Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ST Electronics (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3060-st-electronics.html)

Unregistered 30-09-2021 09:41 PM

What is the total compensation in DSO IC design?

I found that DSO hires IC designers these days. I am due to graduate from NUS EE and so I would like to know what are the average pay, number of months of bonus and AWS the DSO pays?

Unregistered 01-10-2021 03:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 184825)
I found that DSO hires IC designers these days. I am due to graduate from NUS EE and so I would like to know what are the average pay, number of months of bonus and AWS the DSO pays?

3k+, maybe 6k after 8-10 years..retire at aroubd 8k if lucky!

Unregistered 01-10-2021 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 184851)
3k+, maybe 6k after 8-10 years..retire at aroubd 8k if lucky!

Where got so low?
I interviewed a few candidate this year already during covid-19, they asking for 4k+ starting pay. The most ridiculous one was a 2nd upper nus comp science asking for 4.9k.

I purposely gave him a programming test from a previous hackathon competition. He can't do.

I broke his confidence. Hahaha. And didn't offer him the job. In the reason for rejection, I put "Starting pay above expectation but interview assessment which included problem solving using coding abilities expected from a comp science student is below expectation".

In the end, we can only afford a SIM cyber security, but he very team player. So I guess it works out the same.

Unregistered 02-10-2021 07:38 AM

Is it true that for perm staff, every 3 years is promotion? Provided decent to good performance.

Unregistered 02-10-2021 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 184935)
Is it true that for perm staff, every 3 years is promotion? Provided decent to good performance.

No that is not true. There's alot of misinformation in this thread about ST Engineering and mostly by contract staff who only see the tip of the iceberg. Fact that ST Engineering is very diverse in culture and practice muddies the water alot.

For perm staff promotion it depends on performance and quota available. There are cmi perm staff who are stuck in the same grade for 8 to 10 years.

Unregistered 03-10-2021 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 184996)
No that is not true. There's alot of misinformation in this thread about ST Engineering and mostly by contract staff who only see the tip of the iceberg. Fact that ST Engineering is very diverse in culture and practice muddies the water alot.

For perm staff promotion it depends on performance and quota available. There are cmi perm staff who are stuck in the same grade for 8 to 10 years.

Nah... too many JLB in ST so Promotion or not still compete with another JLB.
The politics also plays a big part in promotion.
How diverse can the culture be? Compare to a mnc? ST culture is another army style lah. If you can survive in the top down and do less means less problem attitude means you will like ST. If you want to chiong and get results then go and join mnc lah, if you can.

Unregistered 04-10-2021 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 184996)

I don't think information by perm staff here is misinformation. It's precisely how they are treated like outsiders that those views are given.

There are so many instances witnessed that in a team, it's always the perm staff that were given more opportunities and promotions. Most of the divisions with high turnover rates are usually from outsourced contract staff, but hardly any perm staff leave.

Unregistered 04-10-2021 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 184895)
Where got so low?
I interviewed a few candidate this year already during covid-19, they asking for 4k+ starting pay. The most ridiculous one was a 2nd upper nus comp science asking for 4.9k.

I purposely gave him a programming test from a previous hackathon competition. He can't do.

I broke his confidence. Hahaha. And didn't offer him the job. In the reason for rejection, I put "Starting pay above expectation but interview assessment which included problem solving using coding abilities expected from a comp science student is below expectation".

In the end, we can only afford a SIM cyber security, but he very team player. So I guess it works out the same.

Lol what a sad sour loser you are.

Unregistered 04-10-2021 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 184895)
Where got so low?

Precisely the type of culture so many are complaining about in ST. Superiority complex in the pond but can never exit the pond into the ocean. Loser. That candidate just dodged a bullet.

Unregistered 04-10-2021 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 185165)
I don't think information by perm staff here is misinformation. It's precisely how they are treated like outsiders that those views are given.

There are so many instances witnessed that in a team, it's always the perm staff that were given more opportunities and promotions. Most of the divisions with high turnover rates are usually from outsourced contract staff, but hardly any perm staff leave.

Sorry, I mean information by contract staff, not perm staff.