Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ST Electronics (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3060-st-electronics.html)

Unregistered 19-02-2022 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 203533)
That's why he joined MNC and not ST and judging by the posting, he made the right choice.
But seriously, who wants to join ST if you can join a MNC? Doesn't make sense unless you really CMI no choice then you go to ST. For me, if I have a choice I won't join ST too.

What? 1 year in your current role you learn more than 5 years in ST? That bad?

if you go LinkedIn, you can find some ppl who work 5-10 year in st posting their resume there. most of them just say there are good in using MS PowerPoint and word, write lai write qiu, i dun see much value and different from fresh grad except the working exp.

Unregistered 19-02-2022 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 203572)
I am one of them to receive the letter 2 weeks ago from my DIBU head personally in his office with door close.

It just a mere 3 percent increment. And July will increase again. So somewhat like promotion increment.

9 years in ST.

only a puny 2.5% for limbeh to cover 2 years of freeze wage. :(

Unregistered 19-02-2022 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 203642)
if you go LinkedIn, you can find some ppl who work 5-10 year in st posting their resume there. most of them just say there are good in using MS PowerPoint and word, write lai write qiu, i dun see much value and different from fresh grad except the working exp.

yet they can do that for 10 years and keep getting promoted up to princiapl engineer.
that shows the lack of talent in this engineering company.

Unregistered 19-02-2022 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 203655)
yet they can do that for 10 years and keep getting promoted up to princiapl engineer.
that shows the lack of talent in this engineering company.

Sounds like a company of useless people. How do you all survive customer demands?

Unregistered 19-02-2022 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 203662)
Sounds like a company of useless people. How do you all survive customer demands?

Normally, ask client to close eye.

Got some project develop 5 year, by the time deploy to site, the hardware and software also expire liao. The original people from the client side and st who is involved in the project from the start either changed job or rotated their job roles. The new people who received the project just gong gong accept the product lo.

Unregistered 19-02-2022 02:29 PM

Test

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 203662)

Hire outsource staff. Make them do the work for you lo. When work delivered, you get promoted.
When things don't work out. Blame the outsource staff.

Outsource staff being used and cheated while perm staff keep getting promoted.

Unregistered 19-02-2022 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 203669)
Normally, ask client to close eye.

Got some project develop 5 year, by the time deploy to site, the hardware and software also expire liao. The original people from the client side and st who is involved in the project from the start either changed job or rotated their job roles. The new people who received the project just gong gong accept the product lo.

WTF?? IBM, Micron, Dell etc. will sue our pants off if we do that!
Are you serious??? You must be joking! How can ST and ST's customers be so useless?? I don't believe. And who are your customers??

Unregistered 19-02-2022 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 203672)
WTF?? IBM, Micron, Dell etc. will sue our pants off if we do that!
Are you serious??? You must be joking! How can ST and ST's customers be so useless?? I don't believe. And who are your customers??

The customer is normally will parachute into st and be ur boss

Unregistered 19-02-2022 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 203688)
The customer is normally will parachute into st and be ur boss

What do you mean? Sounds like A group of imbeciles coming into another group of imbeciles. I don't understand.

Unregistered 19-02-2022 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 203708)
What do you mean? Sounds like A group of imbeciles coming into another group of imbeciles. I don't understand.

it mean ex client of ST when they switch job will go to ST and become bosses