Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ST Electronics (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3060-st-electronics.html)

Unregistered 28-04-2021 04:11 PM

Management only care about bottom line la.
Which is to meet their KPI
That's it.

They don't care about your pay.
In fact, here they will actively suppress your pay and blame its HR who cut your pay.
When it's actually the division manager those VP who just want to make sure their division cost is low since no business no profit.

So to present profit and meet finance kpi is by suprressing pay lo.
And people who stayed here are one kind. Stayed for 20 years do nothing.
Pay cut also don't care cause they can't survive outside...

You come in work here. Your energy will be drained when you see all the JLB do nothing everyday
... And you wonder why you one person overworked

Unregistered 28-04-2021 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 166899)
Management only care about bottom line la.
Which is to meet their KPI
That's it.

They don't care about your pay.
In fact, here they will actively suppress your pay and blame its HR who cut your pay.
When it's actually the division manager those VP who just want to make sure their division cost is low since no business no profit.

So to present profit and meet finance kpi is by suprressing pay lo.
And people who stayed here are one kind. Stayed for 20 years do nothing.
Pay cut also don't care cause they can't survive outside...

You come in work here. Your energy will be drained when you see all the JLB do nothing everyday
... And you wonder why you one person overworked

Seriously? What kind of **** company is this?

Unregistered 28-04-2021 09:04 PM

The incompetent choose to promote those incompetent. Competent and smart people will choose to leave, leaving those incompetent people there. Vicious cycle.

Unregistered 29-04-2021 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 166922)
The incompetent choose to promote those incompetent. Competent and smart people will choose to leave, leaving those incompetent people there. Vicious cycle.

Incompetent choose to promote those they can control la.
Promote those new comer with record. Later everyone realised the new guy can take over the old guy.

So cannot la. Must plant the seed to sabotage any top performer.
Or take credit of the top performer as your kpi la...

Then play lots of politics to make the top performer leave la.
So you keep your power.

You won't undersrand the art of war until you work here and witness the passive aggressive backstabbing politics of the management here...

Unregistered 29-04-2021 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 166990)
Incompetent choose to promote those they can control la.
Promote those new comer with record. Later everyone realised the new guy can take over the old guy.

So cannot la. Must plant the seed to sabotage any top performer.
Or take credit of the top performer as your kpi la...

Then play lots of politics to make the top performer leave la.
So you keep your power.

You won't undersrand the art of war until you work here and witness the passive aggressive backstabbing politics of the management here...

Can confirm...
Manager A: eh engineer B, can you help me process this, I've spoken to your manager B about this...
Engineer B: OK right away...
Manager B: engineer B what is the update on this? Why is there no progress.
Engineer B: boss, I'm working on that portion for manager A.
Manager B: why you work on that? I got give you approval meh? Please don't anyhow do things without my approval.
Engineer B: but manager A said he has spoken to you about it? I'm confused.
Manager B: yes he have spoken to me but I never agree to do. I also never decline.
Engineer B: so do or not?
Manager B: don't do first, let me settle with manager A.

(never settle involved higher manager C)


Manager B: what's the update?
Engineer B: you said don't do first wait for your approval..
Manager B: omg then you been working on what? Manager C want urgent update cause manager A updated him...
Engineer B (approach manager A) : so this part how to do? I need some guidance.
Manager A: your manager B say I cannot ask you must go through him. So you better ask him.
Engineer B: boss, manager A ask me to get your approval on how to proceed on this...
Manager B: don't know la. Never ask you to do. You go do for people. Now escalated to big boss become our problem. You solve it.

Engineer B: quit

Unregistered 29-04-2021 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 166995)
Can confirm...
Manager A: eh engineer B, can you help me process this, I've spoken to your manager B about this...
Engineer B: OK right away...
Manager B: engineer B what is the update on this? Why is there no progress.
Engineer B: boss, I'm working on that portion for manager A.
Manager B: why you work on that? I got give you approval meh? Please don't anyhow do things without my approval.
Engineer B: but manager A said he has spoken to you about it? I'm confused.
Manager B: yes he have spoken to me but I never agree to do. I also never decline.
Engineer B: so do or not?
Manager B: don't do first, let me settle with manager A.

