Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ST Electronics (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3060-st-electronics.html)

Unregistered 30-04-2021 12:05 PM

Any advice
 
I work at mnc holding diploma international less than 3.6k
As help desk executive

St offer 4k
But E4 grade


Should I go

Unregistered 30-04-2021 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 167088)
I work at mnc holding diploma international less than 3.6k
As help desk executive

St offer 4k
But E4 grade


Should I go

If you just want to be a help desk exec for the rest of your life, then join them.

Unregistered 30-04-2021 12:51 PM

More advice
 
Working as mmc past 4 Year as help desk executive getting 3.6
My company notice 2 month



But st offer

4k
Permanent
e4 grade as assistant engineer

Please advise me more ...

Unregistered 30-04-2021 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 167090)
Working as mmc past 4 Year as help desk executive getting 3.6
My company notice 2 month



But st offer

4k
Permanent
e4 grade as assistant engineer

Please advise me more ...

So high?
I joined last year. E6 4.2k only wtf. Am I lowballed?

Unregistered 30-04-2021 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 167099)
So high?
I joined last year. E6 4.2k only wtf. Am I lowballed?

Yes before the new salary scheme 4.2k is in the range of E6.
Now after new salary scheme. No aws. And bonus also less.

The basic should be in the 5k range now.

So yes. You have been low balled into the old pay scheme while most of us is in the new pay scheme now.
And yes. Fresh grad already earning 5k senior pay nowadays.

So see a fresh grad. Tekan a fresh grad.
Must remember.

Unregistered 30-04-2021 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 167101)
Yes before the new salary scheme 4.2k is in the range of E6.
Now after new salary scheme. No aws. And bonus also less.

The basic should be in the 5k range now.

So yes. You have been low balled into the old pay scheme while most of us is in the new pay scheme now.
And yes. Fresh grad already earning 5k senior pay nowadays.

So see a fresh grad. Tekan a fresh grad.
Must remember.

Iím fresh grad E5 only 3.5k, why you wanna tekan me?

Unregistered 30-04-2021 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 167105)
Iím fresh grad E5 only 3.5k, why you wanna tekan me?

How come you still in old scheme?
My division E5 bragging he 4.5k only and he not happy cause its not 5k

Unregistered 30-04-2021 04:47 PM

pls lah...

monthly pay looks higher, but annual package is actually same or even lower (bonus cut)

Unregistered 30-04-2021 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 167118)
pls lah...

monthly pay looks higher, but annual package is actually same or even lower (bonus cut)

Some people like that feel good effect of having a superficially higher pay.
Getting paid well to do nothing until a retrenchment/restructuring takes place and they find themselve out of job. I hope they can survive.

Unregistered 30-04-2021 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 167067)
You nailed the problem and the issue!

Outside world. Manager is manage customer. Manager serve as the focal point for customer to shoot. Liaise delegate. Manager manage customer.

In ST, manager manage employee. But manager lack the knowledge so how to manage?
So end up have someone with the pay of a manager just to check your progress.

And you begin to ask yourself. Why don't just fire the manager and increase all the existing employee pay now with the fired manager.

Why need so many manager? Why need a business unit manager. Then a division manager. Then a deputy division manager. Then a team manager. Then a project manager. Then a project lead manager. Then a team lead. Then another operations manager. Then a businee development manager. Then a technology manager? So many ****ing manager...

Why need so many ****ING lead in job title and so called manager but no one is actually doing the work?? Other than just talk and discuss about a project that for 4 years still in discussion phase? While justifying the high pay for all this 10k per month manager...

Delegation of tasks : Division manager -> Deputy Division Manager -> Department Manager -> Deputy Department Manager -> Project Director -> Project Manager -> Team Lead -> Project Engineer

Other meetings that Project Engineer will need to settle after on top arrow down on him :
Operation Manager -> Operational issues
Technical Manager -> Technical issues
Account Manager -> Pre-sales tender
Product Manager -> Product issues
QA Manager -> Quality issues
Procurement Manager -> Supplier issues


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 07:54 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2