Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ST Electronics (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3060-st-electronics.html)

Unregistered 21-02-2022 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 204006)
Seriously?? That's the first time I am hearing a company like this exists.
What is the sort of project planning you have? Like phase, milestones and deliverables?

bro me puzzled too, lol, no liabilities eh?

Unregistered 22-02-2022 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 204032)

actually the company is good, they just dont want you to join lah

Unregistered 22-02-2022 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 204072)
actually the company is good, they just dont want you to join lah

Like this the troller very hardworking keep posting sia

Unregistered 22-02-2022 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 204076)
Like this the troller very hardworking keep posting sia

i have never heard a company can survive this long with that sort of culture. They like to use words like parachute from customer who become your boss, anyway what is parachute?? ask customer to close eyes on projects that failed... seriously??? They dare to do that???, leave ST then cannot survive elsewhere and many came back to ST??? How is this real? People leave and don't go back unless it is an increment or higher post and they go back because their previous company asked them to. Super long tea break or lunch and nothing better to do. This is just incredulous. How can a company survive this long with this type of culture. How can such a company exist???

Unregistered 22-02-2022 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 204086)
i have never heard a company can survive this long with that sort of culture. They like to use words like parachute from customer who become your boss, anyway what is parachute?? ask customer to close eyes on projects that failed... seriously??? They dare to do that???, leave ST then cannot survive elsewhere and many came back to ST??? How is this real? People leave and don't go back unless it is an increment or higher post and they go back because their previous company asked them to. Super long tea break or lunch and nothing better to do. This is just incredulous. How can a company survive this long with this type of culture. How can such a company exist???

From the place I’m from, sure will kanna liquidated damages.
Don’t know how they can survive and slp soundly 😂

Unregistered 22-02-2022 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 204092)
From the place I’m from, sure will kanna liquidated damages.
Don’t know how they can survive and slp soundly 😂

Ya. So i don't believe ST will ask customer to close eyes. Customers will sue them. Parachute? I don't even know what do they mean by that. How to parachute a customer in to become your boss? What nonsense.

Unregistered 22-02-2022 08:57 AM

Seems like many are unaware of the MINDEF culture in ST. Parachute simply means your MINDEF customer suddenly retired and got offered mgmt role in ST as his 2nd career post 45 years old. They dare to ask customer close 1 eye because customers are mainly from defence sector and ST folks are likely ex defence folks who know the customers at a friend-friend level during their time in MINDEF.

Unregistered 22-02-2022 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 204006)
Seriously?? That's the first time I am hearing a company like this exists.
What is the sort of project planning you have? Like phase, milestones and deliverables?

The initial plan is there, but they forgot the most important things they have to do: plan, manage and communicate. They just leave it to those under them to deal with the customers.

Not all PMs are like that, but there are certainly more than 1 black sheep.

Unregistered 22-02-2022 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 204032)

They will find ways to appease the customers, but those doing the technical work will suffer.

Unregistered 22-02-2022 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 204096)
Seems like many are unaware of the MINDEF culture in ST. Parachute simply means your MINDEF customer suddenly retired and got offered mgmt role in ST as his 2nd career post 45 years old. They dare to ask customer close 1 eye because customers are mainly from defence sector and ST folks are likely ex defence folks who know the customers at a friend-friend level during their time in MINDEF.

Impossible. I don’t believe because this is too unprofessional. I have ex-colleagues who became customers/suppliers. We treat each other professionally at work even though we drink together, doesn’t matter if it is post 35, 45 or 55 years old. I CANNOT ask a customer even if he is my close friend to close eye. Neither will my friends who happen to be my suppliers do that to me. As a professional, we have to account to our management, customers, society at large and whatever interested parties defined in our ISO9001 quality manual. There is no such thing as ownself check ownself because I will either get a big fat nonconformance for rectification or the police will be involved, true for a staff as it is for the top management. My projects are all auditable by quality, finance etc. Even going to lunch with suppliers/customers, accepting gifts even on private context, business trips are mandated by global corporate compliance with strict guidelines like not more than USD$1 or not allowed. You violate that guideline, you either get dismissed or you face the law.