(never settle involved higher manager C)


Manager B: what's the update?
Engineer B: you said don't do first wait for your approval..
Manager B: omg then you been working on what? Manager C want urgent update cause manager A updated him...
Engineer B (approach manager A) : so this part how to do? I need some guidance.
Manager A: your manager B say I cannot ask you must go through him. So you better ask him.
Engineer B: boss, manager A ask me to get your approval on how to proceed on this...
Manager B: don't know la. Never ask you to do. You go do for people. Now escalated to big boss become our problem. You solve it.

Engineer B: quit

Truly typically ST. Hahaha...

Unregistered 29-04-2021 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 166995)
Can confirm...
Manager A: eh engineer B, can you help me process this, I've spoken to your manager B about this...
Engineer B: OK right away...
Manager B: engineer B what is the update on this? Why is there no progress.
Engineer B: boss, I'm working on that portion for manager A.
Manager B: why you work on that? I got give you approval meh? Please don't anyhow do things without my approval.
Engineer B: but manager A said he has spoken to you about it? I'm confused.
Manager B: yes he have spoken to me but I never agree to do. I also never decline.
Engineer B: so do or not?
Manager B: don't do first, let me settle with manager A.

(never settle involved higher manager C)


Manager B: what's the update?
Engineer B: you said don't do first wait for your approval..
Manager B: omg then you been working on what? Manager C want urgent update cause manager A updated him...
Engineer B (approach manager A) : so this part how to do? I need some guidance.
Manager A: your manager B say I cannot ask you must go through him. So you better ask him.
Engineer B: boss, manager A ask me to get your approval on how to proceed on this...
Manager B: don't know la. Never ask you to do. You go do for people. Now escalated to big boss become our problem. You solve it.

Engineer B: quit

Lol. All these via email or verbal?

Unregistered 30-04-2021 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 167018)
Lol. All these via email or verbal?

Crooks and thieves are smart enough to not leave paper trail.
You think manager here don't know how to evade email?

Typical excuse
1. Oh I never read the email... Too many email... I give verbal OK.
2 If you insist that you prefer email, he will say OK he will check his email when he return to office.
3 then many many dags he will say he haven't got the opportunity to log into office network so can't check. Give vernal OK.
4. You ask them for whatapps confirmation. They just type "OK"
5. Then anything... They say I only type "OK" but I never agree to xxx and yyy...

All sort of taichi skills one la.

You can say the manager here are borderline liars.
Outside manager try to be true to their words. They want to be accountable.

Here the managers are notorious with their lies.
And they do so knowingly.
Why? To protect their rice bowl by making it into someone else's problem...

Which is also funny cause alot of things is also outsourced out..
Then ST is do what? Other than house and pay all this overpaid managers with job security.. The real work also subcon out.

Really think about it.
We have perm staff who are just the project manager.
But the work is done by outsource and subcontractor..

So ST is a management company? Or an engineering company?
Why is there more managers than engineers?
And why all engineers all also wannabe managers.

Unregistered 30-04-2021 08:59 AM

My manager excuse is the best..
"I have too many project meeting I can't even keep track"

My response to him..
"then I one person have so many project to execute with details, I can keep track ah while your pay is 3x mine?"

If manager cannot keep track just meeting.
Why we need to keep the manager? Fire. Get a better manager right?

Unregistered 30-04-2021 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 167057)
My manager excuse is the best..
"I have too many project meeting I can't even keep track"

My response to him..
"then I one person have so many project to execute with details, I can keep track ah while your pay is 3x mine?"

If manager cannot keep track just meeting.
Why we need to keep the manager? Fire. Get a better manager right?

They cannot keep track because they purposely don't want to keep track.
Either that.. Or they lack the skills and technical experience to manage a project...

Example our project is cloud based. The manager don't know cloud how to deploy. Etc.
How is he going to manage?? His previous experience are those logistic. Excel file. Diagram. Server room..

Cloud is different beast. No experience. Hire that manager for what?


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 06:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2