Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ST Electronics (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3060-st-electronics.html)

Unregistered 03-02-2021 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 155577)
Take two more. Whole team stay till 9

In china we do 9-9-6
9am to 9pm six days a week

Like that can learn and promote

Sure. Asking salary will be 10k for project engineer then.

Unregistered 03-02-2021 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 155577)
Take two more. Whole team stay till 9

In china we do 9-9-6
9am to 9pm six days a week

Like that can learn and promote

"We" ?? Please go back to where you came from.

Unregistered 03-02-2021 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 155576)
The problem is when we request to learn new thing or do new project, it is an "ADD ON" to your current job scope, instead of you remove 1 old project you are doing, and then you take in 1 new project.........in the end cannot cope.....overload yourself, which is stupid

I think by now you should know there's nothing called "remove" in ST. Status quo is the best you can get. Take the new projects if it allows you to learn and grow. Or make use of this opportunity to wayang in front of the bosses, especially if you are the project manager or engineer. You will see yourself climb the ladder.

Trust me on this. When I was still in ST, my team and I got sabotaged by wayang project managers and engineers. They got all the promotion by sending lots of finger pointing emails and we got all the blames and craps.

Unregistered 03-02-2021 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 155612)
I think by now you should know there's nothing called "remove" in ST. Status quo is the best you can get. Take the new projects if it allows you to learn and grow. Or make use of this opportunity to wayang in front of the bosses, especially if you are the project manager or engineer. You will see yourself climb the ladder.

Trust me on this. When I was still in ST, my team and I got sabotaged by wayang project managers and engineers. They got all the promotion by sending lots of finger pointing emails and we got all the blames and craps.

Yes. This is not only in ST.
Every company out there.
Facebook. Shopee. Govtech. Byte dance. Google. Amazon.

It's the same. Where there is work, there is conflict.
As for promotion, the proven method is you pray in CNY for wealth. Or burn incense.. That's your best bet to getting ahead at work. If you not Buddhist, then Christian I believe is pay tithe to church right? Pay 10% for blessing. Other religion own practices.

But that said, if you start your own company etc. Also same thing your employees all just want to leech from you. Like razer boss notorious for being ruthless and dictatorship.

This is life. Can't escape.
So best motto is no chup.

Unregistered 03-02-2021 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 155632)
Yes. This is not only in ST.
Every company out there.
Facebook. Shopee. Govtech. Byte dance. Google. Amazon.

It's the same. Where there is work, there is conflict.
As for promotion, the proven method is you pray in CNY for wealth. Or burn incense.. That's your best bet to getting ahead at work. If you not Buddhist, then Christian I believe is pay tithe to church right? Pay 10% for blessing. Other religion own practices.

But that said, if you start your own company etc. Also same thing your employees all just want to leech from you. Like razer boss notorious for being ruthless and dictatorship.

This is life. Can't escape.
So best motto is no chup.

That's why people want to retire mah!!! Retirement basically mean don't have to give a ****..
But then same thing retiree, you go holiday or what. Also subject to wayang.aorline overbooked.
Package overpriced etc

Same thing if you billionaires. Government come for you from tax.
People target you and your family for crime.

No escape.

Unregistered 03-02-2021 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 155553)
I agree with this advice. Ask your boss whether got new project / technology / process etc coming up in the next 1-2 years. If there are new technologies or processes, check if there are courses for you to go. If no, just tahan doing the current projects and processes until you are certain nothing else to learn. After that can start to look around for new opportunities.

Nah this advice is the worst advice.
My colleague recently shared with me that his staff under him wanted to transfer to another team etc cause he prefer a different environment etc.

Guess what happened? My colleague blacklist him. Bluff him stay for 1 year to learn...
Then gave him bad performance to give him low increment and don't give him chance to transfer.

People hire you to do the job. Go thru so many obstacles.. Then you want to be transferred to another more glamorous department... Use us as stepping stone.

Boss hate it when their staff keep asking for pgoreaa etc. Nobody can give you extra bonus la. It's all pre determined. Nobody wants to do the job.

Only fresh grad all excited want high pay fast etc. Thinking do more means more pay.
Only those seniors know "don't want more work, you can give me less increment I'm fine."

Unregistered 04-02-2021 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 155637)
Nah this advice is the worst advice.
My colleague recently shared with me that his staff under him wanted to transfer to another team etc cause he prefer a different environment etc.

Guess what happened? My colleague blacklist him. Bluff him stay for 1 year to learn...
Then gave him bad performance to give him low increment and don't give him chance to transfer.

People hire you to do the job. Go thru so many obstacles.. Then you want to be transferred to another more glamorous department... Use us as stepping stone.

Boss hate it when their staff keep asking for pgoreaa etc. Nobody can give you extra bonus la. It's all pre determined. Nobody wants to do the job.

Only fresh grad all excited want high pay fast etc. Thinking do more means more pay.
Only those seniors know "don't want more work, you can give me less increment I'm fine."

Means you and your "colleague" are the same level. Stepping stone for progression?? I don't think so. More to the staff doing more work and hit the boss KPI to use as stepping stone... If you practice a healthy working environment, nobody will want to leave.

People leave bosses not leaders/organization.

Unregistered 04-02-2021 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 155679)
Means you and your "colleague" are the same level. Stepping stone for progression?? I don't think so. More to the staff doing more work and hit the boss KPI to use as stepping stone... If you practice a healthy working environment, nobody will want to leave.

People leave bosses not leaders/organization.

Here's a thought, we. Me and my colleague also stuck at this department.
Need help do hire fresh grad. Haven't even 1 year want to transfer out.

Abit waste our time to train and retrain.
This id also why we don't promote new people.
Promote for what if they going to leave

Unregistered 05-02-2021 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 155692)
Here's a thought, we. Me and my colleague also stuck at this department.
Need help do hire fresh grad. Haven't even 1 year want to transfer out.

Abit waste our time to train and retrain.
This id also why we don't promote new people.
Promote for what if they going to leave

On the other hand, if a staff stayed for 6 years, no promotion, no progression, nothing new to learn, they might also leave. On top of that, all the sweet talks but no genuine intention to retain staff.

While I agree these days some fresh grads attitude leave much to be desired, there are certainly good staff out there grinding for the company for years without any form of encouragement by the management. In this case, not only the staff attitude matters. The transparency and fair consideration shown by the management to groom and retain staff is very important.

If one fresh grad wants to transfer out within a year, maybe that's his problem. If it occurs often even to experienced hires, somewhere there is something wrong with the department which is not realised by the management.

Unregistered 05-02-2021 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 155752)
On the other hand, if a staff stayed for 6 years, no promotion, no progression, nothing new to learn, they might also leave. On top of that, all the sweet talks but no genuine intention to retain staff.

While I agree these days some fresh grads attitude leave much to be desired, there are certainly good staff out there grinding for the company for years without any form of encouragement by the management. In this case, not only the staff attitude matters. The transparency and fair consideration shown by the management to groom and retain staff is very important.

If one fresh grad wants to transfer out within a year, maybe that's his problem. If it occurs often even to experienced hires, somewhere there is something wrong with the department which is not realised by the management.

You all already wrong to assume ST intention is to groom talent.
All the position of power is already taken up by long timer. They won't relinquish their power and position

They just need cheap willing labor to do the work and when things go wrong as a scapegoat.
No intention to groom engineer to be become division manager la.

All those VP, svp, avp all those role already reserved for own gang liao