Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ST Electronics (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3060-st-electronics.html)

Unregistered 08-03-2021 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CorgiHamster (Post 158149)
actually ST Land Systems got do robotics and AI stuff isnt it?

secret. we cannot confirm nor deny any speculations.

Unregistered 08-03-2021 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CorgiHamster (Post 158107)
currently FCH from NTU, planning to apply for SgIS scholarship into ST, aiming to do Robotics & AI in ST. Anyone know how much the starting pay today? Heard from career coach is very high now, like mid 4k, but i see people here still burning ST for terrible pay?? very confused now

my recommendation to you is to join DSTA instead.

Unregistered 08-03-2021 10:43 PM

will there be bonus?

Unregistered 08-03-2021 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 158209)
will there be bonus?

you should count lucky we didn't not renew your contract

CorgiHamster 08-03-2021 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 158206)
my recommendation to you is to join DSTA instead.

tried applying mid term scholarship with them. no interview at all. will joining DSTA/DSO as a farmer be better than having the SgIS scholarship with companies like Micron or ST?

Unregistered 09-03-2021 08:39 AM

A very big misconception: SGIS means faster promotion and faster career track.

No guarantee for faster promotion nor faster career track. Only ST owned overseas scholars from imperial 4 years direct masters have better chance. SGIS is just equivalent of a fresh grad engineer from local uni. Seen SGIS scholars did alot but still slower progression than normal engineer. It all depends alot on your supervisor and exposure. End of the day, scholar is just a name. Its your take home pay at the end of the day that matters.

Unregistered 09-03-2021 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 158117)
Around 2016 ish the benchmark from HR is 3.6k...but 2019 got pay scheme change. So bonus go into base to make it more attractive but annual is the same.

So it's not unlikely frsh grad get 4k now. Cause my junior who joined 2019 asking for 3.5k got offered 3.6k.je was very happy cause company offered him more than he ask. But he didn't know he got the benchmark salary..

So after 1 year and pay change. His base become 4k become happy again. But he didn't realised that fresh grad joining that year is also 4k so he is still getting fresh grad pay after 1 year.

ST is good in illusion

I was E5 in ST for almost 5 years. Without promotion, the pay will lag behind new E5 hires every year. Unless the person can carry balls and promote every 2 years, the pay will definitely lag behind. Someone mentioned here that the annual increment is 3% and that wasn't what I experienced. The division I was in on average increment is 2% (back then is A grade) and less than 1.5% for C graders.

They can repackage their remunerations all they want but it's very obvious the pegging of salary to market-rate only applies for new hires. If not, all current staff will have a huge increase in salary.

Unregistered 09-03-2021 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 157696)
Agreed we contract have to do something or else contract not renewed.
Perm staff liao do or don't do will only end up with more promotion.

Even if you don't exceed expectations, you still be promoted based on length...

But its also good that perm staff quit la. Then outsource can be converted...

Good good.

Actually, a lot of perm staff left also not that good.

Once my former division had a lot of experienced hires leaving within a span of few months. So they had no choice but to mass promote those stuck at E5 for 5 to 7 years to E6. Not sure why but about 60% of the newly promoted E6s left within months.

Unregistered 09-03-2021 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 158226)
Actually, a lot of perm staff left also not that good.

Once my former division had a lot of experienced hires leaving within a span of few months. So they had no choice but to mass promote those stuck at E5 for 5 to 7 years to E6. Not sure why but about 60% of the newly promoted E6s left within months.

Sorry, I meant to promote and convert to perm.

Unregistered 09-03-2021 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 158202)
secret. we cannot confirm nor deny any speculations.

Lol play with robot then say so lah, simi secret lanjiao man