Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ST Electronics (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3060-st-electronics.html)

Unregistered 22-06-2021 06:34 AM

My bonus last few years range from 2.4 to 2.7 mths as perm staff. Not excluding since covid began which last 2 years bonus sucked. Around 2 mths and below.

Unregistered 22-06-2021 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 175080)
Hi. Am senior engineer E6, salary just below $5.4k. Perm for >5 years. Is this good?

seems just about right. Should be new scheme. wait until you hear those perm E6 with 4.2k salary where some fresh grad already start at 4k and above.

Unregistered 22-06-2021 11:54 PM

Quote:

Hi. Am senior engineer E6, salary just below $5.4k. Perm for >5 years. Is this good?

No idea. But just started perm this year E6, 5.2k. So yup. Don't be too sad.

Unregistered 23-06-2021 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 175158)
seems just about right. Should be new scheme. wait until you hear those perm E6 with 4.2k salary where some fresh grad already start at 4k and above.

How does E6 get only 4.2k? Is it because of their low starting pay years ago due to their lower qualification? Or are they gradudates but increment sucked?

Unregistered 23-06-2021 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 175158)

How does E6 get only 4.2k? Is it because of their low starting pay years ago due to their lower qualification? Or are they graduates but increment sucked?

Unregistered 23-06-2021 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 173945)
Boss will not approve for sure, secondly if really can I think best is not to have you as colleague if not your colleague need to cover 1 month ++

In my previous division, the more senior staff (M2 and above) are able to clear around 1 month at a go, one after another. So basically during EOY the whole area is so empty.

Unregistered 23-06-2021 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 175240)
How does E6 get only 4.2k? Is it because of their low starting pay years ago due to their lower qualification? Or are they gradudates but increment sucked?

I think that is correct, especially with now the packages are calculated now. Even with old packages the new hires will have slightly higher pay, with 13th month rolled the differences will be even bigger.

I think it's quite the norm that usually new hires will have higher pay than old-timers of the same grade. Not many companies will have salary adjustments to match market forces. However, I still think the biggest factor here is the measely annual increment. If a staff gets $100 on a good year, but new hires are already paid $200 more for basic, there is no way for the existing staff to match the salary of new hire if they are in the same grade.

Unregistered 23-06-2021 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 175247)
I think that is correct, especially with now the packages are calculated now. Even with old packages the new hires will have slightly higher pay, with 13th month rolled the differences will be even bigger.

I think it's quite the norm that usually new hires will have higher pay than old-timers of the same grade. Not many companies will have salary adjustments to match market forces. However, I still think the biggest factor here is the measely annual increment. If a staff gets $100 on a good year, but new hires are already paid $200 more for basic, there is no way for the existing staff to match the salary of new hire if they are in the same grade.

maybe when u are M2 and above, u'll get more perks and bonus.

Unregistered 23-06-2021 02:46 PM

Is this place good for experienced hires who just want to retire and collect salary?

Unregistered 24-06-2021 12:15 AM

Quote:

That's pretty good. Graduated with FCH? Most of the E6s I know haven't hit $5k yet.