Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ST Electronics (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3060-st-electronics.html)

mugenboy 15-05-2021 03:14 PM

Outsource Staff is consider as 3rd Class Employees

So Outsource Staff is consider as 3rd Class employees which in fact their actual employer is not STE (Electronics)? No wonder the turn-over rate is very high in this organisation.

Unregistered 15-05-2021 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mugenboy (Post 168901)
So Outsource Staff is consider as 3rd Class employees which in fact their actual employer is not STE (Electronics)? No wonder the turn-over rate is very high in this organisation.

that's not true, perm staff are treated like sh1t too. SWE getting $10-$50 increments in the first 2 years, fk my life.

Unregistered 15-05-2021 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 168944)
that's not true, perm staff are treated like sh1t too. SWE getting $10-$50 increments in the first 2 years, fk my life.

So what? Under the new scheme you all got super high starting pay compared to someone who joined 3-4 years before you under the same role.

Unregistered 15-05-2021 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 168944)

Perm staff 18 annual leave
Outsource 14 annual leave

Unregistered 16-05-2021 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 168895)
I'm glad I was able to help in some ways. As for the part that you wanted to change something that's already inculcated as a company culture, I can only wish you the best. Enforcement need to come with support from management.

Thanks for the compliment. But I am only a diploma holder.

Impossible la.. how can diploma holder know all thes?

Or you master degree holder trying to pretend to be diploma?

In ST diploma can only be technician.

Unregistered 16-05-2021 10:41 AM

why complain so much when you guys know it's an out source position and yet accept it? No one force you to accept the out source position by ST.

Want accept it then don't complain. If not then apply for a perm ST position.

Unregistered 16-05-2021 03:33 PM

I'm in the company for more than 5 years and was shocked that the fresh hires in my project is paid more than me. Is there any ways to negotiate for higher pay with HR?

Unregistered 16-05-2021 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 169005)
I'm in the company for more than 5 years and was shocked that the fresh hires in my project is paid more than me. Is there any ways to negotiate for higher pay with HR?

send letter, if you have the skill and the boss need you, they will counter offer.

If not, then can find a new job with whatever pay you want, if your current skillset deserve it.

if with this 5 yr experience, you learn nothing and have no where to go. then can just suck thumb

Unregistered 16-05-2021 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 169005)

Can. post your employee ID here and the HR will contact you shortly with a higher pay letter (your last pay). s://forums.salary.sg/images/icons/icon7.gif

Joke aside, either you quit and re-join for higher pay but losses all the benefit that you accumulated for 5 years or look for alternate door with higher pay or get promoted for higher pay.

U know how ST doing their work

Unregistered 16-05-2021 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 168972)
why complain so much when you guys know it's an out source position and yet accept it? No one force you to accept the out source position by ST.

Want accept it then don't complain. If not then apply for a perm ST position.

Sorry lo. During interview the perm staff bluff me that it's the same and contract is like probation before convert to perm

It's only after I joined and worked 2 years realised that it's day and night.
Annual leave perm have more.
Bonus also perm have more.

Outsource is hired to do the work for the perm staff. Like their tools like that.
Thank god I left after 2 years and didn't waste my time here