Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ST Electronics (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3060-st-electronics.html)

Lobot 19-02-2021 04:26 PM

Not easy to move lei, spent 4 years there doing nothing. Hard to explain what you did during your interviews.

Unregistered 19-02-2021 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lobot (Post 156601)
Not easy to move lei, spent 4 years there doing nothing. Hard to explain what you did during your interviews.

You must learn how to smoke for your interview.
How you do well for your interview, you can go to learn.

Unregistered 20-02-2021 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 156592)
My contract also expiring 1st April. I checked with jobline they have already send notification to company but no news. Jobline told me is usually 3 months before expiry will inform...

But I check with my RO, she can't give me answer cause she also dunno my outcome..
Seems like it's not her call, headcount or budget or something.

Oh well time to move on, work here for 4 years..
Time to start elsewhere from the bottom again.

I feel for you. Suddenly during bad years contract never renew regardless of performance.

Unregistered 20-02-2021 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 156638)
I feel for you. Suddenly during bad years contract never renew regardless of performance.

It's not personal, it's just business...

So don't be personal with colleagues.

Unregistered 21-02-2021 01:46 PM

try harder again next time

Unregistered 21-02-2021 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lobot (Post 156601)
Not easy to move lei, spent 4 years there doing nothing. Hard to explain what you did during your interviews.

Then restart your career la, to be honest, this is your choice which you have chosen to stay there doing nothing for the past 4 yr and earn the $. so, i think you can only blame urself.

Now is up to you whether you wan to suffer a bit of pay cut and move on to something which you can learn and grow yourself or continue to do nothing and rot there.

Unregistered 22-02-2021 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 156533)
Takes alot of time to grade meh?
Grading is done on a day to day basis on my side.
We already know who is what grade based on daily interaction at work.

Don't need to wait until one magical day to "waste time and productivity" to do grading.
You mean you can't tell who is performing and who is not performing?

Can't tell who come to work on time who come late everyday?
Can't tell who always make mistake at work or who double check their work?
Can't tell who takes 3 days to response with tai chi excuse and who actually took action to resolve the issue?
Can't tell who is professional with technical knowledge and who is just bullshit?

If can't tell, then my friend, your grading is just for $ and bonus and promotion and power.
So. Get back to work.

The issue is with convincing the bosses who have the final approval on the grading. Your supervisor can have the best impression of you but you can get the worst grading if the bosses don't agree with your supervisors with their "wide range of information sources".

Unregistered 22-02-2021 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 156529)
Then do grading for what? Waste time waste productivity.

People will no mind no bonus if the company is not doing well BUT they were taken care of nicely by the company on good days. Given how a huge percentage of staff feel even during good days, I can see how morales are greatly affected during COVID-19, especially with many bosses who are very bad with words / PR.

Unregistered 22-02-2021 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 156760)
The issue is with convincing the bosses who have the final approval on the grading. Your supervisor can have the best impression of you but you can get the worst grading if the bosses don't agree with your supervisors with their "wide range of information sources".

If the boss need so much convincing of your performance....
Then your performance doesn't speak for itself...
Your first time working ah?

Everybody know you should jus aim for not below average can liao.
Default is average. Want exceed expectations ah? Unless you are involved in million dollars project, almost no chance...

Just slack la. Good bonus means need to do more.
Just slack you are getting bonus for not doing any work.

Unregistered 22-02-2021 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 156774)
If the boss need so much convincing of your performance....
Then your performance doesn't speak for itself...
Your first time working ah?

Everybody know you should jus aim for not below average can liao.
Default is average. Want exceed expectations ah? Unless you are involved in million dollars project, almost no chance...

Just slack la. Good bonus means need to do more.
Just slack you are getting bonus for not doing any work.


Your analogy is funny. It's precisely the bosses have no idea of what the engineers are doing that is why they need the supervisors to sell the engineers. When the engineering teams are hand-tied due to lack of tools and the unwillingness of the management to invest in new methodologies, the teams get the blame. The teams make recommendations to management for budgeting, rejected due to cost. Teams ask to go course upgrade, rejected due to not in budget.

You have no idea how stuck in the well some bosses are when it comes to the latest technology and practices. Give you sand and water but expect you to build a cement house.

Probably you put on the best wayang show for your bosses to see.


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 10:02 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2