Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ST Electronics (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3060-st-electronics.html)

Unregistered 29-01-2021 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 155404)
Please la. all those posting 2-3 mins is stealing money from company. What you guys doing here surfing the net spending that 2-3mins? don't check your phone for the whole day la. company pay u to do work not check your phone or fb or Instagram. don't act like you all did your diligent when you guys are just as bad or even worst. Act diligent but rotten from inside. That's what the company is about.

Such actions are quite prevalent in ST. Not sure why no one frowned on it or make an issue out of it. Perhaps too many old perm staff will be affected.

Unregistered 29-01-2021 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 155418)
"I leave on time or at most 15 minutes more because of bus timing."

Didn't know leaving 15 minutes later is akin to leaving 15 minutes early.

Then why you kena marked and affected your increment, bonus, promotion then?
Weird sia.

Unregistered 29-01-2021 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 155420)
Then why you kena marked and affected your increment, bonus, promotion then?
Weird sia.

No idea how promotion is decided by the management but they usually promote those who interface with KAH of their customers. The rest are considered support and to the management, these teams do not add value or not doing work because there were so many issues that weren't resolved.

For my case, if the engineering teams cannot deliver, I can't do anything because my work has to involve the physical product. There's only so much admin work and documents I can do. So when the delays hit a few project, I can literally sit there for weeks (record was 3 months) and just help around with mundane stuff. When the teams finally deliver, I have to rush 3 to 4 projects at once. My job literally involves rush to wait (finish admin stuff), wait to rush (after physical products are completed).

So, I looked like I'm either not doing anything, or cannot finish due to all the sudden influx of work. Our team has requested to get one more headcount to help, management rejected. Instead they say ask around see who can help (even offered our HR admin) when my role needs specific technical knowledge. All suggestions to management to improve our product lifecycle in general were rejected.

My supervisor tried to promote 2 twice but both times were rejected with some lame excuses like problems that's beyond my scope (like blaming software engineer for hardware issue). So I decided enough was enough and it's time to leave this place.

Unregistered 31-01-2021 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 155262)
You which department? My department those start late etc 9 am also by 6 pm all disappeared. Just stay like 5 minutes later let other people leave first so boss have the impression they stayed later.

Politics move..

Can’t reveal la.. i’m also a fresh grad and currently my 8th month with the company. They passed on a few projects for me to handle and i’m pretty much the main ‘lead’ so therefore stressful and have to stay late so that I can meet deadlines.. I do see other departments just opposite from me, leaving on the dot and coming in late. Pretty envious of them man....

Unregistered 01-02-2021 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 155500)
Can’t reveal la.. i’m also a fresh grad and currently my 8th month with the company. They passed on a few projects for me to handle and i’m pretty much the main ‘lead’ so therefore stressful and have to stay late so that I can meet deadlines.. I do see other departments just opposite from me, leaving on the dot and coming in late. Pretty envious of them man....

Overworked young man

Unregistered 01-02-2021 01:01 AM

Quote:

Only you in your team overworked? How about the rest?

thinkinghard 01-02-2021 01:37 PM

Quote:

is the work you are doing now will benefit your future prospect and good value in it? if yes, stay until the work that you do does not benefit anymore or at least 2 - 3 years and leave. This is what i did when i have little experience, and the next job that i hop to give me a 30% more ;)

Unregistered 02-02-2021 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thinkinghard (Post 155520)
is the work you are doing now will benefit your future prospect and good value in it? if yes, stay until the work that you do does not benefit anymore or at least 2 - 3 years and leave. This is what i did when i have little experience, and the next job that i hop to give me a 30% more ;)

I agree with this advice. Ask your boss whether got new project / technology / process etc coming up in the next 1-2 years. If there are new technologies or processes, check if there are courses for you to go. If no, just tahan doing the current projects and processes until you are certain nothing else to learn. After that can start to look around for new opportunities.

Unregistered 02-02-2021 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 155553)
I agree with this advice. Ask your boss whether got new project / technology / process etc coming up in the next 1-2 years. If there are new technologies or processes, check if there are courses for you to go. If no, just tahan doing the current projects and processes until you are certain nothing else to learn. After that can start to look around for new opportunities.

The problem is when we request to learn new thing or do new project, it is an "ADD ON" to your current job scope, instead of you remove 1 old project you are doing, and then you take in 1 new project.........in the end cannot cope.....overload yourself, which is stupid

Unregistered 02-02-2021 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 155576)
The problem is when we request to learn new thing or do new project, it is an "ADD ON" to your current job scope, instead of you remove 1 old project you are doing, and then you take in 1 new project.........in the end cannot cope.....overload yourself, which is stupid

Take two more. Whole team stay till 9

In china we do 9-9-6
9am to 9pm six days a week

Like that can learn and promote