only maybe got 1 draw that kind of pay. Are you the smartest guy in the room/ class last time or now? If not don’t think of ppl earning 6k la.

Maybe the fresh grad wish grad 20 years ago also, before dot com or 08 financial crisis, bank bonus was crazy then

Unregistered 29-11-2020 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150026)

Those mass intake bank programmes for fresh grads still ranging 4-5k base this year. Starting not so high but their salaries will start to grow well if they can perform after 1-2 years. Their job scope also quite different this year also as most of them are busy pushing sales on SME loans and digitization products.

If you want to talk about those high finance exclusive offer kind then you can cherry-pick figures all you want.

By the way, graduating 11 years ago is just after the financial meltdown. No mention of that.

Unregistered 29-11-2020 08:06 AM

from 2010 to 2020, the world printed so much money and the markets in big bull run, that things have gone haywire

a mega debt crisis will hit the world soon.. maybe fresh grads by then can only get 2-3k loll

Unregistered 29-11-2020 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150173)
from 2010 to 2020, the world printed so much money and the markets in big bull run, that things have gone haywire

a mega debt crisis will hit the world soon.. maybe fresh grads by then can only get 2-3k loll

Jialat, no wonder ST pay stagnant

Unregistered 30-11-2020 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150173)

If that happens, those 4k to 5k fresh grad pay will also be cut.
And you'll see a lot of top mangers let go.
This covid already seen a dozen kena let go.

Unregistered 30-11-2020 11:09 AM

Poly diploma expected salary?

I am a poly diploma graduate with about 2-3 years of experience. Recently got offered a job with ST Engineering to do system integration work as a technician/engineer. What is the salary range that I should be looking at?

Thanks for any inputs

zero_88 30-11-2020 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150222)
I am a poly diploma graduate with about 2-3 years of experience. Recently got offered a job with ST Engineering to do system integration work as a technician/engineer. What is the salary range that I should be looking at?

Thanks for any inputs

ard 3k man

Unregistered 30-11-2020 02:43 PM

Quote:

Thanks for any inputs

You are quite lucky. Some divisions only offer Associate Engineer or Senior Associate Engineer to Diploma holders which further reduce the starting salary.

Unregistered 30-11-2020 09:13 PM

Quote:

Thanks for any inputs

More like 2.7k-3k

Unregistered 01-12-2020 12:17 AM

Quote:

Thanks for any inputs

If you are offered E5 as a poly diploma graduate, you probably can strong-arm for a wage floor of 3k. Jiayou in negotiation.

Unregistered 01-12-2020 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150272)
If you are offered E5 as a poly diploma graduate, you probably can strong-arm for a wage floor of 3k. Jiayou in negotiation.

E5 is 3.5k and above, E4 with 2-3 years exp is like 2.7k - 3k

Unregistered 01-12-2020 07:25 PM

Quote:

Thanks for any inputs

You didnt mention if you are been offered E5 Engineer position though. why everyone assume you are getting offered E5 Engineer?

More likely Associate Engineer, senior Associate Engineer is a bonus.

I have a colleague with diploma and worked a few years before joining and was also offered for Associate Engineer.

Unregistered 01-12-2020 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150330)
You didnt mention if you are been offered E5 Engineer position though. why everyone assume you are getting offered E5 Engineer?

More likely Associate Engineer, senior Associate Engineer is a bonus.

I have a colleague with diploma and worked a few years before joining and was also offered for Associate Engineer.

Am the original poster and you are right, was offered E4 (assoc engineer). Apparently E5 is only offered to someone w about 5 years +/- work experience.

Unregistered 01-12-2020 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150348)
Am the original poster and you are right, was offered E4 (assoc engineer). Apparently E5 is only offered to someone w about 5 years +/- work experience.

I thought E4 should be senior associate engineer?

E5 is offered to those who have degree. Not so sure if 5 years +/- work experience is gonna give you a E5. But for sure if you have a degree, you can get it

Unregistered 02-12-2020 10:35 PM

Under your HR profile page, there is one line that got some characters before your paygrade. For example, something 1A/E5. Does that 1A mean that I'm at the subgrade just before the next grade?

Unregistered 03-12-2020 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150399)
Under your HR profile page, there is one line that got some characters before your paygrade. For example, something 1A/E5. Does that 1A mean that I'm at the subgrade just before the next grade?

Outsource don't have this kind of subgrade.
How? We treated differently from perm staff?

