Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ST Electronics (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3060-st-electronics.html)

Unregistered 22-02-2022 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 204098)
The initial plan is there, but they forgot the most important things they have to do: plan, manage and communicate. They just leave it to those under them to deal with the customers.
Not all PMs are like that, but there are certainly more than 1 black sheep.

What sort of plan? Do you have a high level common description?
Something like this? Of course this is just a very rough high level description. There are RASCI matrixes, pugh matrixes, many deliverables linked to each phase and gate

Phase 1: Concept
Gate 1: Concept Acceptance
Phase 2: Development
Gate 2: Design Verification aka SIT
Phase 3: Testing
Gate 3: Design Validation aka UAT
Phase 4: Safe Launch
Gate 4: Pilot
Phase 5: Transfer to Operations
Gate 5: Project handover
Phase 6: Feedback
Gate 6: Project closure

Unregistered 22-02-2022 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 204112)
Impossible. I don’t believe because this is too unprofessional. I have ex-colleagues who became customers/suppliers. We treat each other professionally at work even though we drink together, doesn’t matter if it is post 35, 45 or 55 years old. I CANNOT ask a customer even if he is my close friend to close eye. Neither will my friends who happen to be my suppliers do that to me. As a professional, we have to account to our management, customers, society at large and whatever interested parties defined in our ISO9001 quality manual. There is no such thing as ownself check ownself because I will either get a big fat nonconformance for rectification or the police will be involved, true for a staff as it is for the top management. My projects are all auditable by quality, finance etc. Even going to lunch with suppliers/customers, accepting gifts even on private context, business trips are mandated by global corporate compliance with strict guidelines like not more than USD$1 or not allowed. You violate that guideline, you either get dismissed or you face the law.

If everything happens so nicely as you described, we won't need audit dept anymore. :o

Unregistered 22-02-2022 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 204121)
If everything happens so nicely as you described, we won't need audit dept anymore. :o

No. Everyone should be subjected to audit with or without the optimistic environment, regardless how nicely things are happening. Because in MNC corporate entities, the impression of ownself check ownself must never be presented even when there is no corruption. This is accountability to staff, customer, suppliers, society and authorities. They must be given the confidence as much as possible with evidence they can see and experience to the best of our capabilities. And this is basic MNC knowledge and behavior.

Unregistered 22-02-2022 12:23 PM

Cannot be so cui la, if not our national security how

Unregistered 22-02-2022 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 204131)
Cannot be so cui la, if not our national security how

Agreed. I don't believe there is such a thing called parachute in ST. How can you throw someone with no experience running the BU into a position just for the sake of retirement. This is plain stupid from the perspective of value creation. And how can they ask customer to close eyes??? How much money are they going to pump into the organization to sustain these incompetence? Describing the company as though it is straight out of a **** hole. Seriously... This is too far fetched.

Reality rating: 0/10

Unregistered 22-02-2022 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 204145)
Agreed. I don't believe there is such a thing called parachute in ST. How can you throw someone with no experience running the BU into a position just for the sake of retirement. This is plain stupid from the perspective of value creation. And how can they ask customer to close eyes??? How much money are they going to pump into the organization to sustain these incompetence? Describing the company as though it is straight out of a **** hole. Seriously... This is too far fetched.

You go and see linkedln, where all the department head was from....

Unregistered 22-02-2022 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 204145)

There are senior management who are retired SAF generals or former high ranking officials from civil service and stat boards.

Unregistered 22-02-2022 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 204158)
You go and see linkedln, where all the department head was from....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 204168)
There are senior management who are retired SAF generals or former high ranking officials from civil service and stat boards.

I didn't check them out. But I don't think a company as big as ST hires only from 1 source especially with senior management. This is a taboo in talent management. Just sounds too incredulous. Diversity allows the organization to tap on the varied human resources so that they can harness the best from a wider pool of talents. I worked in a few MNCs in my whole working life and I have colleagues from a very wide pool of nationality and background globally. With competition worldwide, we have to stay ahead of competition so diversity definitely works in our favour.

Unregistered 22-02-2022 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 204200)
I didn't check them out. But I don't think a company as big as ST hires only from 1 source especially with senior management. This is a taboo in talent management. Just sounds too incredulous. Diversity allows the organization to tap on the varied human resources so that they can harness the best from a wider pool of talents. I worked in a few MNCs in my whole working life and I have colleagues from a very wide pool of nationality and background globally. With competition worldwide, we have to stay ahead of competition so diversity definitely works in our favour.

Of course not all senior management staff are from SAF or civil service. However, when they are sourced to take over business functions in a technical company like ST, it is glaring and does raise questions. This is especially so when people cannot relate the skills set from military and civil service to an electronics company, probably other than people skills.

Just my own experience, when they come in, the changes made usually lowers morale.

Unregistered 22-02-2022 04:59 PM

Oi go work la. Ask you come work is to do work, not to chit chat on forum la. Lazy buggers.