Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ST Electronics (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3060-st-electronics.html)

Unregistered 11-10-2021 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 185378)
Ya. Funny people think they can promote with a diploma only. 10 year experience so what? Talk so much what value add. Last Time got 1 interviewee got what six sic mah or don't know what taekwondo green belt want to apply for manager but when i ask why no degree, he give what stupid reason does not value add. Dun have means dun have. I dun care what value or how much money he make for the company or how many project he run before lah. No degree do you think he can do this? Big cannon fairy also must be realistic.

my side got people O level getting promoted at age 55 to M1.

got another guy w diploma to M2 in late 40s to early 50s

Unregistered 12-10-2021 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 185915)
Tired. Really tired working in STE..

Why tired? So relax nothing to do one.

Unregistered 12-10-2021 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 185940)
Why tired? So relax nothing to do one.

It really depends. It won't be relaxing and nothing to do for divisions with few big projects and many small ones in between, especially if the management prefers lean manpower arrangement, i.e. every team is lacking manpower. In such cases, even M2 and M3s have to do work.

Unregistered 12-10-2021 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 185945)
It really depends. It won't be relaxing and nothing to do for divisions with few big projects and many small ones in between, especially if the management prefers lean manpower arrangement, i.e. every team is lacking manpower. In such cases, even M2 and M3s have to do work.

yes there are places where even M4 and M5 are doing coding and system administration & operations work in addition to their regular scope

Unregistered 16-10-2021 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 185945)

mine is cannot retain ppl... so every time lacking manpower. Most of the M grades are overworked here -_-

Unregistered 17-10-2021 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186713)
mine is cannot retain ppl... so every time lacking manpower. Most of the M grades are overworked here -_-

Reason why unable to retain staffs?

Unregistered 19-10-2021 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186840)

My guess is very heavy workload and serious lack of manpower. If not the management is horrible, else they hire a lot of outsourced staff who were pushed with all the work left after knowing how much more disadvantaged their packages are.

Unregistered 19-10-2021 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187036)
My guess is very heavy workload and serious lack of manpower. If not the management is horrible, else they hire a lot of outsourced staff who were pushed with all the work left after knowing how much more disadvantaged their packages are.

The former. Multiple projects, got leave also cannot take. Some projects the moment 1 person leave can gg

Unregistered 19-10-2021 06:54 PM

Quote:

Usually poor competence amongst management leading to bad culture.

Unregistered 21-10-2021 11:14 AM

Quote:

Promote only scholar. Scholar do mostly presentation and networking. Take minutes for bosses. Non technical competent.

Technical guys face delayed promotion. Bad grade etc.