Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ST Electronics (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3060-st-electronics.html)

Unregistered 22-02-2021 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 156776)
Your analogy is funny. It's precisely the bosses have no idea of what the engineers are doing that is why they need the supervisors to sell the engineers. When the engineering teams are hand-tied due to lack of tools and the unwillingness of the management to invest in new methodologies, the teams get the blame. The teams make recommendations to management for budgeting, rejected due to cost. Teams ask to go course upgrade, rejected due to not in budget.

You have no idea how stuck in the well some bosses are when it comes to the latest technology and practices. Give you sand and water but expect you to build a cement house.

Probably you put on the best wayang show for your bosses to see.

For a company that is called ST Engineering. I find it hilarious that it's run by non engineers Management.

Unregistered 22-02-2021 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 156776)
Your analogy is funny. It's precisely the bosses have no idea of what the engineers are doing that is why they need the supervisors to sell the engineers. When the engineering teams are hand-tied due to lack of tools and the unwillingness of the management to invest in new methodologies, the teams get the blame. The teams make recommendations to management for budgeting, rejected due to cost. Teams ask to go course upgrade, rejected due to not in budget.

You have no idea how stuck in the well some bosses are when it comes to the latest technology and practices. Give you sand and water but expect you to build a cement house.

Probably you put on the best wayang show for your bosses to see.

You don't know meh? All the seniors is this attitude. Anything don't say cannot do.
But also won't do.

I look at you. You look at me. Not my taichi. Not your taichi.
Ask management solve lo.

Unregistered 22-02-2021 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 156779)
You don't know meh? All the seniors is this attitude. Anything don't say cannot do.
But also won't do.

I look at you. You look at me. Not my taichi. Not your taichi.
Ask management solve lo.

Management don't care la.
Last time when I was there they send us go devops course la. Agile la.
But in the end all cannot practise cause cannot use cloud la. Cannot use the tool la. Cannot buy the tool la.

Talk only want to adopt latest methodology but still in the ancient old days of outdated laptop

Unregistered 22-02-2021 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 156787)
Management don't care la.
Last time when I was there they send us go devops course la. Agile la.
But in the end all cannot practise cause cannot use cloud la. Cannot use the tool la. Cannot buy the tool la.

Talk only want to adopt latest methodology but still in the ancient old days of outdated laptop

Give you sand and water.
Expect you to turn into cement

noot 22-02-2021 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 156788)
Give you sand and water.
Expect you to turn into cement

You pcc out the zhup also can make baby, what's so difficult to make cement?

Unregistered 22-02-2021 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noot (Post 156789)
You pcc out the zhup also can make baby, what's so difficult to make cement?

i girl cannot make zhup out

Unregistered 23-02-2021 11:20 PM

Any news about bonus?

Unregistered 24-02-2021 01:30 AM

s://sg.finance.yahoo.com/news/st-engineering-keeps-dividend-unchanged-233006100.html

Unregistered 26-02-2021 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 156778)
For a company that is called ST Engineering. I find it hilarious that it's run by non engineers Management.

Its true.
Share with you something funny in ny division got a M1 he call himself operations manager, but designation is assistant principal manager...
Funny cause M1 is assistant principal engineer la. Not manager la.

Then hor, his RO M2... He also call himself principal manager....
Those ppl M... They really think M stands for management.. Then E5/E6 is engineers.

Anyway 2020 is bad year that now my boss even ask E6 engineers to do prokect management to bring business to company...
Engineer work become management work now ah.
Then those M1, M2 whose job supposed to be that.. Now do engineering troubleshoot and repair work ah?

Unregistered 26-02-2021 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 157172)
Its true.
Share with you something funny in ny division got a M1 he call himself operations manager, but designation is assistant principal manager...
Funny cause M1 is assistant principal engineer la. Not manager la.

Then hor, his RO M2... He also call himself principal manager....
Those ppl M... They really think M stands for management.. Then E5/E6 is engineers.

Anyway 2020 is bad year that now my boss even ask E6 engineers to do prokect management to bring business to company...
Engineer work become management work now ah.
Then those M1, M2 whose job supposed to be that.. Now do engineering troubleshoot and repair work ah?

I also no comment previously my RO is M3 senior principal engineer. He just taichi the work to me... To do the system design. Discuss with him. He don't know how to verify the system can work or not. Everything just rely on me. Anything goes wrong also blame me..

In the project system architect is him.. Not me I'm just a lowly senior engineer.
Now after reorg he became VP new title. Got his own office now...

Then why am I not promoted to be M3 to take up his position? Why am I still E6. Not even M1 or M2
So he get a higher inflation position while not even doing his job previously.

While I'm stuck as senior engineer for the past 4 years with no promotion.
I brought it up to him that I have been doing architect work etc. When is my promotion.

He say... No headcount to promote me.
I'm like wtf.

Next month onwards I'll start to come late at 930 am instead of 8 am and go long lunch..
I want to get fired liao.


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 02:36 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2