Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ST Electronics (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3060-st-electronics.html)

Unregistered 13-05-2021 11:13 PM

STEE new scheme software role, 2nd lower SUTD, $4.5k

Unregistered 13-05-2021 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 168679)
STEE new scheme software role, 2nd lower SUTD, $4.5k

even higher than some uni grad seniors that have been with company for more than 5 years

Unregistered 14-05-2021 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 168680)
even higher than some uni grad seniors that have been with company for more than 5 years

Erm should say about same pay as those E5 in ST coy for ard 5 years. Just that the new grad join loses the share scheme and aws. Let's welcome the new grad who will be joining ST.

Unregistered 14-05-2021 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 168680)

I'm that poster from SUTD $4.5k.

Well the starting pay is on the high side but bonuses is almost kosong. A lot of engineers and SWE are jumping ship.

Unregistered 14-05-2021 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mugenboy (Post 168588)
Had come across that some staff worked like 10 to 15 years still being label as Outsource Staff. The funny part is that during those D&D, they will announce long service award employees.:mad:

Guess it is very difficult to attract talents since all job would be place as Outsource payroll. This could be a good reason to use if wanted to leave the organisation.

If you add "looking for permanent role" in your resume and upload it to job sites, there will at least be 1 call every 2-3 days.

That's the problem with ST. They like to act like they care for outsource staff in front of everyone but when it comes to actual compensation and appreciation, there's almost nothing.

Unregistered 14-05-2021 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 168688)
I'm that poster from SUTD $4.5k.

Well the starting pay is on the high side but bonuses is almost kosong. A lot of engineers and SWE are jumping ship.

How come fresh grad is getting paid senior pay?
Erm. Even without bonus. Say its the old scheme. You are still paid 4.1k which is way more than the HR guidance for fresh grad 3.5k to 3.8k.

And during covid year when senior pay is freeze.
Fresh grad being offered senior pay and not expected to produce senior work?

This doesn't sit well with me.

See a fresh grad.
Tekan a fresh grad.

Unregistered 14-05-2021 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 168711)
How come fresh grad is getting paid senior pay?
Erm. Even without bonus. Say its the old scheme. You are still paid 4.1k which is way more than the HR guidance for fresh grad 3.5k to 3.8k.

And during covid year when senior pay is freeze.
Fresh grad being offered senior pay and not expected to produce senior work?

This doesn't sit well with me.

See a fresh grad.
Tekan a fresh grad.

Yes. My junior fresh grad 3 years ago was 3.5k. Increment to 3605 first year.
Then second year 3713 but due to new pay scheme was offered 4k.

He calculated that the system seem to have cheated him a few hundred.

Now I told him that fresh grad joining now 4.5k.

He is absolutely pissed off. And said something "wtf I have 3 years exp and I'm still paid lower than fresh grad." he said he won't help or guide fresh grad since they are paid higher than him

I agree with him. And I told him... I'm 5 years my starting pay was 3.3k that's even worst.
Fresh grad is so entitled now adays.

Unregistered 14-05-2021 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 168712)

He is absolutely pissed off. And said something "wtf I have 3 years exp and I'm still paid lower than fresh grad." he said he won't help or guide fresh grad since they are paid higher than him

I agree with him. And I told him... I'm 5 years my starting pay was 3.3k that's even worst.

Fresh grads entitled? More like your company values fresh grads more than experienced people like yourself. Blame your company, not the fresh grads.

If you not happy with the pay, jolly well go apply elsewhere and see if you can get a higher pay. If not, pls diam and stop all your complaints. Dont make a fool out of yourself.

Unregistered 14-05-2021 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MNC PJM (Post 167831)
I am the MNC PJM
Wow... Didn't expect the response to go this way.

I am not from your company so I can only try to base your question on my limited experience to provide you with answers.

Based on your question, I summarize your problem as:
"Project Engineering function produced Test Tooling for Trial without Customer approval for Tooling"
I think it will be pertinent to ask yourself some questions first.

1. Is there a defined product development process?
* 1a. What is this PDP based on? What are the gates and deliverables defined in the process? Can you share?
* 1b. Do you have a Master Service Agreement with your customer (now ex customer) signed that also covers compensation in the case of project reversal? Where is this master service agreement located in the PDP?* How often do you review the relevance of the Master Service Agreement if you use a generic one?

2. Does your process clearly defines when tooling can be fabricated?
* 2a. Which gates must be bought off by your team before your tooling can gain clearance for fabrication?
* 2b. Who are the stakeholders for this gates clearance? Does it include engineering?

3. Where did Engineering get the budget to produce that first tool for trial?
* 3a. How did engineering get approval for this budget? (You need to really look into residual budgets left over from previous projects or existing budgets from other projects within the engineering department. Did they transfer money from other projects into this project?)
* 3b. Preparing tooling needs raw materials (How did it clear procurement without question? You need to escalate if there is no multi-parties in their approval documents and get quality and corporate compliance team to step in).

Maybe answering these questions can help to provide some answers to your problem.

Thanx a lot I am the question asker.

1. Yes, we have a defined PDP. The PDP is an old set up based on the existing ISO9001. It was designed by a former Project manager also from another MNC when he was retrenched from there but deliverables are flexible after he left and now not all follow it. Something I really want to change. Do you have any recommendations? There is a fixed MSA for all the customers and there is a clause that covers compensation. But the MSA is reviewed only customer to customer and it is signed with customer during concept stage.

2. There is a tooling stage buy off which the stakeholders have to sign off. This is during after customer accept the concept. The stakeholders include engineering.

3. For this one I am very impressed with you. I went to check and found engineering has budget from another project that have leftover budget after their other tooling was accepted in their other still in force project. So the engineering team still has access to that other budget. But this is something I really never thought of because they submitted using the tool request of my project with the other project code using its leftover money and got approval. I already escalated this and the boss was also quite impressed with your tips and told the engineering not to do it again. Procurement also was shock because they didn't know. The other project's manager was also shock but has to include this extra expenditure into their KPI.

Unregistered 14-05-2021 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 168712)

Sees like your company is in a mess more than fresh grads are entitled.