Unregistered 04-12-2020 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150437)

now then u know 🤷*♂️

Unregistered 04-12-2020 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150437)

I always thought the A# refers to the workplace that we are attached to... cuz prior to that its SGP/A#/...../ and finally E# at the end... outsource ppl might not have a fixed area

Unregistered 04-12-2020 08:41 AM

Outsource staff are like servants.
Perm staff are the house guests.
The real master are the top management.
And so many top manager outlasting each other all want to be the ultimate master and hold the key.

Sad really. The hierarchy in this company

Unregistered 06-12-2020 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150461)
I always thought the A# refers to the workplace that we are attached to... cuz prior to that its SGP/A#/...../ and finally E# at the end... outsource ppl might not have a fixed area

That row is called "pay scale level" so unless they pay people from different workplace differently, the numbers before the E# probably means something. Idk tho

Unregistered 06-12-2020 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150473)
Outsource staff are like servants.
Perm staff are the house guests.
The real master are the top management.
And so many top manager outlasting each other all want to be the ultimate master and hold the key.

Sad really. The hierarchy in this company

Why are you still in this company then? lol!

Unregistered 08-12-2020 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150616)
Why are you still in this company then? lol!

$$$$$

When times are bad, it is hard to be choosy.

Unregistered 10-12-2020 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by runningboy (Post 150351)
Where do you work now? After all, it is very difficult to work now, since covid took many jobs from us. I am grateful for my knowledge of electronics and technical details, as it allowed me to keep working at least remotely. I have studied [URL="s://.4pcb.com/laminate-material-vendors.html"]circuit board material[/ in detail for many years, and I would have been happy to work with ST Electronics myself, but I think that they wanted to deceive you at that time. I would prefer to work there, although I'm quite good at working for myself right now. I have my own small business.

Why didn’t anyone tell me about this some months ago?!

Unregistered 11-12-2020 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150925)
Why didn’t anyone tell me about this some months ago?!

Why? You regret joining this company already?

Unregistered 14-12-2020 11:53 PM

extremely bad experience

a while back had an interview for some infosec role. The interviewer(obviously came from china), starts to berate me for not having a Cissp at that time. Then came his boss who was a real skinny lad, almost look like drug addict. He begins to ask if i can stay long because the previous staff stayed for 6 months( i wonder why). Proceeds to ask other basic question and says he used to earn 5 digits at a US MNC. At this point i already guessed these two are barely capable to lead anything so i kept quiet. Best part is, they didn book a meeting room, it was done in the canteen.

Unregistered 15-12-2020 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 151190)
a while back had an interview for some infosec role. The interviewer(obviously came from china), starts to berate me for not having a Cissp at that time. Then came his boss who was a real skinny lad, almost look like drug addict. He begins to ask if i can stay long because the previous staff stayed for 6 months( i wonder why). Proceeds to ask other basic question and says he used to earn 5 digits at a US MNC. At this point i already guessed these two are barely capable to lead anything so i kept quiet. Best part is, they didn book a meeting room, it was done in the canteen.

Like every other "managerial" role. Honestly no idea what does a manager do other than hold meeting.
Give progress update. Approve leave.

Like this CB can already tell. We don't need a world full of managers.
Ppl don't stay long obviously, this generation want high pay and don't want to do the work.

Entitlement.

Canteen okay what. Casual. You want nice formal office meeting room ah. Wait till you see your small cubicle.

Unregistered 15-12-2020 07:59 AM

What's the salary range for a M3?

Unregistered 15-12-2020 09:31 AM

Expect little... its a dumping ground here

Unregistered 15-12-2020 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 151206)
What's the salary range for a M3?

10k to 15k....

Unregistered 15-12-2020 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 151213)
10k to 15k....

Wow. So much. How long to get promoted from E5 to M3?

Unregistered 15-12-2020 07:40 PM

hahaha, most of them are only looking forward to weekends while you looking to m3

thinkinghard 15-12-2020 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 151190)

i guess this is first interview with them, most of the time is those useless guy, there are good one in infosec, i know who is that china man as i am ex-info comm, u r right, he is not good.

for everyone information there will be internal merger into inforsec, since now everywhere is about security and security now is the core of every design and infra, so some management head is gonna roll...

Unregistered 16-12-2020 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 151213)
10k to 15k....

LOL you dream on dude

Unregistered 16-12-2020 08:26 AM

buay ta han... some stupid people here like to spread fake news

Unregistered 16-12-2020 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 151344)
LOL you dream on dude

Eh excuse me. My previous boss who resigned last year told me he taking a pay cut to pursue his dream job. He can't stand the politics.

He is the one who gave me that range 10k to 15k without being specific.
He was M3