Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ST Electronics (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3060-st-electronics.html)

Unregistered 26-04-2021 04:47 PM

What the common exit options for ST?

Unregistered 26-04-2021 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 166641)
What the common exit options for ST?

Depends on your position and your past experience. Sad to say, a lot of attitudes and experience in ST won't really benefit the private sector as much as you might initially believed. So taking a paycut while you are still young to restart your career in an SME is a plausible option. Otherwise, you might have to consider taking up an entry level role in an MNC where you can rebuild your experience while you are still 'marketably' young. Nonetheless it is going to be a challenging transition. Good luck.

Unregistered 26-04-2021 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 166635)
What happened? What led to this?

Covid-19 la.
The whole aerospace no business. Company still want profit. Ceo still want bonus of millions...

So sacrifice all the low pay engineers so the senior management can get their million dollars bonus lo.
Logic.

Unregistered 26-04-2021 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 166635)
What happened? What led to this?

u went to other planets last year ah?

Unregistered 27-04-2021 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 166645)
Depends on your position and your past experience. Sad to say, a lot of attitudes and experience in ST won't really benefit the private sector as much as you might initially believed. So taking a paycut while you are still young to restart your career in an SME is a plausible option. Otherwise, you might have to consider taking up an entry level role in an MNC where you can rebuild your experience while you are still 'marketably' young. Nonetheless it is going to be a challenging transition. Good luck.

Just curious, why do you think 'a lot of attitudes and experience in ST won't benefit the private sector'?
I thought ST is a big company that many companies will be rushing to hire?

Unregistered 27-04-2021 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 166725)
Just curious, why do you think 'a lot of attitudes and experience in ST won't benefit the private sector'?

Attitude in private sector : if you bring no value, you have no skills, you doesn't help company earn money. Sorry you are out.
Attitude in ST : if u bring no value, I have no skills, I leech the company pay every month but does not contribute to the company in any form, other than taking up space and air... I play politics. Outlast take credit for work but don't do work.... I bet promoted.... After I get promoted I do even less.

Unregistered 27-04-2021 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 166726)
Attitude in private sector : if you bring no value, you have no skills, you doesn't help company earn money. Sorry you are out.
Attitude in ST : if u bring no value, I have no skills, I leech the company pay every month but does not contribute to the company in any form, other than taking up space and air... I play politics. Outlast take credit for work but don't do work.... I bet promoted.... After I get promoted I do even less.

I believe this applies to M1 and above employees but not necessarily to those E6 and below.

Unregistered 27-04-2021 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 166725)

Grossly incompetent, lack of critical thinking & disconnected from reality.
But not all are like that. Some of them are trying to break out of ST because they cannot fit into the toxic culture.

Unregistered 27-04-2021 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 166730)
Grossly incompetent, lack of critical thinking & disconnected from reality.
But not all are like that. Some of them are trying to break out of ST because they cannot fit into the toxic culture.

Let's see.
If I get paid 10k per month to do nothing...
Do I really need to connect to reality? Lol...

Manager paid 10k to ********. Engineer paid 4k.
Manager come late at 10 am excuse is just came back from meeting... Meeting who? Nobody knows.
Engineer in office since 8 am.

Engineer go lunch 12 pm
Manager already outside lunch come back around 2 pm.

Then manager afternoon meeting or what. 4pm leave to attend "meeting".

Right. Sure.
During covid-19 so many external meeting at dsta ah?
More like go home early cause nobody in office to micro manage lol.

So now no more WFH.
You can see them start attending lots and lots of meeting.

Maybe the title shouldt be manager la.
Should remane to "meeting attendee".

Then meeting nobody do anything. Just end up alot of taichi. Push here push there.
All manager no use one.

So management so useless....
You want engineer to be connected to reality and grounded and low pay and loyal and forward thinking??

Change all the managers first.
How can a division of 100 people. 80% are managers. 20% are engineers.
What a joke. The correct distribution is 80% are engineers. Only 10% is managers. And 10% extra.

Unregistered 27-04-2021 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 166739)
Let's see.
If I get paid 10k per month to do nothing...
Do I really need to connect to reality? Lol...

Manager paid 10k to ********. Engineer paid 4k.
Manager come late at 10 am excuse is just came back from meeting... Meeting who? Nobody knows.
Engineer in office since 8 am.

Engineer go lunch 12 pm
Manager already outside lunch come back around 2 pm.

Then manager afternoon meeting or what. 4pm leave to attend "meeting".

Right. Sure.
During covid-19 so many external meeting at dsta ah?
More like go home early cause nobody in office to micro manage lol.

So now no more WFH.
You can see them start attending lots and lots of meeting.

Maybe the title shouldt be manager la.
Should remane to "meeting attendee".

Then meeting nobody do anything. Just end up alot of taichi. Push here push there.
All manager no use one.

So management so useless....
You want engineer to be connected to reality and grounded and low pay and loyal and forward thinking??

Change all the managers first.
How can a division of 100 people. 80% are managers. 20% are engineers.
What a joke. The correct distribution is 80% are engineers. Only 10% is managers. And 10% extra.

Wah...very bad